Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RAM Cradle Holder for the Garmin eTrex 10, 20 & 30
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$10.99+ Free shipping

on August 17, 2014
I'm relatively pleased with this cradle for use on a mountain bike. I have it paired with RAM Mount RAP-274-1U , you need this part to act as the mount for the cradle. I'm really happy about one point with this cradle: It accommodates the etrex 20 with the belt clip attached. Because the cradle is deep enough for the clip, it is a bulky mount. See my picture to get an idea of the size of this particular set-up. As others mentioned, you really can't attache the charger while in this cradle.
review image
on November 5, 2012
This is a very sturdy cradle and will be excellent for anyone using the Etrex 10/20/30 on battery power only. Unfortunately, the current picture on Amazon for this cradle is not accurate and does not show the actual cradle. See http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B005FRY11W/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0 for actual picture. As mentioned in another review, the construction of the shipping cradle blocks the use of the Garmin 12v adapter causing unacceptable bending and strain on the plug. Even trying to use a standard micro USB adapter causes unacceptable strain on the plug because it hits the back of the cradle. If you were to leave it in place and never take it out of the cradle, maybe it would work. But, this is a handheld GPS, designed to be taken with you. If that is your use case, you should pass on this cradle because the adapter cable will likely fail.
on June 1, 2014
I've used RAM mounts with the original eTrax, the 60C, and now the eTrex 20. The mounts hold the devices very securely and yet they can be easily removed. The latter is very important to me as I often use the unit on a motorcycle or bicycle and want to take it with me when I park.

I've used RAM products for years so I know what to expect, but to clarify it for new users: RAM mounting solutions are very flexible, but that implies there are separate items for a complete solution. For example, the cradles do not come with the diamond shaped ball attachments, the dogbone connector, or the base. However, I have the U-bolt handlebar ball base on the bikes, and the suction cup windshield base in the car. Once you have all the pieces, the cradle can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle in seconds, or a eTrex 20 can be swapped for a 60C in its cradle.
on June 18, 2013
This doe solve the problem of being able to see your eTrex while bicycling. I, mistakenly, was expecting the mounting hardware to be part of the package but did come to realize that it would be impractical to do so as it can be mounted in so many situations. A simple pipe clamp from the local hardware store fit well. Fortunately, I had a suitable rubber strip to add allow it to fit snugly and reduce vibrations.
on October 24, 2013
It holds my eTrex10 snugly, Be careful though for the part that connects the cradle to my bike I ordered the wrong one. IT IS IMPORTANT TO BUY A RAM MOUNT BRAND. I made the mistake of buying the wrong one and had to return it to amazon.
on November 8, 2014
Combine this with RAM Mount RAP-274-1U EZ-ON/OFF Mount with Swivel Feature & you can easily take & remove your Garmin Etrex on your bike. Roller at the top makes it easy to place GPS into cradle holder & holds it very securely. A quick push down & twist allows you to take off the holder & GPS & take it with you for added security.
on April 22, 2016
This mount works very well at doing its job and I have no legitimate complaints. It's performs awesomely when my GPS unit is mounted to my moto handlebars. The only nitpicky thing I can add is that when the GPS isn't mounted, the spindle roller at the top rattles like a rattlesnake and drives you crazy making you think the valves in your engine are badly clattering. Obvious solution is to remove it in those moments, but when I forget it's a real buzzkill on my rides.
on June 6, 2014
I bout this for one reason to mount on my Suzuki King Quad 750 with a RAM System,
it's my other out door Wheel Chair for Getting around.

I use it al the time when out to our Ranch Estate in Colorado to trak and keep a running log of every place I go and find my way home.

NOTE this will not WORK with the Mil. Spec. Case ( Special Ops Black, Made in the USA ) or the Power Cord, Just fit's way to well and hold it real tight in any condition to date I have been in.
The real nice part is the holding power of it even in real bumpy off road on a 4X4 wheeler it just holds it and protects it perfect.
It allows you to take it out easy and put it back in with a death grip.

Love this RAM Cradle, and with the ram it even fits in my pickup Trucks Cup holder and clamps down as well, NOTE if you use the short cord for down loading it will fit in this Cradle while in the Truck and not use the NiMH Batteries in it that last for ever.
on July 1, 2016
Great cradle for my eTrex 30x! I use it to mount to the windshield of my HMMWV. I am an Observer/Controller/Trainer and ride solo in my HMMWV so I have to be able to drive and navigate simultaneously. This cradle enables me to do so.
on November 4, 2014
once I figured out the difference between this Garmin and the blue one I use to own... this one seems to have a lot more going for it. I'm not an expert with these things and I'm just a step above turning it on. A couple weeks ago, we were 4 wheeling in beautiful West Virginia... I used this to back track our way back to a trail that was on the map.... I've since bought a different mounting system to make that a little easier to do next time. GO RAM MOUNTS...