Other Sellers on Amazon
R.E.O. Speedwagon / R.E.O./T.W.O. Import, Original recording remastered
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
These CDs in one word are EXCELLENT. The original REO album has poor sound qualities including poor bass and an overall thin and flat sound. The Re-Master is excellent and I can finally turn it up and the sound is full, clear, not distorted and has definition. The Re-Master of REO/TWO is also excellent. I have been hoping for years that someonoe would take on this project and I give a big Thank You to whoever invested in it.
That is because, in my opinion which will not be well received, these two albums and the Live album consist of all the REO music that ever needed to be recorded. If you ever heard them play live in the late 60's and early 70's you know what I mean. Their live energy and bonding with the audience in a small venue was unbelievable. As they got bigger and bigger, the music suffered. Their best music was written as a group by Luttrell/Richrath/Doughty/Philbin. I still prefer the songs they performed back then including Young Girl On The Mountainside, their 15 minute version of Lay Me Down with a 10 minute instrumental jam in the middle inclduing Luttrell on the flute, and Dead At Last where, after the organ solo at the end, Richrath would slide his guitar on the mike stand. Watching Richrath live was something I always looked forward to and I can say it is my fondest Rock N Roll memory. He was truly unbelievable.Read more ›
1. Gypsy Woman's Passion-album opens up like gangbusters with this strong blues inflected boogie. alan's drums are way up in the mix on this and terry luttrell's vocals are gritty as ever.
2. 157 Riverside Avenue-ditto here. this is an awesome track
3. Anti-Establishment Man-love this track. it's definitely a cool period piece, referencing how unneccessary vietnam was and how we need help with other stuff here in the u.s.
4. Lay Me Down- pretty good song
5. Sophisticated Lady- cool little duke ellington cover
6. Five Men Were Killed Today-reo sounds a lot like crosby stills and nash on this track
7. Prison Women -interesting track "That's the object of the story.Don't mess with the prison women"lol
8. Dead at Last -this is an extended jam showcasing neil doughty's keyboard dexterity
1. Let Me Ride
2. How the Story Goes
3. Little Queenie
4. Being Kind (Can Hurt Someone Sometimes) -foreshadows the kevin cronin balladry that would come later except this rocks out a lot more and i wouldn't categorize this with the aor cheese that would come later.
5. Music Man -decent cronin penned track
6.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was a fan of the very early REO Speedwagon, and REO Two is the best! Very high energy, and Kevin Cronin sounds better than any other record that followed this. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Glenn
All of the 2-album collections from BGO records are fantastic. Great sound,not overly compressed and its the only way to get the remaster of the 1st amazing and honest hard rocking... Read morePublished 21 months ago by XJ32
It was just what I expected no problems, arrived quickly and in good shape. The packaging was fine and the deliverly was spot on, ThanksPublished on June 26, 2014 by Gary Rutledge
Had both on vinyl back when....Thought I'd enjoy to hear those NOT overplayed songs again...I was right.....Great deal 2 for 1....Published on October 15, 2013 by Jim Kelley