Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 452 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 481 reviews
on February 12, 2016
Having tried a few good splitters this is the only one that fully fixed pixelization & reduced Corrected / Uncorrected errors reported by my TiVo to near zero.

Have Cablevision / Optimum, high-quality cable runs + connections, only one splitter in the house (cable modem / TV) and have had to replace the splitter a couple/few times over the years. The first time a cable guy diagnosed the splitter as the problem & replaced it that worked well for a year or so then started noticing artifacts / pixelization / sound issues. High & rising Corrected / Uncorrected errors reflected the problems. Instead of wait around for cable visit again tried a few recommended splitters, this one is the best so far.

So cable splitters can go bad & they vary quite a bit in performance / quality. This one is a keeper. Ordering an extra to have on hand.
VINE VOICEon December 23, 2013
QUICK SUMMARY: Works exactly how I expected it to. The outside antenna can now be used by both my HDTV tuner and the tuner in my DVR. Recommended!

BACKGROUND: I don't have cable TV or satellite. I use a big outside TV antenna to get HD over-the-air broadcasts (for football, the World Series and the Olympics). The problem I had is that the DVR doesn't record in HD -- it's good quality, but not HD. Before I bought this, the antenna was hooked up to my DVR, so even if I was watching sports live, the DVR wasn't sending an HD signal to my HDTV, so the visual clarity was missing. With this splitter, I have a choice between watching sports in HD (live, with commercials), or watching good-but-not-HD-quality (recorded, skipping over commercials).

WHAT I LIKE:

- It works, that is, my antenna works now with both my HDTV tuner and the DVR tuner
- Simple, intuitive, no-hassle to install
- Reasonably affordable
- The optional screw holes would let you affix this splitter to a wall (I didn't do that)

CONCLUSION: If you need a cable splitter, this is the one to get! Recommended!
on July 15, 2016
The coax cable to connect into the router is in my son's room so we have a splitter on it to go to the cable box. We got this splitter because the issue with our old splitter is that it it couldn't handle all of the data and video running through it at the same time. Whenever we were on the internet using a lot of bandwidth the video on his TV would start getting choppy.

With this new splitter the video quality seems to be greatly improved but is not perfect. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star review is because there are still times where the video can get a little choppy but it is MUCH better than what we had before. Great price for a great product!
on February 15, 2016
Just what I needed and no issues. I switch my projector between laptop and cable box. It switches to whatever is turned on last but can easily switch with push of button. When I switch from cable box to laptop, the laptop's 2nd monitor goes off and appears on projecter screen. When I switch from laptop to cable box my second monitor on the laptop comes back on automatically. Everything is clear with no artifacts. Slight delay when switching due to projecter having to re-sync with new hdmi source.
on October 9, 2015
I bought this splitter hoping that it would boost my internet speed over my current splitter (which is old and only rated in Mhz) but it did not deliver. It did make my internet much faster when I was only using the internet, but when I turned on my television the signal was terribly distorted. Tried switching outputs, but still distorted. I also use VOIP for my telephone, and this splitter did not like that at all. My telephone reception was so distorted over magic jack that I couldn't use itl. This item seemed very cheap and flimsy, not as substantial as the one that I bought at radio shack for the same price. My old splitter is slower, but at least there's no distortion. I am going to try the Monster splitter and see if that one works any better. Will post that review once it's up and running.
on January 5, 2015
Works great with my verizon fios service.

i wanted to put my DVR and wifi router in the same location, but there was only one coax plug coming from the wall. So i have it set up:

coax from wall ---> RCA Splitter --> one coax cable going to DVR, one going to router.

i see no loss in signal. everything is working as intended.

For the coax patch cables, i am using: "Cable Matters 3-Pack, CL2 In-Wall Rated (CM) Quad Shielded RG6 Coaxial Patch Cable in Black 1.5 Feet"
on December 16, 2015
Used this to replace a splitter that went between the incoming cable, the phone modem, and the internet modem. We had problems right away with the internet dropping. Called the cable tech. He put a meter on it and noticed the signal level was fluctuating, He replaced the RCA splitter with one form his truck (Antronix CNC2002H-A) and the signal was stable and problem was gone.
on February 28, 2015
This is one of those items you're going to go to the store for and rustle around until you find something that looks ok or you go to Amazon. I did spend some time on the site trying to find a good splitter because if you get junk, you're going to get a big fat Fail. This one worked perfectly without signal loss. One went into my Tivo and the other into an HD Tuning adapter. What i had before was sporadic and loss-full. Anyway, this one works great; at least it did for me..
on June 30, 2016
If my splitter has been in service for 8-12 months, replacing it has usually fixed picture quality and/or internet performance issues. I could buy a cheaper off-brand splitter but I figure it's worth the extra 7-8 bucks. I'd also advise getting good quality coax cables that are not over-long or marginally short. Total cost for cables and splitter would be +/- $25 which IMHO is better than spending an hour+ dealing with Charter support.
on December 15, 2015
works as it says, i have two, each with three HDMI devices hooked up to it. I just leave my tv on HDMI input 2 and let the switcher handle my ps3, ps4, and wii u inputs (i'm only gonna play one at a time on the tv so there's no conflict). definitely worth the money if you're either running out of hdmi inputs on a tv or you just don't want to switch around inputs that often.