Quicken Premier 2017 Personal Finance & Budgeting Software [Download]
|You Save:||$54.96 (50%)|
- Imports all your bank transactions safely and automatically, including those from loan, investment & retirement accounts. No need to jot it all down or save receipts
- Categorizes all your transactions and puts them in one place. Know how much you’re spending without jumping from website to website to add it all up
- Puts your money to work. Creates a plan to pay off your debt or save for college or down payment
- Power to help optimize your portfolio. Analyzes your portfolio by asset allocations, geographies, sectors & more. Shows your risk & return and investment performance over time relative to the market.
- Minimizes taxes on your investments. Helps you get maximum tax benefits and prepares easy reports for tax time
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
What’s New for Quicken Premier 2017?
- Get more power on the go with our improved mobile app, now with investment tracking, offline use and enhanced search*
- Always know the value of your home with automatic updates*
- Enjoy a new look that's easier to use and navigate
Import all your bank transactions safely and automatically
- No need to jot it all down or save receipts*
- Includes transactions from all your different financial institutions
Maximize your investments
- See your portfolio’s performance by asset allocations, geographies, sectors, and more
- Evaluate your risk/return and investment performance against the market to help you make informed buy/sell decisions*
- Find mutual funds that best fit your goals*
Helps minimize taxes on your investments
- Make sure you get the maximum tax benefits with prepared reports at tax time
- Track cost basis and estimate capital gains
Manage your money whenever, wherever with our mobile app.
- Our mobile app is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android*
- Check your budget, account balances, and investments
|Quicken Deluxe 2017||Quicken Premier 2017||Quicken Home & Business 2017|
|Shows you bank, credit card, loan, investment & retirement accounts all in one place*||✓||✓||✓|
|Securely imports your bank transactions until April 2020*||✓||✓||✓|
|Categorizes expenses so you can see where your money goes||✓||✓||✓|
|Guides you through creating a custom budget||✓||✓||✓|
|Syncs with Quicken mobile companion app for iPhone, iPad & Android*||✓||✓||✓|
|Creates a custom plan to reduce debt and save for college, a house or a big purchase||✓||✓||✓|
|Portfolio X-Ray analyzes all your holdings to improve your portfolio*||✓||✓|
|Makes tax time easier by tracking deductions & creating tax reports||✓||✓|
|Categorize your personal & business expenses in one place||✓|
|Shows your business profit/loss & identifies tax-deductible expenses||✓|
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Operating System: Works with Windows Vista SP1 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32- and 64-bit)
- Memory: 1 GB or higher
- Hard Disk Space: Up to 450 MB (up to 1.5 if .NET not installed)
- Monitor: 1024 x 768 or higher, 1280 x1024 for large fonts
- CD/DVD Drive: Yes
- Internet Connection: 56 Kbps modem (Broadband recommended for online services)
- Sound: Sound card & speakers recommended
- Printer: Any printer supported by Windows Vista 7/8/8.1/10
- Quicken Windows Starter Edition imports data from prior versions of Starter Edition only.
- Quicken Windows 2017 imports data from Quicken Windows 2010 or newer, Microsoft Money 2008 and 2009 (for Deluxe and higher).
Mobile System Requirements
- Quicken mobile app compatible with: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phones and tablets. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in Quicken app. Visit www.quicken.com/go/apps for details.
*Footnotes and Disclaimers
- Standard message and data rates may apply for sync, e-mail and text alerts. Visit www.quicken.com/go/apps for details. Quicken app (“App”) is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phones and tablets. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in the App. The App is a companion app and will work only with Quicken 2014 and above desktop products. Earlier versions of the App prior to Quicken 2014 will not work with Quicken 2015 through 2017 desktop products.
- Zestimate home value provided by Zillow [link to http://www.zillow.com/corp/Terms.htm]
- Credit score report and monitoring alerts (Quicken for Windows) and data download from participating financial institutions or other parties are available until April 2020; customer phone support, online features and services vary, require Internet access and/or may be subject to change, application approval, fees, additional terms and conditions. 15,000+ participating financial institutions as of 10/1/2016.
|PC Minimum System Requirements:||PC Recommended System Requirements:|
Platform: PC Download | Edition: Premier
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Quicken 2017 is the first release under Quicken’s new owners, a private equity firm. The upgrade installation process was relatively fast compared to what I’ve experienced in prior versions and there was no data file backup and conversion step. Quicken 2017 appears to use the same data file as Quicken 2016. The most noticeable difference is the user interface, which has a modern streamlined look. I didn’t care for the garish pastel colors applied to the graphs in my existing views. I observed significant improvements in performance, such as when launching Quicken, opening data files, scrolling account register windows, switching between accounts, and downloading transactions. For these improvements alone, I would upgrade.
After using it for a few days, the initial release (R2) appears to be stable, though some of the bugs I had in Quicken 2016 still exist in Quicken 2017. Such as Quicken hanging (becoming non responsive) when quitting the application or switching between accounts after downloading transactions. This requires ending the Quicken task using the Task Manager but no data loss. I saw some new bugs which are being reported by other users. As a long-time Quicken user (and early adopter of a new release) you just expect to deal with bugs and rely on support from the Quicken community, which is very active and helpful. Earlier this year Quicken updated its community platform host which provides better interaction.
1/28/2017 UPDATE: Been using Quicken 2017 for over 3 months which is now at R4. Due to the recent updates, stability appears to have greatly improved. I haven't had Quicken become non responsive which required ending the Quicken task for quite some time. R3 created havoc with my User Interface but was able to get it looking acceptable with help from the Community. I am pleased with the improvements and direction the product is taking under the new ownership.
I upgrade every two years rather than every three when I HAVE to. That way, I still have a fallback to my current usable version and gives time for Quicken to work the bugs out of the new release. Why do that? Look at what's happened with Quicken 2016: the Quicken 2013 users HAD to upgrade, but when they upgraded to 2016 they encountered some inevitable disastrous bug that prevented them from using 2016. But, downloads had expired for their Quicken 2013, so they were stuck.
So, I was running Premier 2015 and it was time to upgrade to Premier 2017. I normally don’t touch a new Quicken release for several months and several mondo patches because there have always been disastrous bugs. But I saw the positive, early reviews here and took an early plunge. I held my breath….
I ran 2017 on a laptop in parallel to 2015 on my main desktop machine. I've found that if I can get through at least 2 weeks and a month's end cycle doing the things I regularly do, the new version is "good enough" to rely on.
The good news: I had NO difficulties with the upgrade. Quicken 2017 migrated all my accounts just fine, migrated all of my settings. I only had to tweak a few of the new main screen and new register view options to make it look visually like my 2015 install. It migrated my reports, views and toolbar settings. No fussing needed.
The new UI: I’ve been running Windows 10 since its initial release and I like this new Quicken UI. It meshes nicely with other Windows 10-style desktop apps and feels more responsive. I would like to see Quicken add more color options or, even better, have an option to use a dominant color from your wallpaper just like Windows 10 does.
Quicken 2017 feels like a well-honed tool rather than past releases where it constantly annoyed you and you just had to live with all the bugs. If this is what the new Quicken Inc. has in store for us long-time users, I’m very much encouraged.
BTW - anyone who knows anything about "Big Data" knows there is no such thing as "non-identifiable" data aggregation, meaning that the idea that your identity is "protected" is absurd.
BTW II - how long will it be before Quicken is hacked and all that data about you is compromised?
You could maybe (well, not really) justify this spying for a free app, but from a premium priced product? UNETHICAL. And no, everyone else doing it does not justify it.
This is from just the EULA. Wait until you read the privacy statement. -
"Quicken may use...your data"
"Quicken may use your...non-identifiable, aggregated data"
"Quicken may monitor your Content"
"We may disclose any information"
"You agree that we may use information obtained about you"
"You grant Quicken permission to use information about you or your business"
"You also grant Quicken permission to share or publish summary results and to distribute or license such data to third parties"
"You expressly appoint Quicken as your attorney-in-fact and agent with limited power of attorney"