REEHUT Zafu Yoga Meditation Cushion, Round Meditation Pillow Filled with Buckwheat, Zippered Organic Cotton Cover, Machine Washable - 4 Colors and 3 Sizes
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE：Great for yoga practitioners alike, yoga poses, meditation, decorating your couch or bed, relaxing in your home, or even as a sleep aid for spine, neck, and limb support.
- CORRECT POSTURE: The multipurpose cushion can as yoga block to support your yoga poses, promotes proper posture and positioning.
- PROPER SUPPORT: Eases getting up from hard floors, relieves stress on joints and properly supports your spine. Helps to reduce the risk of numb limbs when meditating for moderate to long periods of time.
- MORE CONVENIENT: Full-zip cotton cover can be removable and machine-washable. Zipper access gives you the ability to customize inner cushion’s buckwheat hull filling to your desired comfort level. Features grab-and-go handles for easy portability.
- MULTIPLE SIZES: 3 Size Available. 12"diameter × 4.5"tall, 13"diameter × 4.5"tall, 16"diameter ×4. 5"tall. Suitable for practitioners of different heights.
Exclusive items from our brands
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
3 Size Available:
Great for all yoga meditation levels and styles
12"diameter × 4.5"tall
13"diameter × 4.5"tall
16"diameter × 4.5"tall
Five Colors for Your Choice
Choose the one suits you most, enjoy every moment in meditation.
Buckwheat Hulls Are Sealed Within Its Pouch By Zip
Easy removal and insertion, you can heighten or lower the cushion by inserting or removing the buckwheat hulls.
Cover, Made of Cotton Hemp Fabric
Comfortable, soft and sturdy, which is removable, refillable and machine-washable
Sturdy carry handle for easy transport.
Secure and comfortable, zip easily and smoothly.
Great for All Yoga and Meditation Levels and Styles
Do your yoga and meditation at home, gym, office or wherever you like.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 11.8 x 11.6 x 6.4 inches; 4 Pounds
- Date First Available : April 11, 2017
- Manufacturer : Reehut
- ASIN : B06Y65PYWS
Best Sellers Rank:
#8,392 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #558 in Yoga Equipment
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: 1 year later it is holding up well. However we use it more on top of a round ottoman to put our feet ans sometimes to sit on. It is well made as the stitching is very much intact. None of the insides have ever spilled out.
It is firm but it has give because of the buckwheat hulls, as oppsed to one with just cotton which is very firm with not much give.
I personally prefer this over a cotton zafu.
Im pretty flexable and pretty skinny so i got the 12x12x4.5 zafu.
Basically if you can sit on a zabuton or the ground and your knees almost touch the floor in the pose you use (I use a holf lotus) then I would recommend the 4.5 height (adjust the width to your size) if you dont have much flexability in the groin and hip muscles then I would reccomend the 6 inch height.
Im not sure how to recommend the 5 inch as Ive only used a 6 inch and 4.5 inch cusion.
Another thing i did before I bought the zafu is I took a measuring tape and made it a foot wide and the other sizes offered and sat on it and that is how I judged what width I needed.
Top reviews from other countries
It was just too empty! And the more I used it, the "emptier" it felt. I think the husks sort of "settle" so it feels less and less full over time. This means if it doesn't feel full when you get it, expect it to feel worse as time goes on!
I bought a 1lb bag of husks and have been filling it up with it and the change is IMMENSE. Finally I can sit for 30 mins without the last 10 minutes being me thinking of how my back or legs hurt, and always needing to "reshuffle" the husks under me which breaks my concentration.
So maybe if you get this, also order a bag of husks so you can ensure it's full enough for you.
On the other hand, someone else at the retreat had the same cushion, but her's was WAY more full than mine ever was, so maybe I got a dud, which also sucks because then it's a quality control issue.
I'm switching my review from 5 to 3 because it was not only a bad thing that it wasn't full enough, I went through a lot of genuine pain realizing that the problem was the cushion and not me. It's good that they have the zipper so you can add/remove husks, but the default should be "too full" (like a hacky sack) and you remove what you don't want, not that it's "too empty" and you have to pay another 20$ for a bag of husks to boost it with.
Note the photo is from when I first got it, but I "fluffed" it up to make it more full, even at that point it looked sad and saggy by default.
----OLD REVIEW BEFORE I CAME TO TERMS WITH IT REALLY BEING TOO EMPTY---
I've had it about a week now and use it every day for a 30-40 minute sit, so this isn't (yet) a long-term review, but it's also more than first impressions. Big disclaimer this is my first dedicated meditation cushion so I'm reviewing it as someone with 50+ hours of meditating on ad-hoc surfaces like chairs and stacked up blankets in a backpack.
So far this cushion is really nice. I like how it looks and it's mostly like the photos. It's a bit more "empty" than it looks in the pics I guess, but if you fluff it up it looks pretty full.
When you sit on it, there's more "give" than I expected. The husks under my butt move out of the way and behind me, and I end up sitting at the edge (always site at the edge of cusions like this, sitting in the center is bad and will be uncomfortable), with the cushion ultimately at an incline with the high parts behind me.
That sounds weird but it's still comfortable, and I find I can finally sit up straight for the full 30 mins without my legs getting sore as they always did when I was sitting on stacked up blankets (which were otherwise about the same height).
So yeah, sit at the edge, allow the beans to settle underneath you, then sit up with your back straight but your butt settled comfortably under you. This has been working for me.
Really glad I bought this pillow, and even though the way the husks sit under me was a bit off-putting, it ultimately feels really natural to me.
So other notes:
* I got the 12" one and it's big enough for me. I have a relatively skinny frame and small butt, so YMMV.
* 12" one is nice and somewhat portable, it fits in my large-ish school-style backpack. It's a bit of a squeze, but because it's malleable and you can remold it into different shapes, I bet it would fit in a lot of bags.
* I brought it outside and put it in a normal size disposable shopping bag to use it on the grass at the park and that seemed to work fine.
* Haven't experimented with the zippers etc. so no idea if those are sturdy or not.
* There's definitely some extra room in there, which tempts me to buy extra husks somewhere else and make it a little more full, but I'm not sure if that would spoil the "balance" of it.
Note: my photo makes it look really big, it's just perspective.
This has helped me sit In the lotus position better. (My left foot usually falls asleep, but it hasn’t since I’ve used this.) It also helps me sit up straighter with less effort.
As an added bonus I’ve used it when sitting on the floor while I eat or do homework at the coffee table.
I love this product and am very happy I treated myself!