Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.08 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Mary Queen of Scots (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
Mary Queen Of Scots (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Composer Max Richter has written a compelling and dramatic score for the upcoming historical drama, Mary Queen of Scots. Directed by Josie Rourke and starring Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan, the movie explores the turbulent life of the charismatic Mary Stuart and her attempt to overthrow her cousin, Elizabeth I, Queen of England. The lavish orchestral score features a full orchestra and eclectic vocal pieces.
- Product Dimensions : 5.55 x 5 x 0.2 inches; 11.78 Ounces
- Manufacturer : Deutsche Grammophon
- Original Release Date : 2018
- Date First Available : October 11, 2018
- Label : Deutsche Grammophon
- ASIN : B07HQ7G8RC
- Number of discs : 1
Best Sellers Rank:
#104,104 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
- #6,849 in Soundtracks (CDs & Vinyl)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The Shores Of Scotland (3 1/2 out of 4 stars)
2. Elizabeth's Portrait (4 out of 4 stars)
3. A Claim To The Throne (4 out of 4 stars)
4. If Ye Love Me (4 out of 4 stars)
5. My Crown (4 out of 4 stars)
6. The Poem (4 out of 4 stars)
7. Darnley's Visit (4 out of 4 stars)
8. The Wedding (4 out of 4 stars)
9. Knox (4 out of 4 stars)
10. The Hilltop (3 1/2 out of 4 stars)
11. Rizzio's Plea (3 1/2 out of 4 stars)
12. The Ambush (4 out of 4 stars)
13. Pray For Me (4 out of 4 stars)
14. A New Generation (4 out of 4 stars)
15. Darnley's Dismissal (4 out of 4 stars)
16. Outmaneuvered (4 out of 4 stars)
17. The Assassination (4 out of 4 stars)
18. Finale (4 out of 4 stars)
Top reviews from other countries
Max Richter wrote a truly dramatic, overwhelmingly powerful, touching, sometimes haunting and mostly hymnal score for the film, which operates with militant drums, delicate, breezy strings, and beautiful soft soloist woodwind instrument (perhaps oboe). The score almost one hour long and includes 18 pieces in an integral whole. I don't usually highlight a piece of the whole, but the sinister "The Wedding" (8), the ladylike "Pray For Me" (13), the moving "The Assassination" (17), and the particularly expressive "Finale" (18), are prominent parts of the production!
The sound quality and the recording process is both perfect - like in the case of most Deutsche Grammophon publications - packed in an attractive "digipak" cover - including with a breathtaking still-pic about Saoirse Ronan (as Mary Stuart) in armour, which forces me to tears always, when I listen to this music! To whoever love that movie, those will also need to buy this! Engaging, like the movie itself!
Was concerned that the soundtrack would struggle when listened to in isolation (having seen the film) and while the passages are fairly short it's still very engaging as a piece of music on it's own merits. Not in the vein of a lot of Max's work but then he was working to a brief. Personally, I love it. It has motifs running through it (as do most soundtracks) but there's enough dramatic/quite/ominous pieces to really hold interest.