Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on January 14, 2011
After 15 minutes of the course, it's easy to see why Dominic O'Brien is the world memory champion. The first exercise had me remembering 10 random words in exact order. Now, 2 weeks later, that exact string of words is still in my head.

The memory exercises he goes over really do work, and they're honestly not that difficult to learn. The course quality and content is world class. Some of the best teaching I've heard in years.

I'd also like to address a couple of the other comments I saw here on Amazon that almost caused me not to buy this course.

Workbook: So far, I've been doing all the exercises in my car. There really isn't a need for a workbook. If you have to write this stuff down, it pretty much defeats the purpose of using your memory.

Accent: From one reviewers description, I thought the course would be read by an Armenian version of Boomhower from King of the Hill. I was thinking,

"here goes, I'm gonna get this course and not be able to understand a word!?!".

Whoever wrote the review complaining about his accent is an idiot.

Dominic has a British English accent, and is the easiest person in the world to understand. It's a very light accent, and his vocabulary and prose is perfect. As a Native English speaker living in the US, I can honestly say that Dominic O'Brien is easier to listen to and comprehend than 90% of the people I talk to here everyday!

Overall Thoughts

If you're serious about improving your memory (or remembering names, my shortfall) I highly recommend this course. World Class teaching!
on December 29, 2014
Not only will you learn to vastly improve all facets of your memory with this program, with a little diligence you will become more focused, creative, and confident. Dominic explains that using Association Location, and Imagination, you can not only remember anything but you will create new pathways in your brain, making you a more spontaneous and creative person. In my humble opinion this program demonstrates how to actively utilize the concept of neuroplasticity whereby making your brain more flexible, "stronger", and healthier.

I was shocked at the short sightedness of all of the 1 and 2 star reviews. All of the negative reviews are complaints about the fact that you have to practice. Also you can tell that NONE of them practiced even the first/beginner skills or else they would get immediate confirmation that this is a skill that when developed, is quite serious. Is this the only memory program? No. However I doubt there is a better one out there
on October 26, 2016
I think most people would give this a 5 star. I just question if this is really for me. I am giving it a try. It is well put together and there is a lot of good info. I bought mine used am slowly making my way through all the info. My memory is terrible, and it is giving me ideas to think about. Like anything, it is subjective to what your experience is before and how much you practice the techniques. It is good info and put together fine. It is not for everyone, but I am still glad I bought it. Maybe someday I will have more to say.
on May 29, 2014
Since completing the tapes a few weeks ago, I've memorized all 50 US states and capitals, the 10 largest bodies of water on earth and all 44 US presidents along with 2-3 interesting facts about each president. And I'm just scratching the surface! Very excited to apply these same principles to my profession as a public speaker and trainer. This stuff works!!!

I enjoyed the tape series and plan on listening to it each year or so. Thank you Dominic. You have done a great thing here.

Jeff
on April 11, 2012
I got this "course" because I wanted a simple way to exercise my brain when I go for hikes and walks and a memory course is exactly what I needed... I checked out a number of courses, their content, the feedback they got, and the cost. This course fit the bill, once I ripped the CDs to my iPod I was ready.

By the time I got to the 3rd CD I was using a few of the easy techniques (need repetition to sink in) with everyday tasks. For example after listening to the first CD while on my 4 mile walk (about 60 min) I practiced one time. I then cleaned up and went grocery shopping. At the store the fruit and vegetables are displayed as you walk in. I saw two types of pears at different prices. I used one technique to remember the price of the one I selected and continued to shop for about 20 minutes more buying about a dozen other items. At the checkout I easily remembered the pear price and blurted out "those are $1.99 a pound" as the cashier was looking for the code on the fruit. I thought "it worked!" I have since used a couple of the techniques for remembering peoples names and remembering lists and phone numbers when I didn't have something to write it down with.

The author has done the hard work, designing an easy to use system. I highly recommend this for students who want better grades, business people who want to do better on the job, and for everyday use I've found the course to be immensely helpful. Buy it and you'll be amazed at how easily you can remember so much more.
on February 5, 2016
I think every parent should buy these discs for their kids. You will not spend $26 in a better fashion. I always have had a very good memory. A couple of decades ago I got interested in memory techniques when trying to tutor some young people in a complex subject. I have read a lot of books on the subject, but none of them really compare with the practicality of Dominic O'Brien's tapes. Even if you only listen to the first disc and practice the simple concept of visualization in a story line, you will develop a better memory.

He has a very pleasant, modulated voice and goes at a nice pace.
on November 25, 2013
I've listened to two CD's on this set and so far have learned a thing or two. The author presents some interesting methods on how to remember things in an easy-to-adopt methodology that most people can relate to. I've seen this product listed elsewhere for 3Xs the amount. Get it here and you'll have no issues on its value.
on May 7, 2016
If you want a good memory learning product this is good. It's audio, but you learn faster because you don't have time to take notes on a paper which will make you subconsciously slower to learn the methods given in Dominic's program. I do feel you need to supplement it with the book 'Brillant Memory Week by Week or How to Pass exams. The books are a more hands on approach.
on November 8, 2006
The techniques Dominic explains at first seem childish, but I am telling you that his system works right from the start. In one of the first exercises he asks you to say back the ten words he says. I think I was able to remember four in order but couldn't remember the rest. After I used his first memory technique I not only remembered all ten words but remember them to this day and can't get them out of my head! I actually just spent about 10 minutes or less remembering all fifty states and their capitals. This stuff really works people and it's all so simple; you can use it right away as much as you want and remember whatever you want. Of course it still takes some amount of work, but the point is you will remember without having to study the same material again; all you have to do is recall it at certain time intervals over a period of time and you'll be able to recall it for good. A plus is that he narrarates and has a nice, friendly quality to his voice. I'm starting film editing school in a matter of weeks and know that this is going to help make remembering all of that material a breeze. I've never tried other memory techniques before so I have nothing to compare this to, but like I said it works like a charm so there's not need for me to look else where. If you are like me and want a much better memory, I highly reccomend this product.
on November 22, 2006
I have nearly all of Dominic O'Brien's books and I find this CD set very detailed and a good educational resource for improving memory.

I think all Dominic's methods are quite easy to learn but his most effective method is the Dominic system which he uses to remember numbers.

Basically he takes sets of numbers 00-99 and converts them to initials of a persons name. Example: 11 would be AA, which would be Andre Agassi. Anyone that knows anything about memory would have to agree its easier to remember a face and a persons name that just a plain number. Each person then has an action so they can be linked to the next person, this can then be put into a journey method.

This system definately works and i was so suprised when it did.

After listening to the CD's Dominic goes on to this system, I decided to stop the CD's until I had learnt this system of 100 names. Like i said, if you really want to learn Dominic's system you have to put in the time and effort. And that is exactly what i have been doing the past few months. I purchased some flash cards and wrote down each number on the back, then the name on the other side and have been learning them for the past few months. I now have 60 of the 100 memorized completely, but i have been taking my time reviewing and go over them as often as possible to put them into long term memory. Those names i kept forgetting, i changed. If you haven't heard of the dominic system you will understand what i mean when you get there.

If you have any hesitations about this system, don't. It works. It just takes the effort and time. It's the same with anything your learning, even a new language, you have to put in the effort and submerse yourself in it in order for it to be effective.

Great Product, well worth it, see you at the next memory championship..lol