Consider this available item
RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Car SeatBlue, Opal
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Full Body, Racing-Inspired Side Impact Protection designed to protect each of the 5 vulnerable areas of a child in a side impact crash (head, face, neck, torso, pelvis)
- Racing-Inspired Safety Stripe System to alert parents that a twist could occur, or has begun, thus preventing a safety hazard
- EasyAdjust head rest with protective and comfortable PUR foam
- EasyAdjust no re-thread 5-point harness
- Rear-facing: 5 to 40 pounds, under 22.5 inches seated height; Forward-facing: 20- 65 pounds and under 49 inches
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Tested to international standards, the RECARO ProRIDE offers an intelligent design that protects a child during a side-impact incident. The car seat's enhanced head wings shield the head and face while a headrest limits neck movement. For added safety, reinforcements at the sides, hips, and thighs help stabilize the torso and pelvis areas.
The RECARO Safety Stripe System is a racing-inspired white stripe that is clearly visible on the outside edge of the five-point harness. This stripe is designed as an easy alert to parents that a twist could occur, or has begun, thus preventing a safety hazard.
Featuring a comfortable, ergonomic shell structure that offers support for your child, the ProRIDE is pleasant and cozy for short errands or long road trips. The harness system features soft pads to make it more comfortable. The headrest is designed with protective and comfortable automotive PUR foam. For comfort and safety, the soft, cushiony car seat is made with expanded polystyrene foam (EPS) that absorbs external forces.
For no-fuss care and maintenance, the ProRIDE car seat comes in a variety of easy-to-clean fabrics and colors. The Dual Air Flow Comfort System combines CoolMesh fabric, which provides superior breathability, and Built-In Shell Vents for improved an air circulation system to keep your child cool and comfortable during the ride.
The EasyAdjust, no re-thread five-point harness can be customized to properly accommodate your growing child. The harness and headrest simultaneously adjust with a simple turn of a knob and without the hassle of re-threading any straps. TrueLock belt lock-off prevents any slippage from your vehicle's seat belt when used forward-facing.
Designed with a premium push-button, built-in LATCH system, the ProRIDE is easy to secure to your vehicle. The universal top tether system and LATCH connectors also have built-in storage for added convenience. The rear-facing recline allows for a more precise installation and increased comfort. The car seat also offers chest-clip storage pockets to keep the loose ends of harness belts tucked neatly out of the way.
- Full Body, Racing-Inspired Side Impact Protection.
- Racing-Inspired Safety Stripe System.
- EasyAdjust headrest with protective and comfortable PUR foam.
- EasyAdjust no re-thread 5-point harness.
- Convenient chest-clip storage pockets.
- Built-in LATCH system & universal top tether with storage.
- TrueLock belt lock-off (forward-facing).
- Rear-facing recline
- EPS foam to absorb forces.
- Dual Air Flow Comfort System
- Ergonomic shell structure for maximum comfort.
- Removable Cushion Insert.
- Built in the USA with integrated German engineering (from over 50% components made in the USA).
Racing-Inspired full body Side Impact Protection with deep side wings keeps your child safe and is designed to protect each of the 5 vulnerable areas of a child in a side impact crash- their head, face, neck, torso and pelvis.
Nap Time Comfort
The Dual Air Flow Comfort System features built-in shell vents and CoolMesh air ventilation to keep your child cool and comfortable. The rear-facing recline allows a more precise installation and adds to the ergonomic shell structure to increase comfort for your little one.
On the Go Convenience
The TrueLock Belt Lock-Offs make forward-facing installation a breeze while the EasyAdjust no re-thread Harness and Headrest allow a for a quick and precise fit for your child. Chest-clip storage pockets keep the harness out of the way when you are placing your child in the seat and the Top Tether and Latch connector storage allow for convenient storage options when those features are not in use.
Explore Additional RECARO Products on Amazon
RECARO Performance RIDE Convertible Car Seat.
Compare with similar items
Diono 2019 Radian 3R All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Blue
Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat | Ride Rear Facing Longer with Extend2Fit, Kenzie
Graco SlimFit 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat | Infant to Toddler Car Seat, Saves Space in your Back Seat, Annabelle
Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat | 2 Layer Impact Protection - Rear & Forward Facing - 5 to 65 Pounds, Circa
Chicco NextFit Sport Convertible Car Seat, Shadow
|Age Range Description||Less than 18 months||—||Less than 18 months||—||—||—|
|Item Dimensions||27.50 x 25.50 x 20.00 inches||16.14 x 16.93 x 28.35 inches||22.10 x 19.20 x 25.20 inches||26.81 x 19.88 x 22.36 inches||23.00 x 18.50 x 23.50 inches||21.00 x 19.00 x 29.20 inches|
|Item Weight||24.70 lbs||28.53 lbs||23.19 lbs||19.69 lbs||29.40 lbs||25.10 lbs|
|Maximum Weight Recommendation||65.00 lbs||100.00 lbs||65.00 lbs||100.00 lbs||65.00 lbs||65.00 lbs|
|Minimum Weight Recommendation||5.00 lbs||5.00 lbs||5.00 lbs||5.00 lbs||5.00 lbs||12.00 lbs|
|Strap Type||All in one||—||All in one||—||—||—|
The ProRIDE is a premium convertible seat designed to offer your most precious passengers the safety you demand and the comfort they need. Your child will ride in comfort and optimal safety with this convertible car seat. The Side Impact Protection (SIP) is designed to distinctly protect five vulnerable areas of a child, head, neck, face, pelvis and torso. The easy adjust, soft touch head restraint is padded with real automotive PUR foam and positions easily with the turn of a knob. Also features an easy to adjust five-point harness, cool mesh air ventilation, and a lock-off mechanism that locks the vehicle seat belt in the belt path for optimum safety in the forward facing position. Other features include push button latch system with latch storage, harness storage pockets, a universal top tether system and a rear-facing recline lever. Also included is the RECARO safety stripe system a racing-inspired white stripe which will be clearly visible on the outside edge of the 5-point harness. The ProRIDE holds children with an internal harness from 5-40 pounds rear-facing and 20-65 pounds forward-facing.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The side padding is much more substantial, so it's easier for the toddler to take a nap without the head flopping over sideways. This is better in case of a side impact. Recaro is famous for their German engineered race car seats and this is readily apparent in the safety design of this baby car seat.
2. The seat is cooler. The fabric is smooth and doesn't trap the heat as much as the more plush and fuzzy Britax seat. My favorite feature is the mesh ventilation on each side. I took a picture of the mesh while shining a flashlight through it so you can see how the air would escape through the holes to keep the baby cool. Sometimes our toddler gets sweaty in the Britax seat which does not have extra ventilation.
Overall the Britax is more plush and comfy, while this Recaro is more firm and focuses the comfort zones where the risks are (side impacts and hot & sweaty days).
Big priorities for me:
1. They are very plush and comfortable - both kids can fall asleep in them on long car rides across the country. I was willing to pay a little more for a seat they're actually comfortable in rather than a cheap car seat that is hard and they won't sleep in. Removable cushion for the seat is great for when they're just transitioning into the convertible car seat. Easy to carry around from car to car (or in an airport) and not too heavy.
2. Also easy to clean for the many times you have to strip the cover and wash everything...took a minute for me to figure out how to get all the covers off at first but now I can remove all the covers, hose everything off and get it back on without the directions. Doesn't hold any odors and surprisingly has no stains and all the gunk comes off without issue (magic materials??)
3. Everything is easy to adjust - head rest is just a few knob turns, pull strap to tighten the seatbelt and little pockets to hold the chest harness out of the way (though I rarely use those), pull lever in the front to angle the seat if rear-facing or set it upright for front-facing, LATCH hooks even have a clip-in place to store when you're not using them. Everything works smoothly and intuitively.
Ultimately you have to get the best carseat for your kid but this has worked so well for us we recommend it to all our friends.