Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 17, 2013
The TV works fine, but the DVD player has ruined 3 DVD's (I should have been smart enough to only ruin two). For the first month there were not problems at all. But now, I play them for about 3-5 minutes and then the picture skips then stops. When I took the DVD's out I found that brand new DVD's were scratched and would not play on other DVD players afterward. I would highly recommend you not buy this TV.
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
on August 22, 2012
Other than the package was beat to hell when it arived, it set up and worked flawlessly. My daughter uses it as a moniter as well as a T.V. by hooking her laptop with a HDMI cable and it worked better than I expected as a moiter, Impressed by the price, DVD is nice as well. She loves it and made a great entertainment addition to her room. Easy to set up and no problems with remote, in-puts say what they are so you know TV v moniter V whatever else you may have connected. RCA LED32B30RQD 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV/DVD Combo
70 helpful votes
71 helpful votes
on March 13, 2017
We have owned this TV for a couple years now. It has held up and worked for the most part, but the functions are all so slow and sometimes you have to load the DVD a couple times for them to read. Also, the USB port never did work for us. If you're looking for something with a built-in DVD player, there aren't many options, but hopefully with all the streaming services you won't need this any more.
on December 11, 2012
I needed to replace my old Toshiba tv with vcr and dvd combo, because some tiny belt broke on the dvd player. For $250, the price is right for this.

The picture quality is good, but the sound is terrible, tinny, etc., so I hooked up my computer speakers that have a separate subwoofer, and now it sounds great. It is not very responsive when turning it on or changing channels etc. - quite a delay. I hooked it up to my dvr/cable box first using the composite plugs that came with the dvr and were previously plugged into my old tv, but when I tried to setup the new tv, it did not recognize any of the channels. I had to poach an hdmi cable from another piece of equipment since none was included, and the new tv finally recognized the channels.

I was disappointed to find the remote doesn't work with the dvr/cable box, which I use all the time. I have to keep both remotes together and use both, one for volume and mute and the other for scheduling and watching recorded shows, which is the only way i watch tv so i can fast forward through commercials. Also, as someone previously mentioned, the mute button is in an odd place, at the top left, instead of intuitively by your left thumb when holding the remote nomally. Another disappointment is that the description says it comes with a swivel stand, and it does not.

Bottom line:
1. For $250, it's worth it
2. You HAVE to add your own speakers to make it listenable, but even computer speakers work well. I think I'll get another Logitech Speaker System Z523 with Subwoofer, which has fantastic sound, so I can get my other computer speakers back where they belong.
3. From my experience, you need to hook up using an hdmi cable, which is not included, even though it has inputs for composite, just to make it work.
4. Since the stand is not a swivel stand as described, you might want to get a wall mount like this one, which I bought but haven't yet installed, as it tilts and swivels and rotates, and is a deal at about $25: VideoSecu LCD LED TV Wall Mount Full Motion with Swivel Articulating Arm for 23-37 in, up to 42 in TV Monitor Flat Panel Screen With VESA 200 100, 20 in extension and Post-installation Leveling System M84
15 helpful votes
16 helpful votes
on April 25, 2015
I was really hoping this would last since I finally replaced my old tube TVs, but within 1 to 1.5 years, the picture is terrible, it pixelates, and is very grainy. I got a new cable box hoping that would solve the problem but no luck. Of Course this is after the warranty, so I'm stuck. Update..... don't buy this, I still have it in the bedroom but the picture has sucked practically the whole time. Update, April 2016, now the DVD player has broken, it accepts the disks but will not read or play them. Very disappointed in this company and product. It should have lasted much much longer, as I don't use it that often since it's in the bedroom.
3 helpful votes
on November 18, 2013
Purchased this several months ago but waited to write a review until I had used the unit for awhile. First right away I noticed the flimsy frame for the screen and the fact that it is not solidly built. It is LED and at the bottom where the front & back housings meet there is a small line of light that leaks out. This is due to the fact that the two halves are not fitted or sealed properly. At this point in time it has not affected the picture quality but I have concerns that it might in the future so I have sealed it with black electrical tape to keep dust out. I have no complaints about the picture quality. BUT the reason I have given it only 2 stars is the small speaker is not strong AND IS LOCATED ON THE REAR OF THE UNIT. This means that the sound does not reach the viewer unless turned almost to full volume. My family room has a built in media center but there is plently of space all around this TV unit. The space it sits within the center is 22 inches deep. This enclosure helps to reflect the sound off the back and into the room but it does not help much. The extra speakers built into my media center cannot be use with the unit for they are require more "drive" than this TV has through its audio out jack. I am thinking about purchasing two small angle speakers that require less drive wattage and attaching them to the side walls of the TV's cubby hole area. I would not recommend this TV.
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 26, 2012
I read every review I could find when trying to upgrade from a 20" tube TV for my bedroom. I was not looking to spend a lot of money and just wanted a decent quality flatscreen. This TV does the trick. The picture is clear and the sound is fine. I don't understand the folks who are complaining about the sound, in our bedroom we barely turn the sound past 11 or 12.

The TV arrived in excellent condition, the box was not damaged and I was surprised at how light it was! I was able to pick up the box by the handle with one hand. It was delivered late due to the snowstorms in the Midwest. I was expecting it on 12/21 and received it on 12/24 which put a damper on my Christmas Eve's plans.

The set-up should have been easy but the problem I had was with my cable box. It is an Explorer 4250 HDC box and was set to 480i instead of 1080i so when I initially hooked up the TV with my new HDMI cable, I could not get a signal. After reading everything I could and not being able to access the settings menu on the cable box, I finally called Time Warner Cable tech support in desperation. Turns out the problem was with the bedroom remote. When I used the living room remote and followed the instructions from Ron at TWC who was extremely patient and helpful, I was able to change the cable box settings and receive the HD signal. Voila!

Love the TV, footprint is compact and the picture quality is sharp. Perfect for the the bedroom. Price was excellent and the built-in DVD player is a plus!
You won't be disappointed if you buy this TV.
on February 24, 2014
I was happy with this TV/DVD combo for the 4 months it worked. It was fine, decent picture, sound was fine. I have probably watched a half a dozen movies and then today the DVD player stopped working. Says "No Disc" and makes a weird bumping sound for a few seconds. It does allow me to eject the disc, thankfully. I've called for repair as it is still under warranty. Will update with results. But I'd say buyer beware.

* Follow up: The dvd player was completely replaced and is working perfectly so far. Glad for the 1-year RCA warranty!
3 helpful votes
on June 17, 2014
...getting the TV delivered via FedEx Express was challenging and when I picked it up - I know why.
I now have to return this item because it appears that the journey was a bit bumpy and the screen is cracked.

I hope that the entity shipping the product out would consider revising policy and procedure with shipping partner, FedEx Express.
Other vendors/suppliers send silly items in nesting boxes with bubble wrap and leave packages on the door all the time. The bigger ticket items, like this RCA Television, did not and was in its' original box. When I finally coordinated a pick up place and the TV was in my possession, the box had a torn corner - actually it appears to be scraped and more than likely was dropped along the way.

44 comments|Report abuse
on January 9, 2013
This was a good value purchase for me. The TV was easy to set up, the picture is sharp. The sound quality is good. One "complaint" I have is that the port for headphones is a loose fit, which hasn't affected functionality of the headphones. When I tried to sync the set with the Verizon Fios universal remote control, I could not do so using the Verizon codes; however, the Verizon technician who helped me with a Fios set top box issue and I were able to enable the Verizon universal remote by using the code provided by RCA (and the technician noted that the Verizon codes didn't work and the RCA codes did). Finally, I really like the built-in DVD player! It works like a charm. I do believe the RCA instruction booklet should be rewritten to notify the uses initially and in bold that simply inserting the dvd disk into the player will activate the DVD player function (and then go on to explain the options for manually activating the player). Nonetheless, as electronic equipment instructions go, the RCA manual was adequate.