Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Quicken 2013 For Dummies
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$13.00

on February 6, 2013
Quicken 2013 For DummiesI read the previously posted reviews before purchasing the book. If you are an experienced Quicken user then this book is not for you. However, I found it quite helpful in simplifying several tasks and providing a quick reference point for seeking answers to problems I encountered and saving me some frustration in trying to learn how to use Quicken as quickly as possible.
on May 4, 2013
This is a wordy, repetitive and confusing book written for those needing step-by-step directions for the most basic features of Quicken, and provides no advantage over learning by trial and error using Quicken Help and Google. Save your money and buy a cheap manual home bookkeeping system. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is that it's not totally useless.

Quicken has a wealth of features that really make it a wonderful tool. This book mostly ignores those features. For example, even though the author acknowledges that printing checks with Quicken is expensive and unnecessary, he discusses check printing at length, including the pros and cons of remittance copies (the long part of the check that describes what the check is paying, like "Utilities"), but practically ignores electronic banking. Most financial institutions (including credit cards, mortgage lenders, stock brokers, etc.) provide automatic transaction downloads into Quicken. Most Banks provide FREE electronic bill scheduling and payment services which coordinate with Quicken. The Author's coverage of this neat capability - contact your bank.

Another example: Let's say you have a home network (NAS) or cloud storage and want to store your data on a remote device. Good luck finding the chapter on that!

Every "advanced" feature in Quicken is ignored or glossed over. If you expected any help for either the Business or Rental versions, forget it. This book is like the annual park department brochure on services - same content every year with only minor changes for park hours and pet waste disposal. Where did that water slide come from?

I had hoped for a much better book, and am very disappointed. Unless you are new to Quicken and need an over-priced primer, save your money.
on May 6, 2013
Well written and easy to understand. Makes muddy water clear as spring waters. Takes the mysteries out of Quicken,therefore making it a easy to use. One of the best written instruction books ever, even with the Strange title.

Sincerely

EV Calvert
SW, Missouri
on July 2, 2013
I purchased Qicken 2013 since I have the Deluxe version and the documentation that comes with the software is Minimul! The book helped me set up my different tabs and sub-cataglories since Quicken 2013 has changes from 2012.

The delivery of the book was fast and the packing was done well.
The only problem I had is with billing. I ordered one book and there was no packing documents shipped with the package. However, checking my credit card statement, Amazon has billed me for two Quicken 2013 books which I am still protesting through my cred card company!

I am a a long time frequent customer of Amazon and this is the first problem I have encountered with over-billing.
on February 22, 2013
Too cutesy. Wound up hiring a professional who set me up with a spreadsheet instead. I wanted some extra help with Quicken so I could get through my taxes, but this book was more about budgeting. If my business had been rental properties, it might have been more relevant to me, but it didn't address questions I had concerning my new home business.
on November 19, 2013
I'm sure it's a wonderful addition for newbies but I had used Quicken for many years before and just needed some help with a procedure in the latest edition. Didn't get it from the book but little problem working it out. So maybe five stars for Quicken? Also five stars for a complete newbie.
on March 15, 2013
Good quick refferance, but not an indepth resource. Since the product doesn't come with a manual, I was hoping for a more complete refference. Reasonable price.
on December 25, 2013
It's an easy read that has just the right amount of humor and more importantly, the information you need to actually be able to use this program.
It was delivered in a professional manner. It was just as described and received very quickly.
on February 4, 2015
As a fan of the Dummies series, I was a little disappointed in this.. Basic functions are too basic; not enough more advanced functions and problem-solving; too much personal financial planning. Maybe it was just not a good match with my needs.
on August 18, 2013
I am a new Quicken user and needed all the help I could get. Multiple accounts, multiple catagories, I had no idea how to start. Dummies had all the answers in bit size understand steps. It gives a wonderful overview for those of is who are not accountants, or software intuitive.