Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on March 8, 2011
I purchased because it came with living trust software. I also was looking at an online resource called Living Trusts on the Web. The online site was about $150 so I was hoping to use this software and save some $$. (Either way, a lot cheaper than using an attorney).

I think this software is fine on its own, but there is no integration between the living trust and the will and other doccuments. In the end I will use the Living Trusts on the Web program because I have more confidence in the will being tied to my trust with appropriate language. Using this software, I would have to put in my own words language to indicate the will leaves things to my living trust. Too bad Nolo did not integrate these two separate but co-dependant doccuments.
77 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2011
I should start by saying that I administer a trust already, so I'm familiar with how trusts work. But I think that even for someone unfamiliar with trusts, this is a do-able way to go. I was able to use this software to write a trust in a matter of a couple of hours. I loaded the CD into my computer. The software gives you a list of questions (like the names of your children, etc.). The software provides tips and explanations on the side. I had started with all my info already researched -- who the executor would be, beneficiaries, assets, etc. Putting that together and talking with my husband and others about it had taken more time than actually feeding the info into the software's "questionnaire."

After answering the questions, the software creates your trust document for you. I exported it into a Word doc (or Rich Text?, not sure). The resulting document was missing a few things that I wanted, which I was able to research in NOLO's book "Make Your Own Living Trust." I did what the "Willmaker Premium" warned me strenuously not to do -- modified the text in M/S Word. But I felt safe in doing so because of my familiarity with trusts. I think that having both resources -- the Willmaker software and the NOLO book -- was helpful. The book gave me more understanding. I wrote our wills (if you have a trust, you still need a will) using the M/S Word doc from the NOLO book. Both resources are excellent and both have software that allow you to write both a trust and will. But I'd recommend getting both if you're interested in more in-depth understanding.
on November 11, 2011
I created a living trust years ago with a mid 90s version of Quicken Family Lawyer. It worked well and did the job. Therefore, I had confidence in the name and purchased the Willmaker/Living trust package. I had a need to upgrage and restate the existing trust and now like someone else commented, I also found that the two pieces of software are not tied together to share information, for one thing. Another thing is, the Trust software doesn't ask if you are amending or "restating" and existing trust. It doesn't recognize my old files either. Thirdly, you have to work with the Willmaker to produce the pour over wills, it's not in the trust package where it should be. I'm not so sure I should even give this package one star! I think what is produced, however, is likely accurate and good legal documents but looking at the wording of a preliminary new trust I drafted seems cumbersome compared to the old Quicken Family Lawyer document, which was given approval by a bank representative by the way. So I'm thinking I made a mistake and threw some money away. I've written email support but no reply yet, not even an autoreply out of courtesy. Plenty disappointed, I am.
on May 30, 2015
it was good for getting me some ideas as to what to write in my Will. But I ended up going to a lawyer for $200.00 for piece of mind knowing it was done right.
on March 16, 2011
We purchased the 2011 Quicken/Nolo Will & Living Trust software to set up a Will/Revocable Living Trust for our dad. My wife and I already had a Will and Trust set up by our Attorney back in 1996 which cost us over $600. I was able to set up a very similar Will/Trust package for our dad with this product at a fraction of the cost. The software is easy to understand, and the built-in legal guide is very helpful. I would recommend this product to anyone that doesn't already have a Will or that wishes to change an existing Will. The basic Revocable Living Trust software that comes with this product is also very good. This product does what it says it will do.
on June 28, 2011
This product is excellent for the layperson. It uses everyday language and includes estate planning, living wills, powers of attorney, and many other documents you wouldn't think of preparing for yourself or for your family members. Great job Nolo and Amazon for carrying it at such a low price. I will purchase from you anytime!
on February 27, 2012
I bought this program a couple of months ago, and just installed it. When I registered the program I was informed that it is no longer "supported", and that I can get the update by paying for a new program "at a discount". I bought the program because the description implies that it contains all the common forms needed for the average person -- first thing I tried to do was a general power of attorney -- it's not in the program. This seems to be the modern standard of conduct for so many businesses today -- devious and deceptive. I wasted my money on this program -- be sure you read all the descriptions before YOU buy and find that you've been sucker-punched.
on February 18, 2015
Save yourself some money and use this older version of Willmaker. The laws simply do not change significantly enough to make any difference. Your will will certainly be valid using this. Ignore the "no longer supported" messages from Quicken, the key thing is legal validity, and for that, this product works fine.
on November 9, 2016
Not very descriptive at all. Difficult to work with and ended up not using it at all. Wish I didn't buy it.
on February 8, 2017
An easy to use program that wants you to upgrade it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.