- Series: Quicken: The Official Guide
- Paperback: 450 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 2 edition (July 27, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0072261625
- ISBN-13: 978-0072261622
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,023,505 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Quicken 2006: Official Guide (Quicken: The Official Guide) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
From the Back Cover
Manage Your Finances with the Only Official Guide to the World’s #1 Personal Finance Software!
Get help reaching your financial goals! Quicken® 2006: The Official Guide offers the time- and money-saving techniques you need to organize and manage your personal finances, use online tools for everything from paying your bills to tracking your investments, and master Quicken’s efficient automated features. Reviewed and endorsed by Intuit, makers of Quicken, this official guide provides full coverage of the features that make Quicken the top-selling personal finance software. Manage your money and investments—including spending, savings, budgets, banking, and more. Discover financial tools, information and online resources to assist in all your financial decisions. The chapters closely follow the software to help you find information quickly and easily.
Inside, you’ll find out how to:
- Track income and expenses to see where your money comes from and where it goes
- Reconcile checking, savings, and credit card accounts
- Schedule payments, payroll deposits, and other regular transactions
- Use online tools for automating data entry and tracking your investment portfolio
- Manage property, loans, and investment accounts
- Master Quicken’s new reporting features to create custom reports and graphs
- Build accurate budgets and utilize savings tools to help you save money
- Simplify document filing by attaching check images and statements to transactions and accounts
- Learn time-saving techniques for doing your taxes
- Get valuable resources and advice from Quicken.com
Maria Langer is a freelance writer, pilot, and long-time Quicken user. A former financial analyst with a degree in accounting, she is the best-selling author of Quicken 2005: The Official Guide and other books.
About the Author
Maria Langer (Wickenberg, Arizona) is a freelance writer, computer consultant and trainer, and the Owner/President of Giles Road Press. She divides her time between writing computer books--19 so far including Quicken 99: The Official Guide, articles, and software documentation; developing training material; teaching software applications and hardware troubleshooting; and designing and creating World Wide Web pages for clients.
Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In conclusion I would recommend this book, it's very comprehensive and well written.
Do we really need 500 pages? Does anyone want to spend that much time studying Quicken? Yes, you can find information on every single Quicken feature, but my complaint here is the author's sheer verbosity.
If the author was concise and she organized the material more effectively, we could all save some time. I appreciate her exhaustive effort, but this is a technical manual, not summer reading.
There are numerous plugs for other Quicken products in the text. No thanks, please spare me the time. Chapters are spent selling the reader other premium Quicken services as if they're necessary, when they're not. Instructions on using the premium services are sprinkled in everywhere in the book. It seems to me they try to slip these things in there to make them appear necessary. It also makes it that much harder to find what you need.
Maybe the program will grow on me, but right now I have a negative opinion of this software, largely because of my introduction to it through this book. Yes, the book tells you all you need, but it takes too long.