- Series: Handbook
- Hardcover: 1248 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 5 edition (October 30, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0070016593
- ISBN-13: 978-0070016590
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 2.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #175,432 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Water Quality & Treatment Handbook 5th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Distinguished by its all-inclusive coverage of public water supply treatment, the American Water Works Association's Water Quality & Treatment has stood as the leading international source in the field for over 60 years. With a full 90% of its material new to this edition, this one-of-a-kind reference is more essential than ever. Here, you'll find all the basics, starting with a rationale for water quality and goals, and progressing to discussion of:
* Methods of performing hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for flood insurance studies
* Compliance and enforcement sections
* A method of assessing coastal flooding and other hazards
* And more!
Authoritative, comprehensive, and written by more than 20 highly respected specialists, Water Quality and Treatment brings you 18 illustrated chapters detailing state-of-the-art technologies and methods. It features updated appraisals of everything from aeration and coagulation processes, to chemical oxidation and water plant waste management. Whether the topic is the health and aesthetic aspects of water quality, or the latest details on effective control of microbia, you can't find a more in-depth-or more critical-guide to water supply treatment than the one you're holding right now.
NEW IN THIS EDITION
* Leading-edge membrane technologies
* Disinfection processes for prevention of Cryptosporidium and E. Coli outbreaks
* Enhanced removal of total organic carbon
* Updates on all processes and treatments
* European regulations
* U.S. regulatory changes
About the Author
The American Water Works Association (AWWA) is the leading organization of water management professionals in the United States. The AWWA's headquarters are in Denver, Colorado.