- Use promo code GIFTBOOK18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Enter code GIFTBOOK18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Quick Guide II - How to Spot, Mimic and Become a Top Salesperson: for new or seasoned sales professionals, managers and CEOs (Quick Guides to Business) (Volume 2) Paperback – May 6, 2013
Special offers and product promotions
From the Author
I chatted to two advisers about a business book that "I have inside me". I had original research and experience inside my head. I had data. It delves into people's effectiveness at strategic and personal levels. I'd developed simple but powerful business frameworks and a scorecard that take people's feelings, motivations and fears into account.
They reveal what happens below the surface of successful business relationships at their outset - and what needs to happen for those relationships to thrive. I had a lot to tell but would the busy-business people, it's aimed at, read it? So I tested my ideas and scope for 'the book' with two wise confidants.
The first simply said, "At last, I've been waiting for you to write 'your business book'. When are you going to write it? I want a copy!". The second: "People want 'quick guides' these days. They want 'manageable chunks' of wisdom, practical tools and 'cheat sheets'. Something you can read in minutes and do something with straight away."
Subsequently, I gave a series of briefings to business audiences and post-graduates. The talks were very highly received. The University of London asked me back to talk to a wider range of postgraduates in business-related studies. I am due to go back again.
March 2013: I set about writing a series of 'Quick Guides'. Each would have about 10-15 (A4 size) pages of findings, tips, self-help tools and insights into specific topics.
The majority of my work focuses on what top performers do differently from 'moderates'. I've started in sales and sales management, an area in which I've coached hundreds of individuals/teams and conducted research - across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
The first two guides reveal 'the what, how and why' top salespeople outsell 'moderates'. They sequence activities differently. They come across differently. They attune their approach to the most senior of clients resonantly; 'moderates' do not.
My next and third 'quick guide' will reveal what needs to happen for business relationships to thrive over the long term.
From the Inside Flap
This 17-page article (A4 size, excluding appendices) bears from my research, consulting, direct selling and coaching within global corporations over a twenty year period....
Within you will discover how and why top salespeople succeed through:
- Effectiveness = motivation x confidence x competence x curiosity (or E=MC3)
- Migrating from selling at D-Level (middle management) to C-Level (senior management) involves a journey, from a tangible and known environment to one of uncertainty and the unknown
- Engaging a customer effectively and willingly, to co-explore uncertainty and the unknown, requires a salesperson to demonstrate 7 key traits, characteristics and competencies
- Top salespeople demonstrate that:
- The aforementioned 7 key traits are what really differentiate top performers from 'moderates', more so than behaviours in that they predict whether the salesperson will be successful selling directly to C-level clients.
- You can spot a top-performer or high-potential individual by noticing how much they demonstrate these 7 key traits.
- These key traits are nurtured not 'trained in the classroom'; the nurturing process can be accelerated by equipping yourself with 'non-expert' coaching tools, such as in Appendix 2 - Prepare to Be at your Peak in Every Meeting.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|