- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (January 30, 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764502425
- ISBN-13: 978-0764502422
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,616,578 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
QuarkXPress 4 For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the Back Cover
Free QuarkXPress "Cheat Sheet" Inside!
Discover What Makes QuarkXPress One of the Top Desktop Publishing Programs! Using the tips and techniques offered in QuarkXPress(r) 4 For Dummies(r), Macintosh and Windows users alike can exploit the full power of QuarkXPress. This book answers your questions about QuarkXPress itself, about desktop publishing, and about layout before you even know you had questions! You'll find shortcuts, tips, and advice from the pros to help you create top-notch newsletters and stunning brochures - the fun and easy way! Ask for For Dummies(r) Books, the Fun and Easy Way to Find Out about Computers. Also look for Web Design & Desktop Publishing For Dummies(r), the fun and easy way to create stunning brochures and newsletters, and PCs For Dummies(r), 5th Edition, the fast and friendly guide to using your PC!
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
* Discover the fundamentals of QuarkXPress and important page layout tricks
* Find detailed explanations of all the major tools for layout, text editing, special effects, and printing
* Manipulate your text and graphics files to cut down on extra work
* Develop your hidden artistry with the new QuarkXPress graphics tools
* Recognize the best typefaces and layouts for producing a professional look
* Collaborate easily with colleagues using Windows or Mac versions of QuarkXPress
* Save time and effort by using shortcuts and automating common tasks
* Use fancy features like text wrap, freeform text, stripes, and freehand drawing tools
About the Author
About the Authors Barbara Assadi is a Creative Programs Manager at Oracle Corporation, where she manages the creation, design, and production of the company's annual report and collateral product marketing materials. Galen Gruman is Editor of Macworld magazine and is the coauthor of nine other books on desktop publishing. John Cruise, a QuarkXPress teacher and consultant, worked for Quark for several years. He helped develop QuarkXPress 2.12 and 3.0, as well as the Quark Publishing System.