About the Product
- Collect incredible new weapons -- from the standard shotgun and grenade launcher to the new Dark Matter Gun
- Fight with the support of an elite squad, using tactical skills to prevail over a deadly enemy
- Battle outdoors using tanks and walkers
- Compete online in fast action arena-style multiplayer games
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This classic game has been around for eons. I remember the old days of Doom and Hexen - and wow, have we come far since then! We now see a very cinematic version of the FPS epic series, with cinematic style intro sequences reminiscent of Alien and other great sci-fi series.
You're in essence a space marine, part of the Rhino group. Your team is shot down from the sky while landing on a hostile planet, taking out the Strogg. From that point forward, all you need to know is that you have to blow up pretty much everything that moves.
I'm sure, with the never-ending sequence of sequels that come out, that people will compare this to old versions of Doom and Quake. They'll also compare it to Halo. Really, unless you want to play with old-system games for years on end, you have to find other things to play. I love Halo and Halo 2. But eventually I want to play new games, if only to try out new maps.
Quake has a whole different look-and-feel than Halo does. It's a different universe, a dark, bloody one full of industrial grunge. It's more "gritty". And, to be honest, as much as I love Halo, I really appreciated the marines in Quake 4. They appeared to actually work as a team. My medic and techie hung out near me, healing me and giving me support. In Halo it seemed like your teammates were the traditional "red uniformed security dudes" from Star Trek - only around to act as cannon fodder during the current episode. In Quake 4, they were much more long lasting, if you played things well.
Is this a killer app? Probably not.Read more ›
- early desert levels look uninspired, boring. If you left the game early, I can see why it got such bad press.
- goofy arcade shoot-`em-up game elements in which you shoot stuff and it flies up into the air. Reminds me of a boorish arcade game.
- fantastic looking Doom3 engine.
- once you get beyond the external desert levels, much better maps and environments begin to kick in.
- variety of enemies with their own characteristics.
- slight twist on the health/armor pack. You also have techs that occasionally travel with you and can fix your health and armor. the also use the health station concept that Half-Life2 uses.
- good array of weapons. The weapons get upgrades which is nice. The lightning gun can hit multiple targets. I especially like the Dark Matter Gun which shoots a slow beautiful purplish-black inky deathlike projectile.
- no need to consult the internet due to glitches or non-intuitive gameplay.
Again, I don't know where to place the story. It's like criticizing a bad low-budget horror movie, it's almost unfair.Read more ›
I loved QUAKE version on the computer! So, I bought this for the XBOX.
This game is buggy. It freezes at different points in the game, then the save feature does not alway s work. Very frustrating having to spend long periods of time walking back through chapters. The graphics are choppy. This game is like a high school student project compared to even the first version of HALO! It's lame, I returned it, DON'T BUY IT!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved this game when it first came out. The level designs were even better than Doom 3. It was basically an upgraded version of Doom 3. Read morePublished 3 months ago by AP
Just what I ordered.Unfortunately not what I needed, my mistake.Published 7 months ago by charles r
Before I write this review I just I want you to know that I think this game is fun as all hell but I wouldn't buy this version of quake is because of how absolutely god awful the... Read morePublished 11 months ago by jorge
would love to see quake 3 on xbox as well- anything from ID is awesome!!!!Published 16 months ago by Kindle Customer