Your Memberships & Subscriptions
RAW Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- File Size : 5769 KB
- Publication Date : January 13, 2014
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 359 pages
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B00HNG4AB4
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #45,618 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The sex is definitely worth mentioning here. There are some instances of violent sex here which will turn the stomach of some. Consider yourself warned. Others won't mind, some will even find it hot.
I know that for some, the idea that a (almost) rape victim could possible be turned on and enjoy role playing a rape scenario was impossible to fathom, but those people don't know each and every rape victim, nor do they speak for them. When Lexi had serious qualms about the enjoyment of such, she went so far as to speak with a psychologist she knew about it. No, it's not unheard of and there's nothing wrong with it. To imply otherwise is, in the minds of some rape victims, a form of victimization.
*****end possible spoilers*****
The biggest problem I had with this story was the ending. Without going too much into detail, it just didn't make sense as to why the author chose to end it the way she did. It does seem that making sequels to books is all the rage now but, honestly, I just don't care for it. Not saying that she does plan on a sequel, but it certainly leaves room for one - or maybe there is already one and I just didn't come across it yet. Normally, when a book ends in a (potential) cliffhanger, I rate it three stars max, however, because I enjoyed the story so much otherwise, I felt compelled to give it four.
Back over this past summer, I was one of the victims that fell into that Amazon scandal, they removed all my reviews without warning or notice, not even a reason why. But I emailed them and after nearly a month, they added back all my reviews, accept, some of them got lost in the mix of it all, my Raw review being one of the few.
So here I am now, rewriting my Raw review. After nearly five years since I first read it, I can tell you that my feelings did not change. I loved this book as much as I read it the first time. I did not remember parts of the book but as I read, I remembered with a smile on my face. I do have to admit that I loved the second half of the book more. There is one scene about fifty percent into the book that softened Twitch, you see a bit of a different side of him.
But damn, this book delves into some much more than what you first intend it to be. They both have a past, they both didn't have the best upbringing, which each have their secrets that will blow your mind at the end.
This is a dark romance. So dark, gritty things happen in this book. It is not your happy-go-lucky romcom romance. So prepare yourself. Twitch, you sometimes want to reach through the book and slap him but damn, there are other times when your heart melts for the man. Lexi is a good character too. She falls for a man and sometimes that can't be help but you can see at times that she has her guard up. But both these broken souls break all their rules for each other. In a way, it almost proves love conquers all… if you believe in that kind of thing.
Top reviews from other countries
These characters are flawed. Twitch, with his stalkerish ways, is no saint, a bad man you want to hate but really can’t. He is certainly not easy to love, he’s a twisted man, the monster hiding in plain sight. Lexi has overcome her own demons in the past but she has no idea that her journey has only just begun. Whilst understandable, her internal struggles almost drove me mad at times. She can’t stay away from Twitch, so she may as well hang on tight and enjoy the ride. He is a force of nature after all.
I love the unconventional and unusual in a story and this has both in spades. A real rollercoaster of a journey with an ending which quite frankly gutted me.
I've just finished a reread because after all this time we finally have RAW:Rebirth and I need to right my wrong and leave my review.
This is going to be short - I absolutely adore and cherish this story and although Twitch is a hard man to love, I fell completely and utterly in love with this man.
Spellbinding book, awesomely written and now I'm off to read the sequel.
- i liked the main characters job, i found it to be a good sense of what the author was trying to convey in the character, being "good girl".
- twitch was the token "bad boy", and called twitch... take it as you will, because if you're reading RAW, you're probably immune to the names given to these dark and supposedly sexy bad men.
- i liked the beginning, aka the sample. i liked most of the book in the bland way that i like wearing plasters on cuts. it just wasn't completely heart-melting skin-shivering orgasm-inducing as i feel like it should've or could've been. or maybe that was too much to ask for since she was sexually assaulted not much before her first la-la-la.
- it was a tad annoying for our main girl to have to wait so long to finally figure out who this stalker really was, especially as we were told blatantly by his point of view mid-to-early on.
- i felt a tad bit of slut-shaming near the end by our main girl. even though i guess she was in a wrecked state after hearing devastating news, i feel like it was what she was feeling for ling? (can't really remember) all along, just never really saying it. though i guess i was a little more happier near the ending when it seemed like they had bonded slightly. still.
- if a man ever hired someone to spook me, and this hired spook tries to actually rape me,.. hello police!!
- it felt slightly like STOLEN by Lucy Christopher (main setting australia/girl helps boy in need/boy harbours this memory when reaching adulthood) but no way reaching that mark of character development or sadness at the end.
you will either take RAW in two ways.
i don't believe you should be utterly disgusted by what occurs, but some things definitely cross the line, and unfortunately this line is very often crossed in adult-romance fiction.
you'll love it for twitch's small man syndrome, and hell, belts can be hot. it's a snap read and the characters are so-so with a not-really-barely-there plot.
i don't like being mean or completely horrible, because i'm sure effort was put into this, you can tell, and i finished reading it... at least...too bad twitch didn't finishing reading his guilty plea of murder or admission to distributing drugs across the country of australia before getting locked up by the end of it.
I could not put this book down! I loved it right from the start and was left with a wtf no I need more don’t leave me yet finish! The story pulled me in straight away and I loved Alexa and Twitch. Raw is gritty, suspenseful, emotional, heart-breaking, sexy and quite the dirty read that will leave you in a heated mess. I loved Twitch in his hoody stalking Alexa it was hot even though it was creepy it didn’t factor. The sexual build up between the pair sizzled with heat and their chemistry was off the charts. Alexa is a strong sweet heroine who works as a social worker providing support to kids placed into foster homes. She’s the good girl who’s made the most of her circumstances and not let her past ruin her future. Twitch is a bad boy and he isn’t ashamed off it nor changing for anyone, he’s possessive, sexy, badass, raw and secretive. He’s had his eyes set on Alexa for a while, and the storyline is paced to keep you guessing why he treats Alexa the way he does and I loved reading every second of it. His nightly visits to Alexa is supercharged with sexual tension leading to sweet and sexy times. Raw left me in a mess with the epilogue and I was in a serious book hangover state, but it’s still one of my favourite reads of 2016 and I’m so glad there’s more to come in this series.