Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 205 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 212 reviews
Like most families, we are always on the lookout for items that meet the qualifications
of both being soft enough to not be uncomfortable, but not shredding soft, all while
not costing an arm and a leg. (I'm sorry, but there is NO toilet paper worth $1/roll!)

I haven't used Northern in YEARS. We are pretty much Cottonelle folks, finding Angel Soft nice
but too lacy-when-wet. Cottonelle seems to be having consistency problems lately, and I've
been trying out others to find a happy medium ground.

So, I tried this one. I can't get to the store as often as I might like to, so I do shop online a lot.
It was a roll of the dice to buy this much of something that I hadn't tried, but we would use it
no matter how much we did or did not like it - not wasting it.

I'm happy to report that this is actually pretty decent paper.
It is soft enough to not feel like you are sanding down your parts when you wipe,
but not soft enough to leave paper evidence behind. (Let's be honest here - if you are
reading a review about toilet paper, odds are good you have been a victim of left-behind
dingleballs of paper wrapped around places you weren't planning to decorate.)

All in all, I'm happy with it, and would order it again, as long as the price range stays the same.
If it goes way up (and we all know that Amazon prices are all over the map), then I would pass.
At the current price range of around 50 cents a roll, I'll purchase again.

UPDATE:
We've been ordering this paper for quite a while now, but I've notice a couple changes in the quality of the item.
First - the paper does not seem to be as nice a quality as it used to be. I've found myself getting a little "irritated"
from the paper from time to time, and it is leaving a few little calling cards behind, which it never used to do.
Secondly, and the one I feel a little ripped off by - the rolls say double rolls, but they have been paring down the width of the rolls! I just realized it a couple weeks ago, when I realized how much room there was on the TP roller when these rolls are on there. They MIGHT be technically a double roll (depending ENTIRELY on the company's definition of double), but they are SHORT little rolls. We have been going through about a roll a day, with four adults in the house, two of whom are male and don't use TP for most of their trips. There seems to be so little paper on the roll that we are going through it faster than we used to. We aren't living on the potty - the rolls simply have less paper on them than they did before. Mind you - the company will probably claim a certain sheet count. I am talking about the SIZE of the rolls. I just measured one, and the rolls are only FOUR INCHES WIDE. So yes, you get 12 rolls in the package, three packages to the container. But the ROLLS are a tiny 4" wide, and you are not getting as much total paper as you might think. If they keep the price lower than other papers, then we'll likely continue to buy it. But if there is ANY sort of price increase, then this package of short rolls will no longer be part of our shopping. Sort of like how mfgs keep shaving ounces off jarred foods, these rolls are definitely shorter than your average TP roll.
on June 23, 2016
Item was received on time and in excellent condition!
This item was as described. I selected this item for its perceived value and quality. After receipt, I can confirm that this was a wise purchase decision. I would purchase this again. I would definitely recommend this item.
As a consumer like you, I rely on honest reviews when I purchase items and only offer my genuine interpretation. I encourage positive or negative feedback of my review. If my opinion assisted you in any way with your decision on this item please feel free to click "yes" that you found it helpful.
on June 17, 2014
Toilet paper companies have us where they want us: Confused! There are regular, double, mega, and other sizes---makes it hard to comparison shop, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has difficulty figuring out how to compare product and price. So far, I've found that these Northern "doubles" in the 36-roll purchase are the best choice. I also think that what they call a double is what we used to call, well, nothing but a roll of TP. Not as small as some of outrageously tiny rolls that you might see at the store or the ones that have spools that hide how little actual TP there is on a roll. Bottom line, you've got a lot of research to do to find better quality at a better price here.
on March 21, 2015
Clogged the toilet a couple times...but it is quite pleasant on the ol' starfish.
on May 8, 2014
Helps me to avoid walking thru the grocery stores with a cart full of stuff. Gets delivered to the door, saves time and money. Wuality is good, doesn't break up in hands, but properly goes down the toilet without clogging.
on March 23, 2015
We live in a rural area and are on a septic system. We have 2.5 bathrooms and have had up to a family of six living in our house; 2 of them with digestive/bowel issues. This is my standard toilet paper. I have used many brands of toilet paper throughout the years; including Charmin, Cottonelle, Scott, Seventh Generation, store brands, etc. I settle on Quilted Northern as my favorite years ago. However, I find the Northern Ultra Plush to be too much for our toilets/septic system. We would have more clogged toilets when using that brand. I have completely settled on Quilted Northern Ultra Soft and Strong as the best option for ultimate comfort and cleanliness as well as toilet/septic friendly.
VINE VOICEon July 16, 2015
What can you say about TP? It works! It's soft, not scratchy! I'd use this to blow my nose, or wipe tushies - soft and strong enough for both.
Butt beyond that no one wants details about what others do in the bathroom - I don't anyway. So I'll just say - the price kept the hubby happy. The TP kept everyone happy ... I mean it's better than being caught without. And Quilted Northern is one of our top three toilet tissue favs.
So over all this was a winner! I'd definitely buy again!
on October 13, 2015
It's toilet paper, what can I say, I like using Quilted Northern because it doesn't have white "dust" that comes off from it like Charmin (I don't know how to describe it but if you use it to kiss off some excess lipstick, certain papers leave white small bits stuck to the lipstick. Yes, I do this because using one whole tissue for just wiping off extra lipstick is a waste and toilet paper is not gross until you've used it for it's intended purpose).
on July 4, 2015
Pros
- Price with Prime
- Ships in a nice big box

Cons
- Not as fluffy as the "upgraded" versions

Thoughts
- I ordered these to get delivered to the leasing office in my apartment complex. The box has a big "Quilted Northern" label on the side. As I picked it up the ladies in the office gave me this weird look like "How much toilet paper does this guy need? Does this even leave the bathroom?"
on May 26, 2015
What can I say? I'm a Quilted Northern fan. I have to say, this stuff works great after long nights of going out mixed with 3am Taco Bell stops. Its always soft and has really lead me to appreciate that in a toilet paper. My friend, she only has the like single ply stuff that you would have in an office or I'm pretty sure in prison too, so now if I'm staying over there I always bring my own and I don't care if she thinks it's weird. I would highly recommend this