- Series: Victorian Literature and Culture Series
- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: University of Virginia Press; y First edition edition (May 29, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0813919401
- ISBN-13: 978-0813919409
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 0.9 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,165,453 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A Queer Chivalry: The Homoerotic Asceticism of Gerard Manley Hopkins (Victorian Literature and Culture Series) y First edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
By paying close attention to the Victorian contexts of Hopkins's texts while deploying concepts from psychoanalytic theory, Saville's book exemplifies how biography, history, literary interpretation, and critical theory can be brought together in interesting, insightful ways.(Thaïs Morgan, Arizona State University)
About the Author
Julia F. Saville is Assistant Professor of English at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.