Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on June 1, 2014
I've used RAM mounts with the original eTrax, the 60C, and now the eTrex 20. The mounts hold the devices very securely and yet they can be easily removed. The latter is very important to me as I often use the unit on a motorcycle or bicycle and want to take it with me when I park.

I've used RAM products for years so I know what to expect, but to clarify it for new users: RAM mounting solutions are very flexible, but that implies there are separate items for a complete solution. For example, the cradles do not come with the diamond shaped ball attachments, the dogbone connector, or the base. However, I have the U-bolt handlebar ball base on the bikes, and the suction cup windshield base in the car. Once you have all the pieces, the cradle can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle in seconds, or a eTrex 20 can be swapped for a 60C in its cradle.
on August 17, 2014
I'm relatively pleased with this cradle for use on a mountain bike. I have it paired with RAM Mount RAP-274-1U , you need this part to act as the mount for the cradle. I'm really happy about one point with this cradle: It accommodates the etrex 20 with the belt clip attached. Because the cradle is deep enough for the clip, it is a bulky mount. See my picture to get an idea of the size of this particular set-up. As others mentioned, you really can't attache the charger while in this cradle.
review image
on April 24, 2015
Overall satisfied with the mount. Good quality product and will last a lifetime. The only thing negative i have to say is that the description was not very accurate. This does NOT come with the 1" RAM ball mount. The ball is a separate item. I learned this the hard way. I had to go to an ATV store to order this. That detail should have been listed. I am still satisfied with the mount.
on March 17, 2017
its big, it seems it coukd be a bit smaller as there is a huge bulge at the base. i did discover, tho, that two extra batteries can fit in this space. if you tape them together they probably can't fall out.
on June 6, 2014
I bout this for one reason to mount on my Suzuki King Quad 750 with a RAM System,
it's my other out door Wheel Chair for Getting around.

I use it al the time when out to our Ranch Estate in Colorado to trak and keep a running log of every place I go and find my way home.

NOTE this will not WORK with the Mil. Spec. Case ( Special Ops Black, Made in the USA ) or the Power Cord, Just fit's way to well and hold it real tight in any condition to date I have been in.
The real nice part is the holding power of it even in real bumpy off road on a 4X4 wheeler it just holds it and protects it perfect.
It allows you to take it out easy and put it back in with a death grip.

Love this RAM Cradle, and with the ram it even fits in my pickup Trucks Cup holder and clamps down as well, NOTE if you use the short cord for down loading it will fit in this Cradle while in the Truck and not use the NiMH Batteries in it that last for ever.
on March 20, 2014
Although the RAM cradle is well made, it has nothing to attach the cradle to anything- you have to buy that separately, and that can get expensive. I guess I'll make some sort of bracket to attach the cradle to my bike or truck, but I expected a suction cup at least. Live and learn.
on April 10, 2017
as snug as it needs to be, and have not lost my garman after a couple of spills, albeit in the sand. does wear a bit at the top creating a mark on the garman.
on April 22, 2016
This mount works very well at doing its job and I have no legitimate complaints. It's performs awesomely when my GPS unit is mounted to my moto handlebars. The only nitpicky thing I can add is that when the GPS isn't mounted, the spindle roller at the top rattles like a rattlesnake and drives you crazy making you think the valves in your engine are badly clattering. Obvious solution is to remove it in those moments, but when I forget it's a real buzzkill on my rides.
on October 24, 2013
It holds my eTrex10 snugly, Be careful though for the part that connects the cradle to my bike I ordered the wrong one. IT IS IMPORTANT TO BUY A RAM MOUNT BRAND. I made the mistake of buying the wrong one and had to return it to amazon.
on September 5, 2012
I use this on my mountain bike and find it quite durable and very easy to use - after a single ride I was totally sold on the RAM mount system. Features of this cradle that I particularly like are: not needing to remove the carabiner clip from the GPS unit, the ease of insertion and removal of the GPS, and the solid build quality of the cradle. It works really well with the rest of the RAM mount system and it's far and away better than the manufacturers solution (a replacement battery door cover.) Installation takes seconds and is accomplished via two small screws (three different lengths are provided) threading through a thick section of plastic for added strength. Even on very rough terrain the GPS never comes loose from this holder, yet I can remove it easily with one hand. If anything happened to this thing I'd buy another without hesitation.