Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on February 12, 2012
In several of the cookbooks I bought recently, quinoa is mentioned as an ingredient. This is the first book that explains clearly what quinoa is and also goes into more details about the health benefits. The recipes and other ingredients look truly healthy: Quinoa, rice milk, fruit, low-fat milk, spices, nuts, herbs, grains,veggies. This is a vegetarian eating plan that looks really tasty: Morning Blueberry Quinoa ,Pecan and Cinnamon Quinoa, Spicy Vegetable Quinoa, Quinoa with Spinach, Spicy Carrot Quinoa, Easy Quinoa Cauliflower, Quinoa Meat Loaf, Baked Quinoa Spinach Loaf, Quinoa Veggie Stew, Feta Cheese and Quinoa Patties all look healthy and good. The directions are clear and well-written. I'd recommend this cookbook if you're interested in healthy eating.
on June 28, 2012
I have been looking everywhere for a versatile cookbook for quinoa and I'm so happy I found this one! The book is very well structured. The author gives you a whole section on types of quinoa and the easy-to-follow steps on how to cook it and store it. Plus she explains all the health benefits and weight loss power of quinoa. It's not just a cookbook, it's a health report too!

What I loved the most about this book is that all recipes are divided into sections: breakfast, quinoa and vegetables, quinoa salads, etc. I had no idea quinoa can be blended in with so many items. I thought it's only good for salads and side dishes. I made the "Start the Morning Off Right Quinoa" and it's delicious. I will make each breakfast recipe from this book! They are so easy, healthy and honestly sound delicious. What a great find!
on February 13, 2012
This cookbook has some really interesting new recipes to try. It gives a broad overview of the many ways quinoa can be used with delicous results. Sarah obviously enjoys cooking healthy meals and quinoa certainly falls into the category of being a healthy food.

Because I love muffins I tried the Quinoa & Banana Muffins. They were excellent, so now I have another muffin recipe to add to my collection. They were easy to make and they sure disappeared in a hurry. Obviously my gang liked them! The next thing I will try is the Coconut & Quinoa Pudding. That sounds yummy.

If you're looking for a way to make healthier recipes, you'll find this cookbook useful and I'm sure you'll use it again and again. The recipes are easy to follow and the instructions are clear. All in all, a great little cookbook!

Marg Ruttan
International Best Selling Cookbook Author
on June 14, 2017
Can't give it a five star since I haven't tried recipes yet but looking forward to soon. Will try one tomorrow.
on October 26, 2014
A hearty recommendation for this yummy easy to use ebook. It is chock full of healthy tasty recipes using the wonder seed. Tried some of the breakfast cereals which were delightfully flavorful. The cornbread recipe is even tastier by substituting spelt flour for wheat. If you have only used quinoa for dinner, as we have, give this book a try.

It is not the prettiest recipe book we have seen but expensive illustrations are not really necessary. If you haven't used quinoa, do a bit of research on the web and be enlightened. Quinoa is good stuff!

Four stars for dependable combos of flavors that give energy and nutrition.
on February 26, 2014
Several years my husband and I traveled to Peru where we were introduced to quinoa. In fact, quinoa was served in one way or the other in almost every lunch and dinner we ate. Ever since, I've tried to include this power food when I could. Quinoa Recipes . . . has a number of easy and tasty dishes, especially for main dishes. The booklet arrived the day I brought home a 5-lb. bag of carrots from Costco. Lo and behold, I found two great recipes that included carrots, both of which I've made several times. Like many dishes, they're really good as leftovers. I'm looking forward to trying many more of the recipes found in this booklet. It may be small, but it packs a mighty punch!
on January 1, 2013
It contains interesting recipes, but it didn't seem like the book was really centered around weight loss. The beginning explains some benefits of quinoa that make it a good and healthy ingredient to use. My main problem with this book was the lack of nutritional facts for the recipes. Nothing is listed regarding fat content or calories. Calories or fat content would have made this much more useful for weight loss.
on February 14, 2012
Quinoa is such a great protein for vegetarians and I have begun eating more of it in my diet. I love how this book has all the recipes in one place and such variety! This will definitely be a resource that I refer back to when I want to add more quinoa into my diet. Thank you for such a great resource!
on February 13, 2012
Before reading this book I had only ever thought of Quinoa as being a healthy grain to be served as a side dish, but now I have discovered just how versatile this totally natural food item can be. Not only can it be used to make delicious savoury meals, it can also be used in sweet dishes too.

The author includes information about the different types of Quinoa available, how to prepare it, and the health benefits it offers. Quinoa fits in perfectly with today's healthy diet recommendations, being high fibre, low GI and gluten-free.

The book provides many delicious recipes and I know for certain that I will be trying out every single one of them. I'm currently baking the Tasty Cornbread With Quinoa, and the smell coming from the kitchen is wonderful. Next on my list is the Crispy Quinoa Crackers because they will be an ideal healthy alternative to potato chips in the lunchboxes.

I highly recommend this book - eating healthily and losing weight has just got a whole lot tastier!
on May 20, 2017
The only thing I missed was a serving size for cooked quinoa. A nutrition count would also be helpful. Thanks