Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 186 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 15, 2016
I like to purchase items that are as close or the same as the ones I used in the military because they are proven to be durable and effective. This canteen is just that, durable and very handy. Its made just as strong as the military issued ones, the caps threads are perfectly aligned to provide a water tight seal and the plastic it's made from is extremely durable. I've dropped it onto concrete, I've placed it in the freezer with a bit too much water and once the water has become ice it has not cracked the canteen, just bulged it a little but as soon as the ice has melted it goes right back to its original shape. Perfect color to match my accessories and it fits perfectly inside my military aluminum cooking can. I can't see any difference from the original military issue.
If you find my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" link below.
Thanks and always be safe :)
review image review image review image review image
on January 20, 2015
I like it, but think the Nalgene alternative is better. This is reliable and it should stand up to a fair amount of abuse, but for just about the same amount of money, I think the BPA free Nalgene model is a better buy. It is slightly lighter, and it still nests inside a standard GI carrier and inside the GI stainless steel cup, but this is opaque while the Nalgene is semi-transparent. A good thing for when you are outdoors and you want to see what sort of bugs and debris may be floating in your water.

I also like being able to see the clarity of the water in the container both before and after filtering.

This one may be sturdier than the Nalgene, which is probably why our troops use this instead of the Nalgene, but I don't know that I am going to use it so hard that I will need that extra bulk and weight. I have them both, so I will compare as I use them and update if necessary.
on May 24, 2016
I ordered 2 canteens. Speedy delivery. But they are not mil-spec canteens. I got 2 two-piece canteens (mil-spec canteens are three-piece). Thinner than a real USGI canteen... and they leak. Took some pics next to a mil-spec canteen. You can see the difference: no US markings, cap is one piece, thinner.
review image review image review image review image
on February 25, 2015
Probably not genuine military, but who was really expecting it to be at this price? If you want a nice canteen, there are better canteens, NEWER canteens out there. I know, because I bought one of those, too.

For a repro item, though, not bad. Even has the plastic-y taste down pat.
on March 13, 2017
Goes good with the OD Goverment Nylon Canteen Cover to attatch on belt.
on March 27, 2017
Looks like a real deal.
No smell.
on March 10, 2017
Functional, as described, fits the cup.
on April 10, 2017
Son loves it
on May 9, 2012
I immediately filled my canteen with water because people stated it leaked... Held it upside down... Nothing... Squeezed.... Leaked! OMG... Tightened cap... No more leak... Love this canteen!
on July 29, 2013
This is a hard plastic on hard plastic seal. I have strong hands and tightened it as hard as I could, and it leaks--pretty badly. Ridiculous. It may not leak if I can find a rubber gasket for it, but most folks aren't going to want to do that. Avoid it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.