Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 256 reviews
on April 25, 2017
This is a review of this particular disc, I will not review the music, because that's a matter of taste, and I'm sure no one cares if I like the songs or not. I purchased the Queen II CD 2011 Remaster (D001364202). If you receive this recording, do your self a favor and return it without opening. The sound quality on this disc is unbelievably bad. Hollywood Records and Bob Ludwig should be embarrassed. I've never heard a disc with more distortion; the bass is boomy, and the cymbals are total out of control. While the original recording was undoubtedly garbage, this is at least as bad. I also have a copy of A Night At The Opera, which is of acceptable quality.
on March 9, 2017
Really great Rock, you will enjoy the music
on June 13, 2016
one of there best
on October 17, 2015
Great condition!!!!
on November 13, 2015
Scratched and unplayable. Had to go out and buy another copy.
on July 27, 2010
First let me establish that Queen II is a classic. This review is of the latest vinyl release, not the music itself!

Queen's second album was a very ambitious undertaking to say the least. It was once said by Brian May that they overdubbed so much music, the master tape became see-through (something later attributed to the recording of "Bohemian Rhapsody" two albums later). Unfortunately, the technology of the day didn't quite keep up with Queen's imagination.

This causes most copies of this album (both vinyl and CD) to sound rather thin at times. This new reprint does take a step in the right direction. It has an airy, natural sound, while keeping the atmosphere of the original. Freddie's voice is quite prominent and strong, and the background vocals swirl around with the beauty and controlled insanity ("Ogre Battle", for example) that raise this record above most of Queen's others (yes, including A Night At The Opera!). The drums and bass also pack enough punch to grab your attention, especially on Roger Taylor's "Loser In The End".

I found the packaging to be nice. The main difference from the original is that the record company is listed as Hollywood Records instead of EMI (England) or Elektra (US). Also, there's no song listing on the back cover, which is consistent with the English release (the US version had a song listing above the Queen emblem).

All in all, I am quite happy to have bought this copy of one of my all-time favorite albums!
on April 25, 2014
It's been said by many reviewers here, but I'll say it again: Queen 2 is the band's best record. I love or really like all of Queen's records but this one is just amazing. I think that other Queen records seem to always have that one song (or more than one if we're talking Hot Space...) that just didn't speak to me; which I attribute to the their adventurous musical nature and unique sound - which is a good thing. However, on Queen 2 every song is just perfect.
on November 26, 2012
Am I the only one who loves "Funny How Love Is"? Try singing along with it. Anyway, what can I say about this masterwork. This album has a certain something about it, just like the follow-up release, and the one after that. Like "Led Zeppelin IV," this mish-mash of styles just works. Honestly, how many other bands can (a) sing this well, (b) write such great songs, (c) play their instruments so well? How many? Listen to this record, you unbelievers. You lords and lady creatures. Then wonder why you ever bought an ELP record.
on December 16, 2009
Listening to this album on a brand new slab of vinyl is a magnificent experience. The sound is so much clearer and open. I'm not aware of any kind of specific remastering that's been done, but to me, the sound is superior than the latest CD release I first listened to. Not only that, but it's a great update for my well-worn 1974 Elektra copy. The packaging isn't a complete replica, understandably, but it's close enough that you can tell they really tried to pay as much attention to detail as possible.
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 14, 2015
I have listened to this album so many times I can lip sync much of it and still I hear something new every time it plays. On a road trip I realized I'd left my copy in the other car so now I have three copies. One for my studio, one in the Jeep and one in the Honda. When I need to hear March of the Black Queen, there is simply nothing else that will do!