3 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Doorbell Video Ring Security Camera by RCA New and Improved - with Mobile Doorbell Ring, 3MP HD Video, Live Stream, No Recording Storage Fees, Night Vision and Motion Detection
|Alert type||Motion Only|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Wi-Fi|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p, 3 MP|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Easy Installation: Connect the RCA Video Doorbell Camera to your existing doorbell wiring and to your 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi network; Everything you need to install is included; NOTE: Requires an 8-24V AC transformer
- Watch over your home with 3 mega-pixel ultra high-definition video and live streaming; captures 50% more detail than full 1080p HD; free recording of hundreds of events on the included 16GB micro SD card
- Receive instant alerts when motion is detected using the free RCA Security All-For-One app and monitor your door from anywhere on your iOS or Android device.
- Monitor from anywhere with mobile access on any iOS (iOS 8 or higher) or Android (4.1 or higher) device; Allows you to see, hear and speak to anyone at your door with clear 2-way communication via the built-in speakers and microphone
- 180-degree vertical field of view provides ultra-tall angles (so you can see if your packages have been dropped off) with better coverage and less dead zones and night vision captures motion and activity around-the-clock
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- Now you'll never have to ask who's there with the RCA 3MP High-Definition Video Doorbell Camera!
- Be there even when you can't with 2-way talk and live streaming.
- Monitor from anywhere with mobile access on a compatible wireless device.
- Includes free video recording, 180 degree vertical field of view for fewer dead zones, motion detection and night vision.
- Connect to your 2.4 or 5GHz WiFi network and existing doorbell wiring and you’re ready to go!
- Everything you need to install is included.
- Use the RCA Security All-In-One App and monitor various cameras around your house and business all at the same time!
The Quickest and Easiest Installation
Everything You Need to Install Is Included
Smart Motion Detection
Coordinates with Any Exterior and Weather Resistant
Free Video Recording – No Monthly Fees
180° Vertical Field-of-View and Night Vision
3MP Ultra HD Video, Mobile Access and 2-Way Talk
- Scare away any possible intruders with a 90-decibel alarm.
- In your settings, you can turn on a 90-decibel alarm, so when motion is detected, it goes off.
Protect What Matters Most
- Watch over your home with 3 mega-pixel ultra high-definition video and live streaming.
- Captures 50% more detail than full 1080p HD.
- Free recording of hundreds of events on the included 16GB micro SD card
Pair With Other RCA Home Security Products
- Use the RCA Security All-In-One App and monitor various cameras around your house and business all at the same time!
Easy Motion Detection on Timeline
- See everything that happened yesterday, last week or last month with the timeline.
- Every time motion is detected, a blue mark is made on the timeline.
- Easily find what you’re looking for without watching hours of footage to find that one event.
|3MP Doorbell Video Camera w/ HD Live Streaming, Night Vision & Motion Detection||LED Flood Light Security Camera w/Night Vision, Motion Sensor & Live Streaming||RCA WiFi Pet Camera||WiFi Home Security Video Camera||RCA HD Home Security System w/8 Channels and 4 Cameras|
|Contents||3MP Doorbell, 3 Faceplates, 3 Angle Adapters, Power Kit, Faceplate Security Screws, Phillips Screwdriver, Wire Leads, Wire Nuts, Masonry Drill Bit, Wood Drill Bit, Wall Anchors, Wall Screws, Bubble Level, Extra Terminal Screws & Quick Start Guide||1080p HD Security Flood Light Camera, 16 GB Micro SD Card (Pre-Installed), Mounting Kit & Hardware (Mounting Bracket, 2 -8 x 1-1/2 in, Screws, 4 – 8 x 3/8 in, Screws, 3 Wire Nuts), Weatherproofing Gasket, Screwdriver, Quick Start Guide||HD WiFi Camera, 10’ Power Cable, Power Adapter, Wall Mount Hardware and Quick Start Guide||HD WiFi Camera, 10’ Power Cable, Power Adapter, Wall Mount Hardware and Quick Start Guide.||1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Security Cameras, 1 TB DVR, 60’ BNC Cables, HDMI Cable, Ethernet Cable, Camera Power Splitter, 2 Power Adapters (for DVR and Cameras) , USB Mouse, Mounting Templates, Mounting Screws & Quick Start Guide|
|Wired or Battery Powered||Wired||Wired||Wired||Wire||Wired|
|Two Way Audio||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Field of View||180° Vertical||140° Horizontal||55° Horizontal||55° Horizontal||103° Horizontal|
|MSRP||149.99 USD||179.99 USD||99.99 USD||99.99 USD||229.99 USD|
Compare with similar items
eufy Security, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell, 2K Resolution, No Monthly Fees, Secure Local Storage, Human Detection, 2-Way Audio, Free Wireless Chime-Requires Existing Doorbell Wires
EZVIZ WiFi Video Doorbell, Night Vision, Two-Way Talk, PIR Motion Detection, Weather Proof, 180° Vertical FOV, Free 3-hour Cloud Storage(DB1)
WiFi Video Doorbell Camera, XTU Wireless Doorbell Camera with Chime, 1080P HD, 2-Way Audio, Motion Detection, IP65 Waterproof, Cloud Storage and 32GB SD Card Included
Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus – enhanced wifi, improved motion detection, 4-second video previews, easy installation
|Sold By||GoodStuff CR Division||EufyHome||EZVIZ Direct||XTU Camera||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.00 x 7.00 x 8.00 inches||4.80 x 1.69 x 0.94 inches||10.00 x 8.00 x 3.00 inches||2.36 x 1.57 x 5.32 inches||5.06 x 2.44 x 1.06 inches|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So there are some minor issues I've been experiencing with this camera that can be somewhat annoying. They are enough to drop my star rating by one star (from 4 stars to 3 stars). I still think it's one of the better options for those looking to store locally, as opposed to paying for cloud service, since the positives outweigh the negatives. But here's my two annoyances:
- Occasional issues with recording motion. For some strange reason, the device gets selective in what motion it records and how fully it records them. When reviewing the recorded timeline of motion detection, there will occasionally be events on the timeline that I can't access, or that will be cut short. No real rhyme or reason as to why certain events aren't accessible (it will freeze when trying to load the event).
-Whenever the app on your phone requires updates (which is very often), you have to re-enter your password in the app (it won't save your password). This can get really annoying if someone rings your doorbell, and you have to try to remember your password and then enter it quickly enough in order to just see who's at the door.
I’ve been wanting to get a doorbell camera for years now, but have put it off due to the mixed reviews of almost every camera. There were a lot of trade-offs when it came to the perfect doorbell camera. So I waited a few years for the technology to catch up.
Fast forward to today, and there’s a plethora of doorbell cams to choose from, all with an abundance of features. However they each still seem to have their faults (with the majority of user reviews being three stars and under for the more popular ones).
Of course, the Ring and Nest cameras were at the top of my list to research, however I couldn’t shake my annoyance at having to rely on their Cloud for storage and service. Paying a recurring fee for the life of the unit just didn’t appeal to me. And what if these companies unexpectedly go belly-up? Then I’m left with a non-functioning device (I had already been burned by my Canary security camera, which originally touted free cloud storage during its peak sales - but then a year ago decided they would start charging for their storage).
There are also a lot of Chinese companies coming out of the woodwork with their own doorbell security devices, ranging from as low as $50 to as high as $300. I think we all know the security concerns we have about Chinese technology, and the safety and reliability of their devices.
So my qualifications for a doorbell camera were simple:
-It needs to have local storage (no cloud)
-It has to be HD quality
-It has to work with my existing mechanical doorbell (no batteries)
-It has to have night vision and motion detection
-And it has to look like a doorbell (don’t want one of those monstrosities that are the size of an iPhone Plus - since I
have limited door frame space. Also, no futuristic circular dome doorbells)
As I was doing my research, there were just too many options. However, I slimmed it down tremendously once I started specifically looking for local storage, and hard-wired (non-battery) doorbells. The majority of my choices were Chinese companies with strange device names. Most of these looked exactly the same, and you could tell they were all just re-branded from the same overall device manufacturer. And the reviews were all over the place. The only ones with four or five stars, all had under 10 user reviews (which is usually a big warning sign for electronics). Didn’t want to take my chances on those.
I had come across this RCA early in my searching (I was looking at both models, including the earlier version that looked more similar to Ring). Honestly, the only reason I pulled the trigger on this model was because it was newer, had moderate to good reviews, was a RCA-backed US name (even though it’s a re-labeled Chinese device), and because it had all the features I needed. It was still a hard decision, because the negative reviews complained about installation, firmware problems, and failure rates.
So I pulled the trigger on it since I didn’t really have many other options, and hoped for the best.
-Picture quality is excellent. I record everything in Ultra-def, and it’s clear and detailed. Night vision is crisp and
clear as well.
-Easy installation. The instruction manual is incredibly well-written and easy to understand. Took me 10 minutes to
finish installing. I didn’t run into any troubles with installing (other than an issue with the inside chime - which I
outline in the “cons”). Connected to the internet easily and the app worked seamlessly on the first try. The device
also came with everything you need (including screwdriver, masonry drill bit, and screw drill bit). The only thing
missing was a drill. It could have used a troubleshooting section, however - for those that DO run into issues.
-Looks great and not too large. Doesn’t look out of place as a doorbell. And the blue ring around the button is nice,
as well as the faceplate options. It also came with a selection of angled mounting plates to help with any location
constraints (angles the camera in the direction you want it to face)
-Works well on my 5g (using a Netgear Nighthawk router - about 20 ft from the front door). Pretty fast connection
while I’m in the house. Haven’t yet tested the connection/video speeds when I’m away from home off Wi-Fi.
-SD card upgrade options. I replaced the 16gb micro-SD with a 64gb card.
-The ability to manually record the door area. It also automatically records any instance of a door ring or of motion
detection, so you can go back in your timeline and see who may have come by your home.
-Upgraded to the newest firmware with no issues (I was hesitant at first, since there have been complaints about
color saturation, image blow-outs, etc from the upgrade)
-You can record audio, and also has a speaker function to talk to guests (which is loud and clear). That’s a bonus for
me since I wasn’t really looking for that feature.
-Chinese-made (rebadged Hikvision) makes me wonder how secure it is on my network. But really anything in your
house that connects to the internet could be questionable.
-Gets warm - not that worrisome right now, but during summer months I worry about failure due to overheating
-Can’t turn off or adjust volume of outside doorbell sound or speaker. It is incredibly loud, and I’m sure my
neighbors can hear when someone rings my doorbell. I’m also worried it could scare people not expecting it, since
most people aren’t used to the actual doorbell making a sound.
-The night vision dome in the center looks like a button. I‘m concerned people will accidentally press that instead
of the actual doorbell button
-My standard 16v doorbell transformer would not work in conjunction with this doorbell, in terms of the
mechanical chime inside the house sounding when the doorbell is pressed. The inside chime just wouldn’t work at
this voltage (even though the unit says it will work with lower voltage transformers). I had to purchase a 24v
transformer to remedy this, and now the inside doorbell works alongside the doorbell button. Minor annoyance,
and extra expenditure.
-No motion detector sensitivity settings. There’s only a range of 3 ft, 5 ft, 9 ft. Which isn’t really exact. If you’re the
type that wants to get notified by every instance of motion detection - it may prove annoying. I’ve had cars that
drive by get recorded, and my house is at least 75 feet from the road. There is also an alarm that sounds externally
from motion it captures (I have all these features turned off)
-App could use work. It has to log in every time you get a notification, which can cause some delay (at least it
remembers your username and password though). It’s functional, but I wish there were more set-up/tweaking
I may have written a lot of cons - but these are mainly just nitpicks, and could probably be solved in future firmware updates. Overall, I’m actually surprised at how easy it was to set up and start using - and the quality of the camera. So far, it was a good buy and I’m happy with my purchase. I finally have a doorbell camera that fits my needs.
*Disclaimer: I’ve only had this product a few days. Will update my review as I get more use out of it, and as I start to notice any issues (if there are any).
It works as advertised...great picture, great sounds, ability to talk with people at the front door. Never had a problem getting it to sync with my wifi system and never had a problem with it restarting automatically after a power outage. Works so well I'm buying a RCA floodlight/Camera for the back yard so I can put it on same app! I'll review that when I get it.
I replaced my Ring video doorbell with this one because the Ring always had a bad lag on video and I could never talk 2 way without the app crashing. Contacted customer support several times and no help. So I got this one. It installed just Lomé the instructions said except it wouldn’t scan the QR code in the instr book but then I found QR code on the outside of instr booklet and voila everything worked. You do have to push reset button on the doorbell so don’t screw in the faceplate too soon like I did. The app works great. It even works my old door chime too!
I’ve had the doorbell for over a week and it works so much more smoothly than the Ring video doorbell that I had for over a year! I can talk 2 ways, I can take pictures, I can record videos and monitor live anytime and no charges at all! It has no lag video at about 50% WiFi strength. I couldn’t be happier. I hope it lasts
Hard wired into the existing doorbell. Most others I looked at had an internal battery that lasts only 3 years can not be replaced.
Free video recording
3MP HD video quality! Better than 1080. Ability to change the video quality
Wide lens. I was concerned about my doorbell location but the lens covered a large area!
Zooms, Live Feed, Mobile Alerts, Scheduling, Two Way Talk, Audible alarm upon intruder of set area
The only CON I found was that most others have free lifetime replacement if stolen, this one does not.