Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Quicken Starter Edition 2013 [OLD VERSION]
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Organizes all your accounts in one place
- Shows you where your money is going
- Alerts and reminders help you stay on top of bills and spending
- Projects income and expenses so you know how much you have to spend
- Guides you through creating a budget & tracks your progress against it
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Quicken Starter Edition – Simple Money Management. Step-by step guidance to help you stay on top of today’s expenses while preparing for tomorrow’s.
From the Manufacturer
Quicken Starter Edition 2013
Step-by step guidance to help you stay on top of today’s expenses while preparing for tomorrow’s. Organizes your bank and credit card accounts in one place. Shows you where your money’s going. Projects income and expenses so you know how much you have to spend. Guides you through creating a budget & tracks your progress against it. Alerts and reminders help you stay on top of bills and spending. The new mobile and tablet apps help you make smart decisions on the go.
- Shows your bank and credit card accounts in one place. There’s no need to go to multiple websites and statements or to do your own math
- Automatically puts your spending into categories like “Auto” and “Utilities,” so you know where your money is going
- New: Make smart decisions on the go with the mobile and tablet apps1
Organize your bank and credit card accounts in one place2
Now you can see your bank and credit card accounts in one place with just ONE password and avoid the hassle of going to multiple websites. Quicken automatically downloads your income and expenses from your bank and credit card accounts, so you don't have to enter transactions manually.
See exactly where your money's going
Quicken automatically categorizes expenses like groceries, entertainment, and more, so you don't have to edit them manually.
Easily manage your day-to-day cash flow
Our cash flow graph takes into account upcoming paychecks and bills, and checks that haven’t cleared. So you get the true, clear picture of what you really have to spend or save today.
Updated for 2013:
- New mobile app
- Email and text alerts
- More flexible budgeting
- And more
FREE mobile app1
Easily manage your money on the go. Check account balances, track your budget, enter transactions, even receive timely updates and alerts, all from wherever you happen to be. With Quicken 2013 and the Quicken mobile app, your information is synced between your computer, tablet, and smartphone.
Get email and text alerts2
Get automatic updates on the latest changes (for example, going over your budget) or suspicious activity in your accounts (large deposits, unusual transactions, and more). Plus, receive weekly summaries to get a quick snapshot of the latest changes to spending, account balances and budgets over the past week.
More flexible budgeting
We’ve improved Quicken budgeting based on suggestions from customers like you. The new full-year view makes it easy to plan for monthly differences in budgets, so you stay on track for the year. Net amounts quickly show whether you are spending more or less than you make in a month. And rollovers are back — letting you apply leftover amounts to the following month.
- Processor: 1 GHz
- Operating System: Windows XP SP2+, Vista, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 8 (inc 64-bit)
- Memory: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: Up to 450 MB free space; up to 1 GB if .NET not installed
- Display: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- CD-ROM Drive: Required
- Internet: 56 Kbps (broadband recommended for online services)
- Printer: Any printer compatible with Windows XP SP2 or later
- Additional Software: Microsoft .NET 2.0 or later (included in Quicken installer), Windows Installer 3.1 (included in Quicken installer), Internet Explorer 6.0 or later (included in Quicken installer)
1. Quicken app compatible with Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phones and tablets and is sold separately. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in Quicken app. Visit Quicken.com/go/apps for details.
2. Online features require Internet access and are subject to change. Services vary among participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions and fees. More than 14,500 participating financial institutions as of 10/1/2012.
Top customer reviews
I got as far as the install screen. There I was informed that this version of Quicken would:
1. Wipe out my existing version of Quicken installed on my PC; and
2. Not be able to read any of my existing datafiles.
In short, total loss of banking services until I dug up the old install disks and reloaded. There was no warning of this on the box or the product page.
You must be kidding. I've long since learned to tolerate Intuit's forced obsolescence policy, whereby data formats "expire" every couple years, but this is a new low. With the possible exception of my address book, my financial database is the most valuable of my personal data, and I don't react kindly to Intuit playing games with my ability to access it.
I removed the CD from my drive, carefully packed it back into the original product box, and dropped the whole thing into the trash.
On the positive side, this version of Quicken was 100% compatible with my office garbage can.
When setting up this software I was supposed to connect to my bank and credit card web sites. That did not go smoothly. It kept saying that the website of the bank was down, even though I was able to connect to it. It syncronized when I manually selected each account. I am getting pop-up ads to upgrade to the deluxe edition. I thought that when you paid for software you were not supposed to get the same kinds of popups that you get from shareware or LE versions.
After looking at this, I wish that my 20 year old software was available for 64 bit OSes, because it is still more user friendly that Quicken.
I don't recommend this software.