Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on March 27, 2015
I am using this to split a connection in my office for a cable modem and VoIP phone. It works great! I do not experience any signal degradation on any device. This was a more cost effective alternative to having another wall jack installed.
on July 11, 2016
I bought this only because I was curious to see what was inside of it and of how the contents of the differently rated splitters differed. (I'm learning about transmission lines at the moment.)

Aside from the differences visible in the attached photo (3GHz splitter on the left, 900Mhz splitter on the right), the shielding foil on the back - which I removed from each splitter to see inside - was significantly thicker and harder to remove on the 3GHz splitter than on the 900Mhz one.
review image
on December 16, 2015
Used this to replace a splitter that went between the incoming cable, the phone modem, and the internet modem. We had problems right away with the internet dropping. Called the cable tech. He put a meter on it and noticed the signal level was fluctuating, He replaced the RCA splitter with one form his truck (Antronix CNC2002H-A) and the signal was stable and problem was gone.
on January 6, 2016
I wanted to split my antenna feed into two feeds. I was worried that this would degrade my reception, so I picked this one (it had the biggest frequency range that I could find on amazon). I am happy to say that there was absolutely no noticeable degradation of signal and both receivering tuners are working great.
on January 5, 2015
Works great with my verizon fios service.

i wanted to put my DVR and wifi router in the same location, but there was only one coax plug coming from the wall. So i have it set up:

coax from wall ---> RCA Splitter --> one coax cable going to DVR, one going to router.

i see no loss in signal. everything is working as intended.

For the coax patch cables, i am using: "Cable Matters 3-Pack, CL2 In-Wall Rated (CM) Quad Shielded RG6 Coaxial Patch Cable in Black 1.5 Feet"
on February 28, 2015
This is one of those items you're going to go to the store for and rustle around until you find something that looks ok or you go to Amazon. I did spend some time on the site trying to find a good splitter because if you get junk, you're going to get a big fat Fail. This one worked perfectly without signal loss. One went into my Tivo and the other into an HD Tuning adapter. What i had before was sporadic and loss-full. Anyway, this one works great; at least it did for me..
on January 30, 2013
At the time I ordered this splitter, there were some bad reviews, but most of them were good. Decided to go with this mid priced splitter over the cheaper ones and more expensive ones. This splitter works impeccably. No loss of signal or interference noted. I am splitting the "basic" cable signal from the wall going to a regular TV with no box. It is the 80 plus free channels cable provides. I am using this splitter to divide the one signal to a "digital adapter" and directly to our DVR. (TWC in my area decided to make several "free" channels going to analog TV's digital). We use a non-Tivo type DVR, that has both analog and digital tuners, but it turns out to receive the one channel my wife wanted, we had to go with their "digital adapter" box. This sucked because I had to set the DVR to ch3, and the DVR's tuner would NOT work any more. My wife had to set her program timers all to ch3 and make sure the digital adapter box was set to the proper channel and "on" for the time of each programmed recording. Since it was only the one digital channel that needed the digital adapter box, I decided to "split" the signal just before the "box" and use an A-B switch to select either the output of the box, or the direct signal from the wall via this splitter. This way all the other shows she tapes can still be tuned thru the DVR. The box has to be selected ONLY for the one digital channel and only that one show has to use ch3 and be tuned via the box. This splitter is doing this with NO PROBLEMS. The A-B switch I'm using is the C2G 41015 Hi Isolation Switch. ALL CABLES LENGTHS AFTER THE SPLITTER ARE ALL 2 FEET OR LESS.
on November 18, 2015
I've had HD channel issues for years History and ABC being the biggest culprits but is was so sparatic I just chalked it up to network signal issues. Saturday evening I went to watch a show on History and there's a message stating channel wasn't available. I ran the test and there wasn't any blackouts in my area so I rebooted stb still didn't work, I went and checked the other HD boxes in house and there wasn't an issue on them so I called Verizon and was advised it seemed to be the splitter. The tech said they would send me a new one but since they don't consider it a priority it would be 7 to 10 business days. I said ok it's just one channel so not a huge issue. Well I went to watch MNF on ESPN HD and that channel was out!! I then checked and there were actually 9 more channels I was missing, I then did a chat with Verizon and the rep said she showed no order and would send it out and I should get it in 2 days. I decided to order this to be on the safe side. Worst case senerio I'd have an extra. So glad I'm a Prime member cause the one from Verizon didn't arrive today but this one did.
on February 12, 2016
Having tried a few good splitters this is the only one that fully fixed pixelization & reduced Corrected / Uncorrected errors reported by my TiVo to near zero.

Have Cablevision / Optimum, high-quality cable runs + connections, only one splitter in the house (cable modem / TV) and have had to replace the splitter a couple/few times over the years. The first time a cable guy diagnosed the splitter as the problem & replaced it that worked well for a year or so then started noticing artifacts / pixelization / sound issues. High & rising Corrected / Uncorrected errors reflected the problems. Instead of wait around for cable visit again tried a few recommended splitters, this one is the best so far.

So cable splitters can go bad & they vary quite a bit in performance / quality. This one is a keeper. Ordering an extra to have on hand.
on May 23, 2014
Ordered the DH24SPF which is a 2-way Bi-Directional Splitter 5mhz-3ghz but received VH47R which is a 2-way Uni-Directional Splitter 5-900mhz. The label that was applied to the package has the part number that I ordered on it but the part number printed on the packaging from RCA has the other number, plus the printing on the actual part is different as well. Being returned tomorrow.