Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

• R
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 173 reviews
on September 4, 2013
VERY high quality album! Heavy vinyl and very nice sleeve for the album. The jacket is nice and heavy as well.

Not much as far as content (just some nude photos, X-rated for a reason!), but it is high quality.

As for the seller, I bought this thru THE_CONNECTION and man, I'm impressed. I bought two albums and they came incredibly fast (actually a day before the start of the estimated delivery period). The price was WAY cheaper than going thru the label or any other sources, even with delivery included. Very happy with these guys!
on June 14, 2017
One of the best QotSA albums. This and "Songs for the Deaf" are my favorite. This CD purchase also comes with AutoRip for instant listening on Amazon Music.
on December 29, 2016
One of the best albums of our time.
on June 26, 2016
Awesome trippy stuff! Love this old-style QotSA. "Feel Good Hit of the Summer" & "Monsters in the Parasol" floored me. Yummy.
on August 14, 2014
Having only one other QOTSA album, i may not be the best reviewer since my experience is tained by being very used to Like Clockwork, and Kyuss from back in the day. That said, I do like this album quite a bit, it's a bit closer to Kyuss than their most recent one but definitely still rocks. I personally find the lyrics good but not as good as their most recent, though I like the rawer sound of everything. Really not a lot ot complain about, just wouldn't put it on quite the same level as their most recent, and maybe some context of me getting more albums would help :)
on June 16, 2010
Much as I like Songs For The Deaf, this one, Rated R, is my favorite of the QOTSA compilations.
I am never tired listening to it. I should be. I've heard it plenty of times.
A good album needs a certain amount of variety: every song on Rated R has a unique voiceprint.
A good album requires the band play in fusion: they're tight on this one.
A good album keeps the listener intrigued: Rated R, in spades.
A good album works on more than one level: Rated R, yes, although I still haven't figured what some of the lyrics are really about. . . .
A good album lasts: this one's got some years on it, but the tread is barely worn.
Their music won't get old. They're too creative.

Love this album. Hate that the band, QOTSA, is no longer together, but the musicians are still out there making music.
This is one of those albums that you either really love--passionately, or it's not for you.
It's definitely for me. Thank you, lads, for the lovely sounds.
on June 20, 2014
One of my favorite albums ever, but this is a horrendous pressing. If the promo is printed onto the jacket instead of being a sticker, I would steer clear unless you want this for display purposes.
on December 22, 2016
Can't say anything bad about it
VINE VOICEon July 8, 2006
First and foremost for me is the bringing back of the vocal styling of bands like Canned Heat and the Sir Douglas Quintet that turned me on to QOTSA, but you can't deny the quality of the musicians and songwriting. By Rated R the band has really come together.

For me, which is typical, the first album is the best. Rated R and Songs For The Deaf are "better" if that makes sense. What I mean is the first album shows the enthusiasium of the new band and a creative explosion in songwriting that really culminated with Rated R and Songs. In a non manufactured Top 40 world easily a half dozen songs from both Rated R and Songs could have been hit singles.

Rated R is a rock tour de force that showcases a band at their creative pinnacle that continues with Songs For The Deaf.
on June 10, 2016