Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rega - Planar 1 (Black)" and save 18% off the $475.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Rega - Planar 1 (Black)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Rega Planar 1 turntable features a brand new RB110 tonearm built with the new Rega designed, bespoke, zero play bearings with ultra-low friction performance (Patent Pending).
- Every single aspect of the Planar 1 has been meticulously designed to improve performance. For the first time the Planar 1 is now running a 24v, low noise, synchronous motor to reduce vibration transfer combined with our brand new RB110 tonearm fitted with Rega's bespoke zero play bearings.
- Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy. (Patent pending)
- Brand new, 23mm, higher mass, phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability.
- Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes available, gloss black and gloss white.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The new Planar 1 is the most user friendly Rega turntable to date. Now with preset bias force on the brand new RB110 tonearm, the Planar 1 is set up in seconds after unpacking. Simply slide the balance weight onto the rear of the tonearm as far as it will go, remove the stylus guard and start spinning your favorite vinyl. Performance beyond price Every single aspect of the Planar 1 has been meticulously designed to improve performance. For the first time the Planar 1 is now running a 24v, low noise, synchronous motor to reduce vibration transfer combined with our brand new RB110 tonearm fitted with Rega's bespoke zero play bearings. Only sharing the drive belt, sub platter and dust cover from the outgoing RP1, this is truly a new turntable for 2016. If you are looking to get back into vinyl and want serious performance that will last you a lifetime, then look no further.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I experienced low frequency feedback while trying to play at a loud volume. (My Technics J3 and Empire 398 did/do not have this issue. Actually I don't recall ever having had this issue before.) The felt mat seemed cheap as do the ten cent RCA cable and plugs. A plastic platter? Please... I don't know if this is common or simply because it is Rega's entry level player.
The tonearm is the lightest I have picked up. It is rigid. The build quality helps pick up the rest of the unit. Looks and feels high quality and outshines the rest of the product to me. Rega did get the tonearm and cartridge right.
The sound at reasonable listening levels is very clear. Smooth, and accurate with no frequencies exaggerated more than others. I'd give it four stars for sound and only 2 for build. I gave two stars because build is important to me, and the feedback issue.
Again, I am accustomed to the turntables built in the 70's and 80's and find that to get the build quality of that period today costs over $6,000. and I do't have that kind of cash to lay out. I found what I was looking for on the used audio market.
As far as the seller delivering the product, it came in the alotted time and was not damaged. Good job for... doing your job.