Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on October 28, 2015
I can’t be 100% sure, but I’m fairly certain that the first beauty product I ever used was the Queen Helene’s Mint Julep mask. I remember taking it out of my mother’s room and using it on my face. At any rate, I recently started using it again after years, and surprisingly it’s cheaper on here than it is in the store near my house. At any rate, I usually use it during my weekly facial and skin care regimen that I give myself at home. Basically, I use my Conair facial steamer and extractor, and go to town on all of the little pimples on my face. I then exfoliate my face using TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar) (8 Oz), which is excellent for evening my skin tone, brightening my complexion, and shrinking my pores, and then I use the Queen Helene’s. The mint julep mask is great because while you feel tightening of your skin while it dries, there’s really no discomfort while you have it on. There’s no tingling, burning, or anything. It’s also great because you immediately see results when you rinse it off, your face will look smoother, brighter, and your pimples will be smaller. It’s fantastic. After I use the queen helene’s I use a tiny bit of witch hazel as an astringent, and then I use my night cream. Since putting the mint julep mask back in the mix, my skin has been looking fantastic. I definitely recommend!
on November 28, 2011
Say what you will but I'm a guy that prefers to take care of the face. Do it while you are young because the older you get the harder it will get. Anyways, I am not one that goes through a whole routine of several creams but I stick with 1 or 2 consistently. Don't really have acne anymore and no marks from it but this stuff is great for tightening the skin, keeping it clear, and removing dead skin flakes. To be honest I was inspired by Christian Bale in American Psycho but this isn't the peel away type of mask. I usually rub it on and leave it on for about 30 minutes and go shower. I have tried just using it during the day but getting it off with just running water in the sink is tough because it starts sliding down your neck and stuff LOL. Anyways, as a guy who used to have moderate acne but none anymore and no marks, this is the routine of champions IMO:

1) Wrinkle Preventer: AHA lotion for slowly (and I mean slowly) removing blemishes and old marks and preventing wrinkles. ~ $10 on here.
2) Moisturizer: Oily of Olay if not using AHA. I take breaks. Oily of Olay will prevent dryness and flakes. ~$10 or so.
3) Peel: Salicylic acid peel 100 mL bottle. Use it for body acne mostly but it can work on face. ~$30 on here.
4) Pore Shrinker: This mask. $3-5 on here.

And these last 1 year each. So that is like $50 to keep the face clean and clear without going overboard.

Cheers!
1010 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2015
I have used this product on and off since middle school. It is a green hue, and makes at-home masks fun due to the off-beat color. It is very thick (not runny or viscous at all) but smoothes on easily once you get your fingers working. It has a menthol/minty type of feeling that is refreshing. I usually leave it on for about 5-10 minutes until it is completely dry. I rinse first with warm water to help break up the product, then finally I rinse with very cold water to tighten up my pores. It does make your pores appear smaller, and it helps to shrink any small/medium sized pimples on your face. For a product this inexpensive, it is worth to have a bottle of these for a skin refresher. Best if used once a week.
on September 5, 2015
I've been using this product for most of my life, as my mother used to purchase it when I was a kid and like many children I wanted to put the "green stuff" on my face when she used it. I hadn't been able to find it in the stores in a long time, and recently picked it up on Amazon instead. It's still the same fabulous product. I have very sensitive combo skin and this mask never irritates or over-dries my skin, but it balances out any oily areas and helps heal breakouts quickly. Don't waste money on other products that have the same basic ingredients at two or three times the price.
on April 7, 2015
I like it. Didn't really 'brighten' my skin or make it refreshed, but it definitely helped my break outs. I put the mask and let it dry for about 20-30 minutes. When I took it off, using latex pads soaked in luke warm water, my pimples had already started drying up. :)
on June 19, 2016
This is a product my adult son uses. Don't laugh - he grew up with the usual skin issues that most teen boys experience. A few years ago, he started using this at the behest of one of my friends and it made a huge difference for his skin. He has great skin now and uses this product religiously.
on October 5, 2015
This helped calm down my break outs and helped oily skin from the summer.
just make sure you do a thin layer, i did a thick one the first time and it made me break out and it burned,
but once i tried with a thin layer it helped a lot. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry skin.
on April 6, 2014
I have terrible, itchy, red, painful folliculitis on my forehead that never goes away. But the first time I used this masque, my forehead was suddenly a normal color and nearly free of the bumps. My skin was also soft and smooth and refreshed. I did the masque again the next night and my forehead was nearly completely healed. I LOVE this stuff. LOVE it. I will definitely always be keeping some on hand from now on.
on December 18, 2013
I've used many many different masks for my acne prone skin and this one is definitely one of the top ones on my list. I apply it to my face twice a week in the evening and leave it for 45 minutes before washing it off then apply a thin layer of balancing moisturizer (for acne skin). I didn't even need to use any medication afterwards. It's noticeable that mask helps the skin to heal from broken pimples or those that were about to develop into big ones. One of the big plus that come with this product is that it's not too expensive so I strongly recommend it!!
on December 28, 2014
stinks, but bearable. works wonders. I've used many masks and this one seems to really make a difference on my cystic acne. seems to pull out the nasty stuff so that it doesn't turn into cysts. So I'm loving it!