Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 9, 2012
I bought this Kindle-book based on the recommendations that highly praised this book. I personally was disappointed in it.
My chief complaint is that the Arabic original has clearly been xeroxed into the text which would be okay if they had not done so in an extremely small typeface - impossible for me to make out the characters. The translation is good, printed in bold type, but the commentary, delineated by (parenthesis)was generally a distraction -- the text itself was clear enough that commentary was seldom needed.
Personally, I think that this could have been done better in an interlinear form - the Arabic text (in a much larger typeface) the translation under it, and any necessary commentary beneath that.
No translation is perfect. This is a great translatioon but the commentary detracts from it. I would personally opt for the Holy Quran in Today's English even though it lacks the Arabic Text.The Holy Qur'an: A Modern English Reading, Volume III: Chapters 25-114 The lack of the Arabic text is not that significant when comparing it to the minute typeface of this one.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse