Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: High Quality Metal-Tip Flat Laces For Boots And Shoes
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

on October 2, 2008
These flat laces with a metal tip are very nice.

However, it ended up that the shoes I wanted to use them in had lace holes too small to get the metal tip through and so I have decided to go with the regular, non-metal tipped laces.

I posted a pic so people could see them and get an idea of how big the tips are compared to a wooden matchstick.

A regular matchstick and a regular toothpick have no problem going through the eyelets of my shoes but these metal tips are about double the size of a toothpick in my estimation.

These are decent priced quality laces that did arrive in a timely manner, the tips were just too big for the shoes I wanted to use them in, and probably most dress shoes.
review image
on November 18, 2011
I had problems with frayed laces so I gave these a try. They definitely will solve that problem. My only issue is slightly cosmetic as the laces appear to have tips that match the laces color, but what I received had metal silver tips.
on September 30, 2013
What I received did not match the picture. The metal tips were silver in color, cylindrical, long, and bullet shaped at the end. I needed something for casual dress shoes, not infantry boots. Back they went.

>>>>>>>UPDATED<<<<<<<

I advised the manufacturer/seller (at that time, the Feet People) of the snafu and waited for their adjustment response. One week passed, then another week. Soon, over a month went by, and still no response.

I filed a claim through Amazon's A-to-z Guarantee Program and had my full product and shipping refund in less than a week.

Kudos to Amazon. They stand behind their program, and truly make shopping risk free.

_
on May 14, 2012
The description says these laces are metal-tipped, and the photos show tips that are the same color as the laces.

The laces I received have metal tips all right, but they're CHROME! Ugly, ugly, ugly. Especially on brown laces where the tip is in such stark contrast to the lace.

They do seem well-made and otherwise are as described but these laces were intended for the shoes I wear to work, and the chrome tips would just look too silly/informal so they're pretty much useless to me.
on April 28, 2012
These laces are perfect for my short boots. The brown matches almost exact, the silver tip adds style, and the length was perfect. I ordered the 63" for my short boots. These laces look much more hardy than the laces they are replacing, which broke in a matter of months.
review image
on December 17, 2012
These are nice laces, but:
- the tips are big and may require some serious pushing to get them through the eyelets (which I don't mind, since it helps keep the shoes laced if they become untied)
- the tips are chrome, not lace-colored as depicted
- one of the tips popped off within a day and hasn't been seen since.
Update: Contacted the vendor, and they said they would send me another set pronto--nice!
Another Update: The replacement laces arrived, but they do not have the metal tips that were the reason that I ordered the laces in the first place. Bad job.
The Last Update: They sent new laces with metal tips. Finally, good job!
on December 8, 2012
I ordered these to go in my old-style hiking boots, so I was pleased with the substantial silver metal tips (Aglets) which are not shown in the photographs. They would be a problem in shoes with small eyelet holes. Apparently these are made to order, as there was no label or packaging, just tiny rubber bands around them. Service and shipping were very fast.

Bottom line: very good laces for boots and sneakers, not so much for dress shoes. I'm very satisfied, and will order again if needed.
on March 3, 2009
Great product, flat laces stay tied! Good price, great shipping! Very satisfied. I do a lot of hunting and hiking.
on October 7, 2014
The actual metal tip on these are much much larger than the picture. It would be really great if you took an actual picture of the product you're sending out. I can not use these because the tip is larger than the eyelet holes on my shoes.
on October 14, 2014
These shoelaces are great. The metal tips go through the small holes in the leather athletic shoes with no problem at all. The tips seem to be solidly attached to the lace, unlike many plastic tips. And it is great to find the long 72"length available in nice colors other than black or white.

See 1 answered question