Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Sharp R-1214 1-1/2-Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-C...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 40% off the $399.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sharp R-1214 1-1/2-Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave, Stainless
|Price:||$348.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Unique, over-the-counter, 1100-watt microwave with Smart & Easy sensor technology
- Auto-Touch control panel; 24 automatic settings; 7-digit, 2-color lighted LCD display
- Convenient functions include Minute Plus, Keep Warm, Popcorn, and Hot Water
- 1-1/2 cubic-foot capacity; 14-1/8-inch in diameter turntable for even heating
- Measures 23-7/8 by 14-1/16 by 15-9/16 inches
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Sharp R-1214 1-1/2-Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave, Stainless
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$49.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Electronic Express||Amazon.com||Homegoods quality shop||ZappySales|
|Wattage||1,050||1,000 watts||900||1,200 watts||1,100|
Sharp microwave oven R-1214 stainless sensor otc turntable auto touch on door, 8 instant action keys,reheat & cook center, plus 11 power levels.
From the Manufacturer
Counter intelligence: introducing Sharp's unique over-the-counter microwave oven, the R-1214, with Smart & Easy sensor technology for cooking or reheating 11 of the most-popular microwave treats. The OTC is the smarter kitchen design solution that saves valuable counter space. It provides a wide range of options for placement, works with standard cabinet sizes, and does not require a built-in kit or shelf, allowing for an easy installation. And it comes with under cabinet task lighting. So smarten up your kitchen design with Sharp's intelligent over-the-counter microwave oven. It's an ideal space saver that will give you more counter space--and more cooking space!
- New design for new locations means easy installation of a sleek, elegant oven wherever food is prepared.
- Smart & Easy sensor settings for 11 most-popular microwave foods. No need to set times or power levels--eliminates guesswork!
- Auto-Touch control panel is conveniently located underneath the oven's door. Users can easily select features, power levels, and times. The controls are easy to see and simple to use.
- Interactive cooking system with custom help includes options for English, Spanish, or French.
- Defrost Center automatically sets defrosting times and power levels for meats and poultry by weight.
- Minute Plus gives users one minute of high cooking at a touch.
- Keep Warm Plus lets you keep hot foods hot up to 30 minutes after cooking is finished.
- Popcorn Sensor pops popcorn automatically regardless of package size or brand.
- Hot Water heats one to six cups for making tea or cooking pasta, for example.
- Instant action keys save time and make microwaving easy! Touch once for each serving--up to eight. Oven starts automatically.
- 1-1/2 cubic-foot capacity
- 1100-watt power
- Color: stainless steel
- Outside dimensions: 23-7/8 by 14-1/16 by 15-9/16 inches
- Interior dimensions: 17-1/2 by 9-7/8 by 14-15/16 inches
- 24 automatic settings
- Turntable diameter: 14-1/8 inches
- Defrost options: Defrost Center
- Display type: 7-digit, 2-color lighted LCD
- Oven interior: acrylic painted with oven light
- Net weight: 46 pounds
- Shipping weight: 50 pounds
- AC line voltage: single phase 120 V, 60 Hz, AC only
- AC power required: 1530 watts, 13.0 amps
- Safety compliance: FCC, DHHS, and UL
Top Customer Reviews
First off, it's a unique package, the 'undercabinet' configuration is unusual. The part you need to understand is that it's deeper than a conventional wall cabinet. That's the only way you get a decent-sized oven in something that'll fit under a cabinet.
So it's either going to stick out or - in our case, because we had the kitchen torn up at the time - you need to cut some 2x4s and box off a spot in your wall for it to sit back into. Ours sits flush with the cabinet faces.
It's got a turntable, so that limits the size of what you can cook at one time.
The controls make sense, more so than many other microwaves.
It has a built in countertop light but if you want your lights switched through the wall switches you'll have to do something else; we've got a slightly clunkly fluorescent underneath but the prevalence of tiny undercounter LEDs now makes this almost trivial.
It's an old design now but a unique and almost irreplaceable package and ours has been durable enough, so five stars.
All that, and it was the only microwave I could find that is designed to fit in a 24 inch cabinet width. Other microwaves that I investigated had "trim kits" for building them into cabinetry but they all required 25+ inches of width.
When this oven worked it was great, the underside task light was sweet, as was it sensing capability for things like baked potatoes. Programming multi-stage power cooking required many, many clicks for each power level,making this a poor choice for anyone who actually cooks in their microwave. I thought this would be a long term solution for a microwave in my small kitchen. Nope, this is a not a long term machine.
I am quickly becoming a an appliance cynic. I am replacing this with a 700 watt GE microwave oven,that can also be installed under a cabinet, at less than half the price of the Sharp. At half the price I be will be half as sad when the GE oven dies