YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Valentines Day STEM Book House Cleaning JustAddMagic JustAddMagic JustAddMagic  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now 25% off select Britax car seats

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on April 27, 2012
I bought this for my kids' bedroom to replace a boombox and add an alarm clock at the same time. We have played a thunderstorm/white noise CD when they are in bed for quite a while now to help them sleep, so when the boombox stopped working I wanted to buy a single product to be an alarm clock and CD player. This product was nice and cheap, so I thought it would work. It seems to work okay, but lacks one feature that I wanted and just assumed that it would have - repeat all. When we play the CD for the kids to sleep we have it repeat over and over through the night (it helps them stay asleep, not just get to sleep). This CD player will not do that, however. It will play the CD all the way through and then just stop. Every other device I've owned with a CD player had the option to keep playing it over and over so I just assumed this one would, too. Several of the other reviews mention using this product with sleep-aid CDs, so I was encouraged to buy it. The others who use it for said purpose must only fall asleep to it and let it turn off, I suppose.

So not a bad product (although it's really light and feels kind of cheap), just not good enough for me.
77 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2012
This clock is great. Sound is good, and it does not "glow" in the dark like my previous clock. I like the fact that it has batteries, too, since our power goes off quite often. I highly recommend this CD Clock Radio.
on February 8, 2012
Bought to use as CD player in baby's room. Have not used alarm feature.

CD player works well, clock brightness is just right. Music can sound tinny when volume is up high, but we use it to play lullabies.

Lid for CD player feels a little cheap (thin plastic), but I wasn't going for high-end here.

Exactly what I expected and needed. Would buy again.
on January 21, 2012
I'm happy with this little radio, fits on the bedtable, CDs sound OK for the bedroom, clock works fine. Not much power to pick up less strong stations, but OK for the price.
on January 15, 2012
Only wish this would be capable of more volume for CD player. We only use this to play CD to fall asleep to...wouldnt recommend for general CD playing.
on September 13, 2012
This is not good for a radio. Nothing comes in and you need the external wire and it has a huge power pack. Also, sure you can wake up to your CD and pick the song of your choice as long as you select track one. Any other track, BEFORE the alarm comes on, there is a loud click noise and you can hear the CD being read. I only use it to play CD's when I want too. I have since bought a Phillips regular am/fm radio alarm and love it.
on June 1, 2012
I was fine with the small size and the clock and alarm, but the CD player was horrible. It skipped every CD I put in there every few seconds and it became too annoying to even listen to anything. Also, the sound quality wasn't very good (not crisp and too muffled when turned up) and it doesn't get loud enough to enjoy from another room when on. I sent it back and will probably get the Sony or the Jensen. For me it wasn't worth trying, but maybe you'll have better luck with yours.
on March 30, 2012
I had bought the previous clock radio (5605) and have loved it. Bought a second one for another place and didn't know I was getting a different model. This one is much cheaper made, but so far seems to be OK. Sounds like with the cheaper model, more problems arise. We'll see if it lasts.
on March 5, 2012
It's a nice little radio. The buttons are a bit confusing especially when you are sleepy but one gets use to them. The sound quality is good as I use my own CD to wake me up so it's set to a low volume. It fits my needs enough to consider purchasing another one.
on March 3, 2012
The clock radio quality was what I expected for the price. It did what I wanted but after 2 weeks the alarm just stopped working causing me to be an hour late for work. Figured this was just bad luck and since I liked it I'd exchange it for another one. Next one lasted 2 weeks before the CD player stopped working and would just blink nd nd nd nd nd when I tried to play a CD. So I was done and returned it for a refund. Sound quality not great but OK for background music or nature sounds when trying to sleep. Alarm was super loud (when it worked) so no problem waking up. If this product had lasted for a year I would have been OK with purchase. But it did not, twice.