Quicken Starter Edition 2014 [Old Version]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Organizes all your accounts in one place to show you where your money is going
- Alerts and reminders help you stay on top of bills and spending
- Projects income and expenses so you know how much you have to spend
- Guides you through creating a budget & tracks your progress against it
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Quicken Starter Edition 2014 [Old Version]
From the Manufacturer
Intuit Quicken Starter 2014
- See your bank and credit card accounts in one place1
- Categorizes expenses so you see where you’re spending
- Automatically creates a budget you can stick to
- Stay on top of spending with alerts & reminders
- Mobile and tablet apps help you make smart decisions on the go2
- Snap & store receipts to keep track of big purchases
New to Quicken?
Easy to Set Up, Learn and Use
- Step-by-step guidance helps you get up and running fast
- Enjoy free set-up support and get tips from the Quicken Community3
- 60 day money-back guarantee4
Organizes All Your Accounts in One Place1 and Know Exactly Where You Are Spending
- Connects directly to your checking, savings, credit card, loan, investments, and retirement accounts bringing balances and transactions into one place
- Know where you're spending, and where you can save
- Automatically tracks and categorizes your expenses like groceries, entertainment, and more, so you don't have to edit them manually
Understand How Much You Can Spend or Save Today
- Takes into account payments that need to be made before your next paycheck
- Shows you upcoming paychecks, bills, and checks that haven’t cleared
Track Against a Realistic Budget
- Makes budgeting (and staying on budget) painless
- Automatically sets up budget goals based on what you've spent in the past
- Customize your plan, and we'll track your progress
Make Smart Money Decisions While You Are on the Go2
- Check account balances, track your budget, and receive timely updates and alerts
- Your information is synced between your computer, tablet, and smartphone
What’s New for Quicken Starter Edition 2014:
- Snap & store receipts to keep track of important purchases. Reduce paper clutter. Store warranties, track deductions, charitable donations and other things you want to record. Just capture the receipt (and even images!) through the Quicken 2014 mobile app and it will attach to the specific transaction. Easy!
- Mobile syncing faster than ever. Sync your information across devices in seconds
- Add and view bill reminders directly from your register to easily track upcoming bills and projected balances
- Processor: 1 Ghz Or Higher
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or Higher, Vista SP1, Windows 7/8 (32- And 64-Bit)
- Memory: 1 GB or Higher
- Hard Disk Space: Up to 450 MB, up to 1.5 GB if .Net Not Installed
- Display: 1024x768 or Higher, 1280x1024 for Large Fonts
- CD/DVD Drive
- Internet: 56kbps Modem or Better (Broadband Recommended for Online Services)
- Sound: Sound Card and Speakers Recommended
- Printer: Any Printer Supported by Windows XP SP3+/Vista/7/8
- Additional Software: Microsoft .Net 4.0 or Later (Included In Quicken Installer)
- Quicken Windows Starter Edition imports data from prior versions of Starter Edition only
- Quicken Windows 2014 imports data from previous versions of Quicken Windows, Microsoft Money 2008 and 2009 (For Deluxe and higher)
Mobile System Requirements
- Quicken 2014 app compatible with: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad requires iOS 5 or higher; optimized for iPhone 5. Android mobile and tablet requires 2.2 or higher. Windows Phone and Blackberry, not compatible at this time. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in Quicken app. Visit Quicken.com/apps for details.
Which Quicken Product is Right for You?
|Simplify and Organize Your Money|
|Shows your bank and credit card accounts together1||x||x|
|Securely imports your bank transactions until 20171||x||x|
|Categorizes expenses so you can see where your money goes||x||x|
|Projects income and expenses so you know what you have to spend||x||x|
|Reminders help you stay on top of bills||x||x|
|Guides you through creating a custom budget||x||x|
|Email and text alerts tell you when things change5||x||x|
|Syncs with Quicken 2014 app for iPhone, iPad, and Android5||x||x|
|Snap and store receipts with the mobile app5||x||x|
|Manage Your Money and Save|
|Also shows loan, investment and retirement accounts||x|
|Creates a custom plan to reduce debt||x|
|Shows how much to save to reach your retirement goals||x|
|Upgrade with confidence: Auto transfers your existing data||x|
1. Data download from participating financial institutions or parties is available until 4/2017: Online features require Internet access and are subject to change. Services vary among participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions and fees. More than 14,500 participating financial institutions as of 10/1/2012.
2. Quicken 2014 app compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phones and tablets. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in Quicken 2014 app. The Quicken 2014 app is a companion app and will work only with purchase of the Quicken 2014 desktop product. Earlier version(s) of the Quicken app are not compatible with Quicken 2014 desktop product. Standard message and data rates may apply for sync, e-mail and text alerts. Visit Quicken.com/go/apps for details.
3. Must purchase Quicken 2014 to be eligible for the free support offered through 09/30/14. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice.
4. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we’ll give you your money back. Simply return the product to Intuit with a dated receipt within 60 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
5. Standard message and data rates may apply for sync, e-mail and text alerts. Visit www.quicken.com/go/apps for details. Quicken app (“App”) is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phones and tablets. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in the App. The App is a companion app and will work only with the Quicken 2014 desktop product. Earlier version(s) of the App are not compatible with Quicken 2014 desktop product.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So when I saw that the 2014 version included at mobile app for Android I was on board and ready to upgrade. I had seen that they 2013 version had a mobile app as well but reviews were pretty much all bad. So I decided I would wait.
For the desktop version, it's Quicken. Same solid and easy to understand program that most of us have used for years. If you're new to Quicken it walks you through everything. It is really very simple. The help screens/tool tips/help bubbles are very good at getting you an answer to help you get set up. Seriously, there aren't really any other packages I know that are this easy to use.
Now the mobile app is what is the main attraction to this version. The app itself is pretty slick and works really well once you get it set up. Now Intuit listen up here, MAKE THE REGISTRATION FOR THE SOFTWARE AND CLOUD SERVICE ONE IN THE SAME! I mean you make some of the easiest to use software for tracking finances. Surely you can figure out how to make it so that I only have to register once and not have to figure out why I can't connect/don't show an account.
My only other gripe is that syncing with the mobile/cloud from the desktop requires you to click on the sync tab(?) and tell it to. So if I make changes on my desktop and don't sync with the cloud I get old data on my phone and tablet. I can understand not doing it after every change, but you could run a sync when I tell it to close. Or at least give me this option if I want to turn something like that on.
Overall, great product and well worth the money. The mobile side still has some small quirks but it doesn't diminish the software. I'm sure the 201(?) version will be even better when I upgrade to that one.
Things that I liked:
* Brand recognition
Things that I didn't like:
* Interface isn't user friendly. If I was an accountant, I wouldn't need Quicken. If I wanted to see lists of transactions instead of a synopsis of what's posted recently, I'd do back to logging into every account separately.
* You estimate your bills and then reconcile them with the payments when they post. Quicken can get my balance but that's it. I'd rather have a bill reminder that's the exact amount and due date. Oh well.
* Accounts occasionally don't update correctly to show accurate online balances. Sometimes my checking account shows a zero balance and my Kohl's credit card never updates despite the login info being correct. I can't add my auto loan even though the account add feature doesn't indicate there's been a problem setting up the account.
* The home screen is the only aestetically-pleasing part, the rest of it looks cluttered and non-useful.
* I don't have the option of just looking at the past seven days of transactions. I use my card for everything and Quicken automatically loads all transactions since the beginning of the year - which lags the program.
* I can't figure out how bill reminders work. You can estimate your bills and log them before they post but it can be hard to find the doubles when the payment actually hits your account. Reconciliation sometimes catches it and sometimes does not.
* The budget and planning feature takes too long to set up. You have to delete categories (right click and scroll) individually. I'd rather input the categories I want to track so I can just focus on discretionary spending.
1) There's a balloon pop-up that appear over downloaded transactions. As I'm trying to work, I have to make sure my mouse is not left hovering over any of the fields on the left side of the window or the pop-up will appear and the application will be unresponsive for 2 seconds. This is a major inconvenience, as I said, I was pretty adept before--but this balloon (which cannot be disabled) freezes me in my tracks.
2) Copy-paste shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) stops working. I have to close and re-open the application to get it restored.
3) It's the same product! The font is a little updated, the graphics too...but it still flashes when you recategorize multiple transaction.
I have been to the Quicken Support site: [...] and other users have been reporting these same issues for months--with no action by Intuit.
I feel like I've been bilked out of my money--disable my 2011 so I have to upgraded and sell me almost the same product except it has 2014 in the name. Hopefully there's more competition in the market when they cripple this version too.
UPDATE: I just found out I'm still eligible for a refund, as I'm within 60-days of my purchase.
"Quicken offers a 60-day unconditional money-back guarantee on all of our products and services."
"For Quicken software downloaded from Amazon.com, uninstall Quicken and then send an e-mail request to email@example.com or send a written request to Intuit Returns, PO Box 386, Greenville, SC 29334-0386. Requests need to be received within 60 days of purchase. Attach proof of purchase, such as the Your Order with Amazon.com confirmation e-mail. Refunds will be processed with a paper check within 3 - 4 weeks. Please be sure your address is current."
Most recent customer reviews
I am using it since 1996 (DOS version).
It would be nice if the company offers free upgrades to old buyers.