Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 13, 2017
My husband and I often meal prep, but we have been particularly busy lately. My mom recommended this book. The recipes are phenomenal! The same handful of ingredients are used for everything, which makes the grocery list simple. The recipes are all 2-3 steps and are quick and easy to prepare. So far I have loved everything we have made, which is saying something because hubby usually isn't a good cook and struggles with recipe instructions. The only thing to watch out for is serving size; not all recipes are family size (or leftover portions). As long as you look at that first, this book is a 5/5.
on December 7, 2017
great book
on April 13, 2011
First I would like to thank those who left feedback about this book! This book is AMAZING. I anticipate making at least one dish per week. The recipes are concise and e-z to follow. Once you get your ingredients together - the rest is gravy (couldn't resist).

I picked up most of the ingredients from Whole Foods but I am lucky enough to live near some Asian markets so I don't anticipate having trouble finding what you need but I did use bottled lime leaves and lemongrass - so don't think that you can't make these dishes if you don't have access to fresh ingredients.

And here's this - even if you don't make anything right away - you can simply enjoy all the beautiful colors and the overall design of the book while you dream about all the things you can make. But once you make something - you'll be hooked.

Buying this book is a win-win. Honestly this book makes me feel like an experienced chef.
on December 26, 2010
If you enjoy Thai food and would like to learn the cooking techniques that make Thai what it is this is a great starter book. All recipes are clearly explained and the accompanying pictures of the ingredients and the finished product make it easy. While the recipes are not extensive there are enough to please most people. Even if you don't venture to other books or recipes there is enough in this book to make most people happy. If nothing else you will be a more knowledgeable diner when you venture out.
on May 4, 2011
I've bought David Thompson's books on Thai Cooking. For me they are intimidating and do not make it approachable. Thai Cuisine distills Thai cooking to its most elemental. The tastes are true and authentic. One of the people I work with is of Thai descent (her Mom)and she told me that this was a book she knew and used. I have used it too along with ready made curry pastes that I also bought on Amazon. Don't be afraid, jump in!
on December 8, 2013
Great book f/those who are learning to cook Thai. Pictures are very helpful to actually see what the dish should look like. I was lucky to find this book. Really like it.
on February 19, 2015
The recipes are easy and the pictures help a lot.
on January 1, 2015
One of the best books of it's kind I've read!!!
on February 9, 2014
this is a great book to have in you library of japanese cookbooks. i love to cook. great recipes in this book!
on December 9, 2015
Great cookbook and great seller!