- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by Shopcents when you purchase 5 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Queer Eye - The Fab Five Collection” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 83% off the $47.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Queer Eye - The Fab Five Collection
Frequently Bought Together
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Carson's Style (plus bonus DVD outtakes and Season 1 episodes), Kyan & Jai's Looking Good (plus bonus CD); Ted's Food & Wine (plus bonus CD) and Thom's Home (plus bonus DVD of Season 2 outtakes)
Every member of Bravo's stylish quintet gets to shine in The Fab Five Collection. Fashion expert Carson Kressley ("Style"), interior designer Thom Filicia ("Home"), and kitchen connoisseur Ted Allen ("Food and Wine") all get their own double-disc sets, while grooming guru Kyan Douglas and culture maven Jai Rodriguez share one ("Looking Good"). Each features an hour of highlights (clips arranged by theme). In addition, Carson and Thom's sets include bonus outtake DVDs. The other bonus discs are hour-long CDs: the dance-oriented "Deep Collective" for Kyan and Jai and chilled-out "Lounge Essentials" for Ted, whose DVD also includes recipes.
The highlights are instructive and entertaining, but only two full-length episodes are included. Consequently, this collection is likely to be appreciated more by those already familiar with the Emmy Award-winning series since much of the context is gone, i.e. who the subjects are and why they agreed to appear on the program. The first episode, included with Carsons Style, is "He's a Little Bit Country, She's a Little Bit Overwhelmed," in which the Five "make better" a New Jersey contractor who wants everything to be perfect when he proposes to his girlfriend. (It was actually the fourth episode.) The series debut, "Hair Today, Art Tomorrow: From Mess to Masterpiece," included with Thom's Home, focuses on a New York artist who wants to make a good impression at his first gallery opening. (In both cases, the two hours of material could have easily fit on one disc.)
Overall, The Fab Five Collection is an enjoyable look back at the first season of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Like the show, its packed with witty comments and useful tips. Now Bravo just needs to bring the entire series to disc--with commentary from every Fabulous member of the Five. --Kathleen C. Fennessy
- Includes Carson's Style, Kyan & Jai's Looking Good, Thom's Home, Ted's Food and Wine
- Bonus DVDs: Carson's Outtakes, Thom's Funny Outtakes
- Bonus music CDs: Deep Collective, Lounge Essentials
Top Customer Reviews
- "The Best of Carson's Style." Includes second disc of Carson-related outtakes (which in my opinion may be worth the price of this entire set alone, lol) and one full-length episode of Queer Eye as a bonus feature. It's the one titled, "He's a Little Bit Country, She's a Little bit Overwhelmed," with that really cute urban cowboy guy who's planning to propose to his girlfriend.
- "The Best of Thom's Home." Includes a second disc of Thom outtakes as well as the very first episode of Queer Eye ever aired as a bonus feature. Thom initially took a while to grow on me, but he can be pretty darn witty when he wants to.
- "The Best of Ted's Food and Wine." Includes a bonus audio CD of "Lounge Essentials" which contains an intriguing selection of breezy tracks with relaxing jazz and island elements. Cocktails, anyone?
- "The Best of Kyan and Jai's Looking Good." Includes another audio CD called "Deep Collective" which, even as someone who typically loves dance/club music, I found to be a bit uninspiring and probably best suited for background noise.Read more ›
The collection contains all of the verve, style and 5 sets of discerning queer eyes. I watched this show religiously when it aired and recently found it back on Esquire channel - albeit at the crack of dawn. I'll take the Fab 5 with my morning coffee over the dreary news any day.
The rest of the 6 designer dvd's provide outtakes, loads of quips, lots of magic performed on needy straight guys as well as "quality time" with the 5 guys this straight woman would be happy to be stranded with on a desert island.
Had I bought this set assuming it was lots of complete episodes, like many of the reviewers, I would have been let down too. But, since I knew what I was getting, I LOVED this set. It is a great representation of the personalities, the talent, the style and the heart of the Fab 5!
The rest of the discs are either not DVDs or are just crazy cracked out clips that only a die hard fan could enjoy. I was constantly wondering what was the setup to the 10-20 second clip, or wishing to see more... just as it flipped to another one. It is actually very tiring to try and watch. Almost like Blair Witch meets Bravo. A decent show, but so shaken and tossed at you that it's hard to know where to look.
Like I said, a die hard fan will be "hey I remember that" over and over. Anyone else will be lost.
Now... it is not the shows fault. It is Bravo's. Bravo should really release these full seasons on DVD and they could finally make up for this mistake.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pass this up. Not what I thought is was. The price was good and yes too good to be true.Published 6 months ago by michiganjim48310
The one full episode on one of the DVD's is great. The rest of the collection is fast-paced cuts from one quick clip to another, with music blaring the entire time. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Priscilla
So great to see the Fab Five again.....and a very good deal...Published 15 months ago by Melissa Lounsbury
So hilarious!!!!! These men can teach you new things and make you laugh your pants off.Published 21 months ago by booklady101
Each CD has snippets from an episode, but none has the entire episode. A bit disappointing, but worth the price I paid for it.Published on October 22, 2014 by Suretta Williams
I love these guys and the shows are awesome. Not sure about the cds included??? Would buy more if entire episodes were available.Published on February 14, 2014 by Ksp
Love Carson the most. He is fall out of my chair funny. I love how they covet all the bases and give great insight and suggestions.Published on January 7, 2014 by Sporty