Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sharp R-1214 1-1/2-Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave, Stainless
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Unique, over-the-counter, 1100-watt microwave with Smart & Easy sensor technology
- Auto-Touch control panel; 24 automatic settings; 7-digit, 2-color lighted LCD display
- Convenient functions include Minute Plus, Keep Warm, Popcorn, and Hot Water
- 1-1/2 cubic-foot capacity; 14-1/8-inch in diameter turntable for even heating
- Measures 23-7/8 by 14-1/16 by 15-9/16 inches
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item Sharp R-1214 1-1/2-Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave, Stainless
|Price||$348.74||See price in cart||$319.00||$531.85|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Everything 4 the home||Amazon.com||stores123|
Sharp microwave oven R-1214 stainless sensor otc turntable auto touch on door, 8 instant action keys,reheat & cook center, plus 11 power levels.
From the Manufacturer
Counter intelligence: introducing Sharp's unique over-the-counter microwave oven, the R-1214, with Smart & Easy sensor technology for cooking or reheating 11 of the most-popular microwave treats. The OTC is the smarter kitchen design solution that saves valuable counter space. It provides a wide range of options for placement, works with standard cabinet sizes, and does not require a built-in kit or shelf, allowing for an easy installation. And it comes with under cabinet task lighting. So smarten up your kitchen design with Sharp's intelligent over-the-counter microwave oven. It's an ideal space saver that will give you more counter space--and more cooking space!
- New design for new locations means easy installation of a sleek, elegant oven wherever food is prepared.
- Smart & Easy sensor settings for 11 most-popular microwave foods. No need to set times or power levels--eliminates guesswork!
- Auto-Touch control panel is conveniently located underneath the oven's door. Users can easily select features, power levels, and times. The controls are easy to see and simple to use.
- Interactive cooking system with custom help includes options for English, Spanish, or French.
- Defrost Center automatically sets defrosting times and power levels for meats and poultry by weight.
- Minute Plus gives users one minute of high cooking at a touch.
- Keep Warm Plus lets you keep hot foods hot up to 30 minutes after cooking is finished.
- Popcorn Sensor pops popcorn automatically regardless of package size or brand.
- Hot Water heats one to six cups for making tea or cooking pasta, for example.
- Instant action keys save time and make microwaving easy! Touch once for each serving--up to eight. Oven starts automatically.
- 1-1/2 cubic-foot capacity
- 1100-watt power
- Color: stainless steel
- Outside dimensions: 23-7/8 by 14-1/16 by 15-9/16 inches
- Interior dimensions: 17-1/2 by 9-7/8 by 14-15/16 inches
- 24 automatic settings
- Turntable diameter: 14-1/8 inches
- Defrost options: Defrost Center
- Display type: 7-digit, 2-color lighted LCD
- Oven interior: acrylic painted with oven light
- Net weight: 46 pounds
- Shipping weight: 50 pounds
- AC line voltage: single phase 120 V, 60 Hz, AC only
- AC power required: 1530 watts, 13.0 amps
- Safety compliance: FCC, DHHS, and UL
Top Customer Reviews
I have not been disappointed at all! I was originally concerned about the installation. It was a breeze. The sharp is a nice size microwave as well, not a compact.
As for the 5 stars I've given it, I have very little complaints.
Pros: Big & powerful. Fairly easy to install. Great price (as compaired to Over the Stove types). This model has many great features as well. Sensor reheating, presets for popcorn, frozen foods,..etc.
Cons: Sensor reheat over heats food just slightly. Some reheating features are slightly complicated to use, so I don't bother. (lots of button combinations that I can't seem to remember yet)
I hope this was helpful.
*** Update ***
I wanted to update my entry for this microwave oven. The oven just stopped working. Timer would continue, but no fan or microwaves (cooking). I assumed it was an internal fuse or short. It was going to cost me a minimum of $150 or more, so I decided to just purchase another one. I still do like this Microwave oven very much. It is easy to use and cooks very well. I only wish it lasted more than it before giving up the ghost. That is why I lowered this rating to 4 stars. I do which there were more choices for an over the counter microwave. One bonus was that since I still had the mounting plate installed, putting the new in took under 3 minutes!
First off, it's a unique package, the 'undercabinet' configuration is unusual. The part you need to understand is that it's deeper than a conventional wall cabinet. That's the only way you get a decent-sized oven in something that'll fit under a cabinet.
So it's either going to stick out or - in our case, because we had the kitchen torn up at the time - you need to cut some 2x4s and box off a spot in your wall for it to sit back into. Ours sits flush with the cabinet faces.
It's got a turntable, so that limits the size of what you can cook at one time.
The controls make sense, more so than many other microwaves.
It has a built in countertop light but if you want your lights switched through the wall switches you'll have to do something else; we've got a slightly clunkly fluorescent underneath but the prevalence of tiny undercounter LEDs now makes this almost trivial.
It's an old design now but a unique and almost irreplaceable package and ours has been durable enough, so five stars.
When this oven worked it was great, the underside task light was sweet, as was it sensing capability for things like baked potatoes. Programming multi-stage power cooking required many, many clicks for each power level,making this a poor choice for anyone who actually cooks in their microwave. I thought this would be a long term solution for a microwave in my small kitchen. Nope, this is a not a long term machine.
I am quickly becoming a an appliance cynic. I am replacing this with a 700 watt GE microwave oven,that can also be installed under a cabinet, at less than half the price of the Sharp. At half the price I be will be half as sad when the GE oven dies
I really like this microwave and don't understand ANY of the previous negative comments I've seen on it. It looks great, works great and was easy to install. The task lighting is really nice above our granite countertops. This isn't a cheap microwave but in our kitchen, it looks more expensive than it was. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an over-the-counter solution.
All that, and it was the only microwave I could find that is designed to fit in a 24 inch cabinet width. Other microwaves that I investigated had "trim kits" for building them into cabinetry but they all required 25+ inches of width.