Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 1,708 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,822 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon April 13, 2016
I am so happy to have found a cable holder for my desk that doesn't require that I stick it to the surface! Don't get me wrong, I love command and similar "sticky" products A LOT, but my $500 editing desk isn't a surface I preferred sticking something to. This cable holder is the perfect size and weight to keep my lighting cable, older iPad/iPhone cable, external drive cable and headphone cable right where I want them so I never have to go fishing behind the computer. The slots are the perfect size for easily putting the cables in and taking them out with ease, but they also stay put! Each little disk is also somewhat flexible to accommodate bigger cables.

The only reason I took off one star is because I think it might be slightly over priced, it took a long time to arrive and the packaging was a disaster when it arrived, but the product itself wasn't damaged and works great, exactly as advertised! I'm happy I bought it.
review image review image review image
on January 9, 2017
If you ever get annoyed with your computer desk coords constantly sliding back behind the desk and having a heck of a time trying to retrieve them, then this product may do the trick. It weighs just enough to not slide back itself, is small, and can hold multiple coords in place for access whenever is convenient. Just about every cord I tried fit into and slid into place on the unit. Considering how small this product is, it can be very convenient for a lot of situations and cord clutter that commonly builds up on your desk between having a mouse, use charger, headphones, microphone, speaker wires and just about anything else.

The only downside I can think of, considering the tiny size and the cheap price, is that it can once in a while not be heavy enough to stay perfectly in place. It may move around a little on the desk as it doesn't even weigh a pound. A slight pull on a cord from behind the desk can dislodge the position. So far I really haven't had that much of an issue to be displeased about it, either way at the end of the day. Would recommend if desk clutter is a problem as this is a super cheap and simple way to address that.
on January 23, 2012
When I bought the Quirky Cordies (which sounds odd considering I only bought one), I was also considering the Blue Lounge Sumo. I ended up buying both, and they each have their uses, but let me distinguish the two and mention a few things about the Cordies.

Positives:

1.) I ended up using the Cordies for managing all the charge and sync cables coming out the back of my iMac, keeping them readily accessible for me at all times without reaching behind the screen. On an iMac, that might not seem like a big deal, but not needing to reach behind your computer becomes even more beneficial to those with towers, or CPUs, below their desk.

2.) Speaking of that iMac, the design of this piece complements Apple products quite well, being just slightly eccentric, but cleanly styled.

3.) Considering it holds four cables, it's a lot more appropriate than the BlueLounge Sumo for such an application, since most people looking into cable management have more than two cables coming out of their computer.

4.) It's decently weighted. There seems to be just enough weight to keep it from sliding around without being so heavy as to lead anyone to suggest that it could be lighter.

Negatives:

1.) It only has four slots, which might seem like enough to some people. However, for the same reason USB hubs are sold, I would suggest that a six-slot model would be even more practical for some people. Perhaps making it longer than that would make it cumbersome.

2.) It only keeps the cables from sliding straight through. Some cables are springy, and they can all be bumped. The result of each quality is that cables can be accidentally extracted vertically, over the top of the piece.

3.) The design is simple, but, in leaving the cables so clearly visible above it, does not create as clean of a presentation as something like the aforementioned Sumo.

Now, it's pretty clear that the positives are nice for a cable management piece in this price range, and the negatives are hardly that negative. I would definitely recommend it.
22 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2015
I ordered three of these thinking they were the same brand that I had previously purchased at Target and they are not. These are cheap knock-offs, made in China, and they have an overwhelmingly horrible rubber/plastic-y odor (reminds me of walking into a Crocs store - it's that bad) that has not diminished despite attempts at washing, airing out, and even placing them in the sun for a few days. Waste of money. Throwing all three of them away. They smell so bad I can't even stand to have it sitting on my desk to hold my charger cords. Ugh!
on January 6, 2016
works well for my neat freak daughter who likes it since it matches well with her notebook cover and organizes her cables well. Only problem I saw was that it seemed not to be as stable when one then one cable is used, so you might want to use it with some adhesive. Would be more useful if it held more then one cable although why you would want more then 4 is beyond me (my daughter made that comment about more cable capacity, not me). Product does have a smell to it (seems to dissipate after a while), so if you are sensitive to smells be aware of that. (We let it "air out" for a few hours before bringing it into the house). Make sure you get the quirky branded version, It's better made.
on July 11, 2015
First my thanks to reviewer Casey R for his photos, and reference to "Finders Keepers Shops" as the seller providing genuine authentic products on Amazon! Casey has photos with his June 24, 2015 review which makes it easy to distinguish between the genuine product, and so many of the Fakes also being sold by other sellers on Amazon.

I ordered and received the authentic product from the same seller as Casey, and I love it! There is no offensive odor, none whatsoever. The product is weighted nicely, stays perfectly in place and my device cords are finally organized and easy for me to get too. In addition to what has already been mentioned by Casey, the authentic box has a large Q with the words quirky below it, located on the bottom right corner of the box front and back sides (which I believe the fake products Do Not have on their box). The originals also have a photo of the inventor Stephen Stewart Belfast, Northern Ireland shown on the back. It also has "Cordies keeps your computer cables from sliding off your desk when disconnected." on the back of the box shown in 5 languages.

It took me awhile searching on Amazon to be able to bring up all sellers on the left hand menu, so that I could select only "Finders Keepers Shops" to order from. At the time I placed my order, they only carry black and white (I ordered one box of each). So, I have no idea if the other colors are fakes or if my seller just did not carry them. Oh, the bottom of each "cordies" also has the Large size Q with the word quirky imprinted below it on the bottom (underside) of the cordie too.

I am so relieved that this product does not smell, I have some sensitivities and was not looking forward to getting migraines which some products precipitate. If you decide on this product, I hope you receive a genuine product as well. They are a perfect size, not to big and not to small. They grip the cords perfectly and stay in place well. Thanks to all the reviewers that provided photos and descriptions!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 23, 2015
This is a great solution to that pesky problem of lightweight cables falling off our desk as soon as we disconnect the attached device (iPhone, tablet, etc.). It is a weighted item with just a tiny bit of "give" on each of the teeth that allows you to hold your cables in place even when you've unattached your device. It's attractive, unobtrusive, and just plain works great. I wish I had purchased it a long time ago, because it really takes care of this problem with a simplistic design and seems built to last a long time. The device feels like it is made of some metal base with rubber teeth, all covered with a rubberized paint job. It looks great, works well, and you can't beat the price, either. You can also get it in multiple colors. Five stars.
VINE VOICEon October 18, 2014
I didn't know I needed this until I purchased one. Now I have three of them. My Kindle, Bluetooth Headset, and Phone all require charging cables on my nightstand. Without the Quirky Cordies, all three would fall to the floor (or - much worse - behind my nightstand) after I disconnected them each morning. The QC keeps them right where I need them, and is also great for organizing cables next to a PC or laptop docking station. It's a simple, sturdy (and weighty) device that does exactly what it was designed for.
on May 21, 2015
Believe the other reviews, this thing smells like GASOLINE. The smell gets on your fingers if you touch it. It said "by Quirky" underneath the description so I thought I was buying directly from the manufacturer. It was actually sold through "Select Specials". It was an Amazon Prime item so I thought I would be safe buying. I was wrong, this thing smells terrible. I've noticed this smell on other cheap products made overseas.
on May 5, 2016
I bought this one because I had the grey one and wanted another for my desk. This white one is complete garbage. The packaging showed up completely smashed a whole TWO MONTHS after the order was placed. The plastic has edges were it's been cut poorly instead of the perfect smooth body of my grey one. It's also not heavy enough to hold the cords in place, and is much lighter weight. Lastly, the plastic is a hard shiny plastic instead of the soft velvety matte plastic of my grey one. Doesn't work at all, utter trash. Very dissapointed. I feel like I got played.