Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Size: 1/8" Maximum Dial Thickness|Change

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on November 17, 2016
It keeps great time. This unit comes from Klockit. I have bought several clock mechanisms directly from them in the past. This one replaces one that died. I bought this one through Amazon because it saved me postage. I used the Gothic hands from the original clock, but the second hand had a different shaft size. I didn't want a red second hand, so I took a magic marker to it and now it's black to match the other hands. The Q-80 is a standard mechanism and can replace the guts in many wall clocks. If you are serious about accurate time keeping, get an atomic clock that uses the Fort Collins signal. They are a bit more expensive but they work great and automatically adjust for DST. This one keeps such good time that I rarely need to adjust it, so why pay more for a project clock.
on November 30, 2014
Purchased this as a replacement after reviewing a large number of offerings on Amazon including others by this vendor, Orange County Clocks. The movement itself appears a near duplicate of the one needing replacement.Though hands in the approximate style of those to be replaced on my clock are displayed, their size/length is not. A second hand is not included though my clock was equipped with one and the subject movement/shaft is designed to receive one. It was my mistake to think that the much longer and more sturdily crafted hands of my former movement as well as the second hand, would fit this movement, despite near identical cases (I was able to get the second hand to fit). It would be helpful if Orange County Clocks furnished this basic info as there is no means for the customer to convey requests for specific hand style of length during the ordering process. Note also that the hands supplied are extremely thin and bendable. Given that they are configured as "friction fit" (press-on) the shaft, and the fit is quite snug, care must be taken not to bend or distort them while installing. Given that movements, hour, minute and second hands are apparently not interchangeable but are quite inexpensive, I'll likely eat the cost of this one and look for another movement with a proper length set of hands to do the job right. Attached photo shows new hands installed, with original, larger hands nearby for comparison.
on December 15, 2015
I ordered three of these items, and received them faster than promised. I have repaired two of our clocks this afternoon, and am saving the third one for emergencies. I am including photos of my repaired clocks. The motorcycle clock has a black background, so to make the hands visible, I painted them white with simple acrylic craft paint. If you wanted the hands to glow in the dark, I am sure craft paint would also work for that. The installation was quick and easy, the directions were clear and easy to follow. The clocks both have significant emotional value to us, so replacing the clocks was not an option. I am so happy I found these and ordered them! Great product!!
review image review image
on September 22, 2015
I purchased this unit to replace an expired electric motor on a Craftsman Circular Saw blade clock. A previous reviewer commented on this as well and was able to utilize original hands and hardware. My experience was similar. The length of the larger treaded shaft that is used to fix the motor to the circular saw plate with a nut is not as long as on the original motor, therefore the locking nut cannot engage the threads. A simple fix is as follows: the original installation and the new hardware package both include a rubber washer that fits between the motor housing and the back of the circular saw plate. Replace this rubber washer with a washer made from electrical tape (thinner) and then nut engagement is satisfactory. As with a previous commenter, one can use the longer original dials if desired. At this point, the unit is rated 3 star simply because I have no experience on accuracy or motor durability. From an installation point of view for Craftsman Circular Saw blade clock replacements, I would rate 4 star.
on December 19, 2015
I bought this movement to replace another Clockit movement which had lasted about 5-6 years. (The original movement lasted about 10 years but I don't know who made that one).

I called Clockit because this new movement I purchased didn't move. They are very nice there. I was told to make sure that I did not over-tighten the nut for the minute hand (I have no second hand). I did not think I had particularly tightened it. But, I took the movement back out and loosened the nut and then only lightly turned it until it gently rested against the minute hand. I replaced the battery and the movement started to move, which got me excited. I threw away all the packaging. But, alas, I noticed the next day that it had only moved a few hours before stopping again, and hasn't moved since. I used only brand new Duracell AA batteries with this movement. I think I got a dud.
on January 19, 2016
I used these to make book clocks for Christmas gifts this year (cut hole in book, clock displayed on front cover). The instructions were easy to understand and I was able to put the clock together in just a few minutes. The hands are pretty malleable, so be careful when putting the clock together. Once you're finished, however these flimsy hands are not distinguishable from similar looking, more expensive clock mechanisms. So far it works great and is an interesting addition to my book shelf decor.
on September 6, 2015
I replaced a Quartex Q-80 on a Craftsman wall-clock (circular saw blade) that had died. The one on the clock was made in the USA, the one that arrived was made in China. The fit was slightly off, the movement post is not as long, but workable leaving off a couple o-rings. I used the hands from the original clock instead of the packaged ones that arrived bent (easily fixed but I wanted the original color scheme). Time keeping has been good.
on April 14, 2017
Came with everything needed instructions included easy to read an understand fit perfectly works excellent !!Quartex® Q-80 Quartz Clock Movement, 3/16" Maximum Dial Thickness, 7/16" Hand Shaft Length
on November 10, 2015
Works perfectly and is impeccably accurate. It replaced the movement in an "award/recognition" clock given to me 25-30 years ago. I had to cut the long "pointy" ends off the hands to get them to fit in the case around the face, but that also worked perfectly.
on April 16, 2016
Very disappoint. movement keeps stopping after several hours. Check batteries but it is not that. Once I tap on the device it starts to work for a little while. It is almost not worth the try and just buy a cheap wall clock.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse