Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on September 26, 2007
Intuit products, such as Quickbooks, have excellent pull-down Help, among the best written in the software industry. Information is well indexed and clearly written with step-by-step instructions. Quickbooks also has an excellent set of video tutorials, which take about 90 minutes if you view all of them (which I recommend).

But what the Help and the video tutorials can't really do is give you advice on how to use the accounting system works in practice. How do the individual parts fit into the big picture and what are your choices, depending upon your business, for handling things like Vendor Bills, Customer Sales Receipts, petty cash, etc.? Why would you want to choose one method over another?

This is where this book comes in. Ivens answers the very practical questions that everyone has starting out. For example, should I log deposits against customer sales, or should I treat deposits as a lump sum? Why would I want choose one method over the other? This book answers this, and many other practical questions, clearly, with step-by-step instructions for each method and the rationale behind it.

I would highly recommend this book to supplement the pull-down Help and the video tutorials to answer the many practical decision that you will have to make about how to set up your system so that it will work best for you.
on September 10, 2017
The book is great for helping a person understand how to use Quickbooks 2007 but not worth the paper it is written on for my specific request. I searched for a book that would explain how to setup a non-profit business in QB 2007. What the book told me was it can't be done. Although that information is helpful if the book had not shown up in the search results I would not have bought the book.
on April 30, 2010
If I were first setting up Qkbks, this manual would be great. But I'm not and I hate it. I'm trying to learn the program while its already in progress and the index in this book is wrong wrong wrong. Many times, I go to the index to locate the information I need, only to flip to the page & it NOT be what I was looking for. For example, I want to know about posting payments to vendors so I go to 'vendors' in the index; it sends me to 'payments'; I look under 'payments to vendors'; go to the page and its all about customer payments. This is the case for 75% of everything I look up. IF its in the index at all. And since I'm not setting up the program from start to finish, this book is more of a hassel to me than a help. To get my $$ worth, I will have to read the entire book and make my own tabs to use in place of the index. What a joke. I have never been so disappointed in a manual.

Maybe this book is filled with useful information but without a proper map, I CAN'T FIND IT!
on November 14, 2007
I bought this book to brush up on my QuickBooks skills in the hope to enhance my resume. The book is easy to understand and begins you with starting your business on QuickBooks and walks you through every step you need to get everything on the books and squared away. I can see where there might be some problems if you begin a job that has QuickBooks and you are required to learn it, but I think with some patience and this book anyone with a brain would be able to pick up on it quick.
on August 1, 2017
Thank you amazon. makes my life easier
on September 14, 2015
Nice easy to read book
on October 22, 2015
Good
on December 25, 2012
This book meets my needs as reference and explains how to do things I was not sure of. This book give examples on how to do things I needed to know or was told about in a class
on September 15, 2014