Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 126 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 159 reviews
on November 9, 2012
I was very excited to get this cd when I heard "Let me love you". I listened to the samples on Amazon and decided to purchase it. I can say they I am not disappointed. I think that the definition of a true artist is their ability to transform their music and still remain relevant and current. I noticed that a few of the tracks have techno beats but that does not change the quality of the music. I think it is unrealistic to think an artist's music is not going to change. R&B from the 70's does not sound the same from the 80's, 90's, 2000's....etc. A few artists such as Mary J Blige and R.Kelly have been able to transcend and evolve with the music industry. Ne-yo is a very talented singer and songwriter and this is a good cd in my opinion. He always makes classy music that does not degrade or objectify women. It would be very easy for Ne-yo to follow along with other male r&b artist and make degrading music. I applaud him for making a sexy, sophisticated current R&B cd!!!!!!
on November 25, 2012
The first two tracks of the album, "Cracks in Mr. Perfect" and "Lazy Love", are winners. They had me hooked so I figured the rest of the album would be just as dope! "Let Me Love You" followed the first two records, which isn't a terrible song. It's the single so I knew that Ne-Yo had to put that on the album. "Miss Right" & "Jealous" were two typical Ne-Yo records, which I really enjoyed. However, once "Don't Make Em Love You" came on, I got so excited. The musicality in this record blows my mind. Ne-Yo really did something great with this track! "Be the One" is alright--nothing exciting. "Stress Reliever" is definitely a sexy baby-making song. "She Is" is another good song. I respect Ne-Yo for doing this track because he went outside of his comfort zone a bit. It went outside of the typical "R&B" genre. "Carry On (Her Letter to Him)" is another typical Ne-Yo track. The last three, "Forever Now", "Shut Me Down", and "Unconditional" follow the new format in the mainstream industry. This electronic dance music has been taking over, but I think R&B artists should remain just that... R&B! Other than that complaint, I really like this album. I will be listening to this for awhile.
on July 22, 2017
Wish the case was a hard case but not gonna go done a star just for that. Has a great selection of songs on it. Great gift for any Ne-Yo fan
on March 9, 2017
love it
on August 24, 2015
I love ne-yo and I love this album. Figured I would buy the deluxe version and I am happy with it but the only issue i would have is why such a huge case and booklet for a deluxe version? I would have been happy with just a regular cd and booklet
on November 10, 2014
love ne-yo what can i say his music doesnt dissappoint
on April 2, 2015
Outstanding album! Been a fan of Ne-Yo for years and this album is another example of why he is one of the greats. If you love R&B music and EDM then this is the album for you. Item shipped as promised without delay and arrived ahead of schedule!
on December 18, 2012
I've been bumping this album since I purchased it. It clearly is the best album that Ne-Yo has ever put out in my opinion. The melodies and beats keep me moving or singing, much to the chagrin of my co-workers, all day long.

My favorite songs on the album are Let's go, Cracks in Mr. Perfect, and Let me Love you.

This is definitely a hit play and listen to the whole album type of record.
on May 13, 2013
I think this is one of his best CD's. I may be partial but he has a nice voice to listen to in the car or a home. I can understand what he's singing, also. That's a major plus. There are some songs that are too sexual so I skip those as you will find in many artists CD's. That's why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars. If you don't mind those songs it'll be a 5 for you.
on January 7, 2013
Ne-Yo goes back to his R&B roots and he has never sounded better. He still explores some more dance/electronic/pop sounds, but he really shines on smooth R&B tracks like "Lazy Love", "Miss Right" and "Jealous". Some of his best work since Year of the Gentleman. This album will not disappoint true Ne-Yo fans and will definitely gain him some new admirers of his work.