Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo

on April 10, 2018
Came in the condition it said it would come in (like brand new), and the music is great!
For any Tarantino fan, I do recommend this (though I do wish the audio clip of Kurt Russell saying "The woods are lovely, dark and deep..." was on here.)
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2008
I must admit before purchasing the soundtrack, I tried to hunt down a way to download two or three songs from the C.D., but true to Quentin Tarrantino, you have to take the whole package. (Even though his tenacity hasn't prevented 'Kill Bill' from being divided into two volumes, and the double feature 'Grindhouse' project has been split in two with 'Death Proof' and 'Planet Terror' respectively. For me it's a good thing for the latter development that I didn't have to buy the score of 'Planet Terror,' too.)

Anyway, I digress. We're here to share the merits of the soundtrack, so lets get back on track and not dilly-dally around like in the movie! The two most coveted tracks cover the movie's two climaxes. So top honors go to the big and bouncy "Hold Tight," with its especially dizzying crescendo. (Can't you still picture those pretty girls smiling and nodding their heads to the music in my favorite scene before it all turned ugly?) Then, there's the infectious and delightfully irritating "Chick Habit" by April March. (Now who was the agent who thought of that name?)

Don't expect the rest of the C.D. to be as exhiliarating. Yet, T. Rex's "Jeepster" and Willie DeVille's rollickin' roadhouse blues number "It's So Easy" come remarkably close.

Most of the rest consists of good, slow, and obscure blues (including "Stagolee," The Coasters' "Down in Mexico," and Eddie Floyd's "Good Love, Bad Love") It's also nice to have a late sixties version of Burt Bacharach's "Baby It's You". As far as instrumentals go, "Riot in Thunder Alley" is decent, as is the opener "The Last Race," which adds tension to the proceedings. For variety, the ride slows down for a while on the truly beautiful piano instrumental "Sally and Jack". While not a personal favorite, many understandably revere Joe Tex's "The Love You Save (May Be Your Own)".

There's a little filler in between, and not all of it mixes well sequentially, but there's some essential stuff here, folks. As with many soundtracks, some tidbits of conversation are thrown in. This is meant to elicit fond memories of the movie. While I'm not as sentimental about the film as most people, the selection "Whatever-However" does demonstrate the most memorable dialogue for me. (Oddly, these are the only places that merit the "Parental Advisory" label.)

Pulling out rarities, Quentin Tarrantino has provided some living proof by resurrecting some fine music for a solid soundtrack.
14 people found this helpful
|1313 comments|Report abuse
on September 18, 2017
oh Tarantino, if only you kept making modern movies so we could enjoy your soundtracks
on June 16, 2016
Not my favorite Tarantino soundtrack but still very fitting for the source material.
on December 31, 2007
What I love about Quentin Tarantino is that he has kickin' soundtracks. The songs flow very well and I like the fact that they aren't all top 40 from the 60s or 70s which gives it an indie feel. I am so tired of the "American Idol" plastic music that is being pumped out these days. It's refreshing to hear something original and creative, even if we have to reach into the past to find it.
on May 20, 2016
Great soundtrack, some surface noise. This is on black vinyl. Nice insert included.
on March 23, 2018
Excellent. Love it.
on February 20, 2016
Some really good songs. Me fav is Down in Mexico & would've never guessed The Coasters did it.
on November 25, 2007
I gave this 5 stars based on the music selection which is awesome. But, I do have one complaint which is that the spoken word clips from the movie were poorly chosen. There were so many better "scenes" to include the audio of... but the music more than makes up for that and I just skip 'em. I listen to Stagger Lee every chance I get.
One person found this helpful
on May 16, 2014
The music is pretty cool, the only thing i could have done without is the clips from the movie being apart of the album. QT always does a great job picking music for his movies.