Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Quicken 2009 For Dummies
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 27, 2009
This book is a good book if you are just starting into Quicken and have absolutely no idea what to do. It does not provide any real information beyond the basics.
on September 4, 2009
This book gives you a easy to read reference book to setup and use Quicken 2009. Even though the software has a great, intuitive help, this book gives a lot of other approaches you will fine to very helpful in planning how you will use Quicken 2009. It is a book you should have for reference.

Joseph
on May 12, 2009
I bought this after switching from Quicken for Mac to Quicken 2009 for Windows. As a very disgruntled Intuit customer, the last thing I wanted to do was drop another $40 (from my local Borders) into Intuit's pocket for the "official" guide.

Unfortunately, this book barely covers the basics. Examples of major deficiencies include:

No detailed instructions on check printing alignment
No appendix listing keyboard shortcuts

I'm a fan of the Dummy series, but this one isn't for dummies, it's for beginners.
on June 9, 2009
I called, frustrated, to Quicken asking for classes in my area. I indicated I am low tech and with NO time. A class would, I felt, get me up and running more quickly. Response: none available. Was given multi web sites to check. I ordered For Dummies instead. I'm up!
on June 3, 2011
I've been using Quicken 2009 for sometime so I developed a number of questions. Wish I had this book when I began using it in 2009. I borrowed it from the library originally, but there was so much useful info, I decided to purchase it. Great resource. Much easier to read and reference while working in Quicken then the online help.
on July 6, 2010
Obviously, Quicken 2009 does a lot more than I ever suspected.
Needed some kind of a guide and this was it.
Let me do what I wanted, and more.
Enjoy the software. And the book.
on February 16, 2010
The book is great. However, the program that it helps is not great for my purposes.
on July 8, 2009
I usually find the Dummie's books very informative, so I am giving this a three, because in general I like the Dummies books.
I need to add that I have a two year business degree that included three accounting courses, but have not really done anything accounting based for several years, because my wife is a CPA, and handles most of our finances.
After a week of browsing Quicken2009 for Dummies. I decided to let my wife keep doing the finances.
It wasn't a useless expenditure. She occasionally refers to it.
on January 31, 2009
Found the info I was looking for. The dummies book they are easy and to use.