Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 142 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 308 reviews
on January 4, 2017
I am a real grump when I have a canker sore. Seemingly everything I like to eat irritates my cankers. If you're careful and apply these just as described in the instructions, and wait until they "stick" before you let go of your cheek and close your mouth, they really are beyond amazing.

Within an hour I forget I have a canker sore. I prefer to use them at night right before bed. Generally it takes 2 canker covers to fully heal a sore, but those two days are pretty pain free vs. the 2 weeks my sores drag on without these.

I will say, I feel the price is a total shock. I don't know why they cost what they do. But when I'm in pain, I'm happy to pay for the relief and healing.

They do turn into a gel-like gooey covering, so if you have a canker right by your lip you won't be able to wear these in public and look super professional. They work so well I don't care how I look, at least it doesn't hurt! NOTE: Recently, the brand has changed from Quantum to Dentek. The product is exactly the same. When Amazon is out of stock, I can generally find these locally at the chain pharmacies, but the price on Amazon is usually much better.
on January 22, 2016
Seems to work. DO NOT USE A WHOLE TABLET! For smaller sores or when they first begin, break the tablet in half or quarters. This product is noticeable if used anywhere near the front of your mouth. I put it on at night on a day where I'll be at home the next day. It is extremely difficult to get off after it has just been applied. I don't recommend trying to remove it. It seems to come off when you eat, so consider that when planning your meals if you're needing to leave it on. It's expensive, but if you're anything like me and there's no solution to the pain, it's well worth it!
on April 5, 2016
As someone who suffers from time to time with canker sores, these are awesome! They give immediate relief. However, there are certain places in the mouth where it is difficult to get the cover to stay on. It seems to be around spots where a saliva gland is close by and the area just stays too moist for the cover to stay on. It also depends on the location of the sore. I find the best time to put them on is at night, right before going to bed. They prevent waking up in the middle of the night due to the sharp pane of an open canker sore rubbing against your teeth. They definitely help speed up the healing time as well. My two go-to's for relief are Canker Cover, and the other is Kanka, "Blistex Kanka Soft Brush Tooth/Mouth Pain Gel." Between these two, you'll be able to get the relief you are looking for.
on February 14, 2014
Fortunately, I am only plagued with canker sores about once a year but man what a painful experience they can be. I used to get them more often as a kid and would treat them with my dad's silver nitrate sticks (a prescription for cuts and things). Basically the silver nitrate would burn the hell out of the sore and it would turn black and literally heal overnight.
Well without my dads prescription I was desperate to find something over the counter that works. So I tried both these and canker rid. These canker covers are awesome! They are a little pricey @ Cvs ($2each /$12 per 6 pack). They are a little cheaper here on amazon, but you have to plan ahead as they take several days to show up.
They are quite strange when they get all gooey but they definitely work to block the pain and allow for eating and drinking. I gave 4 stars only because they lasted 6-8 hrs each. Not the 8-12hrs, as described. They do have just a tiny discomfort lasting for 10-15 seconds after initial application but have a nice menthol taste and feeling following that.

I also tried Durham's bee farm canker rid....
It stings like hell for a full 30 seconds after application, it tastes bad, stains everything black, and only lasts for 1 hr. The canker covers are much, much, better!!!
on December 4, 2015
So far I've used 2 of the 6 Canker Covers (broke them in half so have had 4 uses). The covers allow me to eat and drink better, and it helps with a great deal of the pain. I'd recommend these if you get really bad cankers. However they are annoying to have in your mouth. If you have a canker on your tongue it lasts for probably half the time.
on August 29, 2014
These are the only things that work on my behemoth canker sores, inevitable results of biting my cheeks/lips incessantly due to an underbite. I swear by these, and usually, one to two will do the trick. It can stick to your teeth in a nasty way and doesn't latch on to gums, but it DOES allow you to eat, speak, and drink close to normally and with barely any pain. They're a little pricey but absolutely amazing. I never travel without one!
on March 13, 2016
These do stop the pain of canker sores, if you don't mind the cost. They leave a gob of goo, but it can be removed. There is NO cure for canker sores, so don't expect a cure.
on April 24, 2013
I have suffered for years from aphthous ulcers in all locations of my mouth. The worst are the giant ones I occasionally get on my soft palate. They make my life miserable for up to two weeks.

Previously, the only remedy that worked was Ora 5. This blend of copper sulfate and iodine was an astringent, anti-bacterial agent that had the ability to stop a canker sore in its tracks. Unfortunately, it is no longer manufactured. I subsequently discovered that copper sulfate or "bluestone" is a folk remedy for canker sores that has been used for decades. People used to keep a chunk of the mineral and hold it on incipient sores to speed healing. From my experience with Ora 5, I can tell you that it works.

Since Ora 5 disappeared, I have had good results with Canker Cover. The gel patches make eating, swallowing, and talking easier and reduce the pain considerably. Also, I believe that they speed healing by isolating the sore from the saliva and bacteria of the mouth. (As I write this, I have a Canker Cover on my soft palate, and last week I used them on my tongue which made the canker sore go away after only a couple of days.)

Here's my suggestion for the makers of Canker Cover: Impregnate the "contact" side of the patch with copper sulfate, and you will have the perfect remedy.
on November 26, 2013
I don't get canker sores often, but when I do they always seem to be enormous. These patches work wonders. They relieve the pain and form a protective layer so you can actually eat and drink. Depending on placement, these will stay on for several hours. They can be a little gross when they start to fall apart because they are a thick gel. It's best to use them overnight so they stay pretty dry, and it will give them more time to work. I can't recommend these highly enough.
on March 23, 2015
This is a product I can not live without. As soon as a canker sore starts I use these little covers. The sore goes away faster and also shields the sore from more irritation from food or drink. After trying out the first package, I promptly ordered 3 more to have a good supply.