Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 14, 2010
After looking at the star ratings and comments for various CD players online, and finding most nothing to brag about, I wandered down to a local store and bought the RCA model RP3013 because it was good looking, had great controls, was cheap enough, and it was an RCA. I also liked having an FM tuner. It comes with earbuds, but I just plugged in a set of my Sennheisers....I'm a traditionalist.

After using it for a week, I am more than happy with my choice.

First, the LCD is on top and easy to read. The buttons for play/pause, stop/off, eq, program, forward and back are also on top of the unit in the form of individual buttons in a semi-circle, very straightforward. Two AA's inside, under a cover....easy to install, unless you have sausage links for fingers. Sound is fine, but not the same as you'd expect from your iPod. Better than I expected however, and yes, I also own a large capacity iPod. The FM radio brings in my stations quite well, with an ST indicator to hone in on the best frequency.

Only negative, it has a wheel for volume, and another wheel for radio station selection, although the selected station is visible in the LCD window. I would have preferred electronic volume and tuning buttons. Kind of a surprising omission, but I can live with it. Just not crazy about wheels. Kind of 80's technology.

Anyhow, overall, very intuitive controls, good sound, decent battery life, a good purchase.
2828 comments| 713 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2015
Returned the RCA RP3013 Personal CD Player with FM Radio as soon as I could get it to a UPS Store. Right out of the shrink wrap only the FM radio function worked. Moved the switch to the CD player mode several times before the CD actually played. Returned to FM mode and then back again to CD mode again and the disc would not play. Purchased this to replace an old model of RCA's CD Player that suddenly decided to stop working after many years of use; the old one did not have an FM radio mode.

ONN Personal CD Player with FM Radio
Need a CD player for this weekend so went to Wally World and picked up an ONN for a few buck more. Both the FM and CD modes work on it. However, it only displays a digital readout in CD mode. Nothing is displayed in the FM radio mode. When it is in FM mode a red light next to the letters "FM" illuminates. Cannot believe that is how it is suppose to work. It seems that all the electronics made in China today is junk!!!!!
on May 2, 2014
The sound quality on this CD player is pretty good and the batteries are easy to install. I don't understand why people are complaining about this, as all the other players I've had have been the same way. (I didn't have to unscrew any teeny, tiny screws, etc.!) It has never skipped with me and I actually like the ear pieces as they don't fit into your ears so don't hurt (like some earbuds do). You do have to make sure you get the right one in the right ear and the left one in the left ear. If you read the instructions before using, you won't have a bit of trouble. The buttons on top are easy to see and use and the window is easy to read. The price is good and I highly recommend this player.
on March 29, 2016
Ordered this for an elderly relative who lives out of state. I carefully checked to be sure ear buds were included in description and even made sure to send the 2A batteries, so that he could use it right away. But no ear buds! WTH? Poor guy is on his way out so wanted him to be able to listen to some classic audio books for his birthday. :-(
on July 2, 2016
So far this Discman is working just great for me! I don't really understand why people complain about it not picking up where you left off after hitting the STOP button -- I don't know too many CD players that do resume after you stop them, not like MP3 players. So, this little RCA seems to me to be just as great a discman as I've ever owned. I don't really walk around or run with it, so I don't know how good the skip tracking is - I really just use it around the house.

Overall, pretty simple to use and sounds great. Pretty standard features for a Discman, including Programming, Equilizer mode, and Music Mode (POP, ROCK, SRR). I've had several discmans in my life, and this one is just as sufficient as any of those. I'd highly recommend this Discman!

*Note: I did get alternate On-Ear headphones, so I can't really review the earbuds this player comes with.
on February 15, 2015
I received this CD player and 45 minutes later, I am pleased to say I am listening to a book on CD even as I write this. The sound of the FM radio is just passable but the book sounds really good. The documentation is readable, and the buttons on the face of the device are easy enough to use. I wish the same were true of the several settings around the circumference of the device. The "open" switch, the volume dial, on/off, etc are small and the labeling (raised writing of plastic) is so tiny as to be unreadable (for me). I like that I can lock the settings after I have them just the way I want them - as finding them again is a trial.

I am so happy to finally be able to listen to a book without being tied down. I bought this mainly for listening to books and given the low cost, this will do quite nicely.
on June 25, 2015
How can this be a CD player if it does not play CDs?. I ordered this CD player so that I can listen to my Spanish lessons CDs, but it did not play the CDs. I also tried about eight other CDs which include music and audio books, I kept getting that "ERR" message. So tell me,what good is a CD player if it does not play CDs? In all the years that I have been ordering from Amazon, this is the worst purchase I have made so far. I plan to send it back to them tomorrow. If you are looking for a portable CD player, please save yourself the hassle, and purchase a CD PLAYER, maybe more expensive but they play CDs. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK!!!
on November 8, 2014
The audio is good. The problem is that there are a lot of switches on the outside area. You cannot see them from the front view photo, but the outside edge is black plastic with black on/off switch, radio/cd switch, volume control dial, etc - they are not in a certain area of the circle - they are randomly spaced around the circle & they are very tiny with very tiny black writing/symbols. They are almost impossible to see. So when you turn this thing on the side & then to the other side, then toward the back then accidentally move the volume dial & blow out your ears, then accidentally press one of the front buttons because you're having to turn this thing 360 degrees to figure out what you're looking at - well, it's annoying. It's just disorganized & randomly spread out & on a solid black edge. Plus, I'm not all into the 'new tech' era & when I haven't used it for a while I almost have to get the manual out to figure out what EQ, mode & prog buttons are suppose to do. What happened to play, stop, pause, & a simple arrow pointing forward or backward? But, audio is good, ear plugs are comfortable & clear. I don't think you can carry it around on your belt & there isn't a way to listen without headphones.
on April 23, 2015
This is a TERRIBLE product! Do NOT purchase this item! Why this is a listed as #1 Best Seller is beyond me - except for the low price. The most incomprehensibly USER-UNFRIENDLY thing about this product is that your have to open 5 star screws (and have the right sized screw-driver available!) to insert and replace the batteries! When I finally managed to do this, the inside working components fell out - so the whole item went from its Amazon Prime box into the trash can!
on October 21, 2016
Piper uses the CD player to listen to audio books while performing various farm chores: i.e. mucking out stalls/coops, mowing grass on garden tractor (loud), harrowing fields with farm tractor (louder), bushhogging (very loud). Plus the conditioners of dry, dusty, wet, hot, cold, bumpy are very punishing to player. So far, this one has proven very tough and efficient while being very gentle on batteries. Time will only tell on the life span of this machine. In Piper's use, one season has been the max. Cannot attest to sound quality for music as just listening to someone talk is pretty uncomplicated.