Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on December 20, 2012
This works so much better than the cheaper options out there. It is appropriately weighted so it doesn't move around on the surface. It holds the cords just tight enough to keep them secure, but you are still able to move them in and out of the holder with ease. It holds moderately thick cords fine too— I have one thin cord that has been wrapped in electrical tape and even that one is held just fine.

If you aren't familiar with Quirky products, they are pretty cool. They have a social website that is all about designing. Normal people (not usually actual industrial designers) collaborate to design and create products which are manufactured by Quirky. Then everyone who contributed receives their portion of the profits of the sale. Pretty cool idea. :)
on November 11, 2015
I love it! It does not smell likek some reviewers noted. It came in a box that said Quirky. I think that is the key...make sure it says Quirky. It's a light gray color. Even my small cell phone cord stays in place, and the cord holder does not slide off my end table. I wrote on the holder with Sharpie markers to identify which plug goes to what device because a couple are very similar. I wrote small and underneath where the cord's plug end lies so it's hardly seen.
on May 16, 2015
This is a great product. It has solved a problem I have been having for quite some time now. I am so tired of every time I go to plug in my phone, kindle fire, iPad, leapfrog, etc... I have to bend over and find the correct cord. This is great. I also put washi tape on the cord with a flag to mark my cords. This product looks very light in the picture, but it is has a nice weight on the bottom, so it will stay put.
on February 26, 2015
As far as functionality goes, it does the job it's meant to do. Heavy weight, doesn't move.. easy to use & hold multiple cords. I'd of given it 5 stars if it weren't for the unbelievably strong rubber stench that comes with it. I've tried a number of online tips on how to get rid of the odor and nothing works. Although some tips helped to lesson the smell it's still not light enough for me to want to be anyplace near it.
on August 31, 2015
It does what it's supposed to. The base is heavy enough for normal wires. The unit I received looks a bit different from the picture so it is not quite as attractive as the display model. The only other issue was that it smelled terrible (like a strong industrial plasticy smell) for about a month after I opened it. The smell was strong enough that it filled whatever room the product was in and I had to leave it outside until the smell went away. Washing did not help at all.
on June 1, 2015
Once the tire smell airs out (about 24 hours) there's nothing to complain about. The 'arms' are kinda bendy and that's how it grabs the cables. You just wedge em in there and it holds.

Update: It's been a month of use and nothing has flaked or weakened. This definitely does it's simple job.
review imagereview image
on April 8, 2016
This gizmo looks cool and works well to manage small cables on a desktop. Well made and attractive. The reason for not giving 4 stars is that on my desk, the excess cord presented a problem. This kept the connector ends just fine, but the excess cord was still laying around the desk with no solution to organize it. Not the fault of the device and I just need to consider what else to do with it.
on August 3, 2015
I saw another reviewer mention a strong odor associated with this product. i disregarded that warning. I shouldn't have. These things smell like diesel fuel. It's a powerfully intense odor. They made my entire house smell bad. I left them outside for more than a month hoping the odor would diminish. It didn't and they still absolutely reek of petrochemicals. Unless you're buying these for your garage I recommend you find another solution.
on December 7, 2015
This is not authentic Quirky Cordies, the smell is definitely chinese knock off. The smell is like fresh tires, i took it out of the generic box with a label that says it from Quirky, clearly it a fake label as the label is printed out.

I have tried to bleach the smell off but it so damn strong i can't even keep it in my room. Even touching it leaves the smell on my fingers for hours.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, i wish i could return this but i threw the box away thinking i'd give it a chance but the horrid smell i cannot get passed.

I went to staples and just spent extra $10 for an authentic Quirky that was in an Authentic Box and it did not have a horrid smell.
on September 4, 2015
I got three of the, what I assume, is the revised version of this product.

They have a substantial amount of weight to them, I can see a metal plate in the base, I just hope it isn't lead or something nasty. Any time I think of products coming from China, my mind immediately turns to that melamine-laced toothpaste that made headlines from a few years back.

I read a few reviews that made mention of the way these smell, to me they smell like rubber. If you have any experience with working on cars, the way these smell, will be very familiar.

Time will tell if the black ones I purchased, will end up leaving marks on my colored/white cables... hopefully not.