Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Size: 16 gauge - 100 ft spool|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,039 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,144 reviews
on August 23, 2016
(regarding the 24 awg wire ~100 ft):

I ordered some of this for the purpose of making a metal detector coil. All of the local carriers (Wal Mart, Home Depot and Lowes) all carried the copper/aluminum wire (with one copper, one aluminum wire). I was worried that it wouldn't work properly, so I ordered some of this.

This stuff costs about 40% less than the big retailer prices, and has the same material running down both wires. I haven't verified whether it's pure copper or CCA, but at least it's uniform. Truth be told, I'm not sure that there would really be much of an impact...but why risk it when you're getting a better deal anyway?
on September 6, 2016
Cheap, cost effective, works alright.

I'm not an audio expert, and I was in a hurry setting up my theater so i ordered these to overnight.
I didn't know they were CCA, and thought they were full copper.

The cable is more rigid than the full copper cables I had that were too short for the new theater room, however I couldn't hear any difference between them, so I didn't end up replacing them with full copper. I do feel cheated though... It's not mentioned anywhere on the page that it is Copper Clad Aluminum, so -1 star.

It has a white strip printed on one side of the cables, allowing you to easily figure out which side is which.
on July 3, 2017
I am no pro but I can say that I can not tell the difference between this speaker cable and the more expensive stuff. I've been doing this sort of thing for many years and always used the more expensive cables but a friend, who is in the business, told me recently that copper wire is copper wire, no matter what company you buy it from and as long as the wire is shielded properly, why pay more? Made sense to me so I tried it and guess what? He was right! I don't have test devices to check OHM loss and all that stuff, only my ear and my ear tells me I can't tell the difference at any volume or range. Never too old to learn something new!
on February 16, 2013
I'm not a hardcore Audiophile but I do like having surround sound for watching movies on my Home Theater PC and playing video games. I ordered 2 spools of this to wire my 5.1 $100 Monoprice speakers into my Sony AV Receiver. It's a medium sized room and a low-mid system so I didn't think lower (larger) gauge was necessary. 16 seems to be what most people recommend and use for typical stereo setups.

I've got a pair of Self-Adjusting wire strippers ($10-20) from college and they easily stripped this wire. Normal strippers or even some type of knife won't be as fast but will work fine. When unraveling the wire it helps to pull it straight and untwist the wire so you can route it easily. As the wire comes off the spools it's a bit curled.

I didn't use and banana plugs or solder and the speakers sound great.
on September 24, 2012
There has been some debate over the efficiency of this wire. The idea that copper over aluminum makes an inferior speaker wire isn't relevant to most home users. Due to the "skin effect" most of the electrons (AC Audio Signal)flow over the outside surface of each wire strand, in this case the copper. Yes copper is a good conductor of AC audio signals and has been a traditional material for speaker wires. If you want a better conductor than copper buy silver wire, if it even exists. The problem is if you are an average home owner with the usual home AV configuration it just doesn't make sense to spend more money on expensive pure copper wire. Audiophiles like fly fishermen will spend crazy amounts of money on equipment and with the possible exception of shielded speaker cable and great hand tied fishing flies, it's just not worth the extra $$. What is important is that you use a heavy enough gauge wire.

Heavy gauge speaker wire is more durable, better insulated and will carry a heavier load over longer distances with less signal loss (lower resistance). For most audio installations 16 gauge is fine. I like 14 gauge because I know it will endure the pitfalls of home use such as being nibbled on by the cat and such. The down side is it is not as flexible as 16 gauge speaker wire and that's OK with me.

For those who want to know this wire is easily soldered using regular rosin core electrical solder. Do not use acid core solder or the wire will corrode over time. Instead of buying expensive wire pins to terminate your wire I perform a process known as "tinning". I simply strip 1/2" of insulation from the wire and use a good hot soldering iron and apply solder to each wire end. I then trim the ends to 3/8" length and they are ready to go.

Would I recommend this product? Absolutely. Unless you spent $5000 on a dual mono block tube amp, then this wire should work just fine. KB0QAQ
on June 23, 2013
I bought this to hook up a new set of 5.1 Yamaha speakers to my also new Onkyo receiver. It was run mostly inside of walls--out of sight. The cable seems to be of good quality with thick insulation which stripped easily to expose an equally high quality stranded conductor. I have nothing negative to say about the cable, although I will add this--14 gauge just barely fit the connectors on the amp, and took some tight twisting and patience to get them seated properly. I wanted 14 vs. 16 gauge and am very happy with the sound quality but it's something to consider, assuming most amps with push-type connector use a similar size hole. I don't know whether this is the case, or just Onkyo.
on October 17, 2016
This is a noticeable upgrade from my 18 and sometimes 20 gauge speaker wire decades old. Stranded wire when aged can act as millions of diodes...believe it or not.
The white stripe designating ground wire and the RCA label designating signal wire sealed the deal during installation.
I recently washed (industrial sonic bath) my 1977 Harman Kardon model 330B to restore it to the full 16 watts per channel that blows away my new Onkyo 115 watts per channel even prior to this speaker wire upgrade. The biggest difference right now is that speaker wire: 16 gauge on the Harman Kardon vs. the 22 gauge speaker wire supplied by Onkyo, UNLESS Onkyo is resorting to Pyle's technique of reporting 115 watts per channel as peak to peak instead of rms power.
on January 23, 2016
Product does not state ANYWHERE that it is in fact copper clad wiring which is a very important fact. I found this out after purchasing and am wasting time and effort buying what I actually wanted (copper wire). Thankfully I noticed this before cutting the wire. Additionally, many wire connectors warn (in very small writing on the back of the package) that they are only for use with copper wire only. Given that this product looks very like copper, I'm sure many have overlooked the fact that it's really copper clad aluminum (CCA), and unknowingly purchased copper to copper connectors. I'm not sure of the safety implications but they're at very least concerning. My main gripe here is that I was buying a product that I think doesn't properly advertise it's physical properties.
review image
on December 16, 2014
I love writing reviews about products that simply do their job perfectly. I have had no problem with this wire whatsoever, and I'm actually listening to my system right now that uses them. One observation; I have a wire cutting notch on my knife so I didn't have much trouble exposing the metal but it could potentially be tricky, because the insulation is actually surprisingly thick - which is good, the wire is thick too and has many strands so even if a couple come off in the process, it certainly won't hinder any sound conduction, but it could be difficult to cut. Again, not much of a troubling thing as once you do, it's done and you don't have to again, but just an observation. Awesome product, will use again if I need it for another sound setup.
on July 1, 2017
Works great. Rewired my entire car from head unit to front and rear speakers. One wire is striped so no guess work. Handles 50w easily. May be too thin for speaker amplifier applications.