Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2pk-8"-80t -- Multi-Use Brush Specialty -- RENEGADE BLADE® - Carbide Brush Cutter weed eater Blades, 203mm diameter
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on May 14, 2015
I had trouble finding Husqvarna OEM blades for heavy brush. Went to good old Amazon and found these. Dropping 1/4" to 3" trees several a second. Had to punch a road into a neglected woods about .2 mile. Took about 6 hours. Great blade. I needed extra washers as my brush cutter has a concave head. I asked the company if I could purchase three. They sent me a handful at no charge! I bought the three-pack.
Before and after below.
review image review image
on February 22, 2012
I have been using the first blade for nearly an year now. Have lost a few carbide teeth by running into a chain link fence. I take a small swing at pine trees upto 2" (on full throttle), and the blade goes through it eeezy. taking down pine brush has never been so easy!
on March 9, 2013
This item cuts like a hot knife through butter. I bought the 8 inch and put is on a craftsman weed trimmer to clear honeysuckel brush up to 1 inch in diameter. It cut through like it was grass. Unbelievable cutting ability. You better be careful when using this and protect your feet and ankles. Just a accidental touch and you can get cut very easy.

I would have given this a 5 except for one thing. As stated in other reviews the adapter washer that comes with this doesnt fit without trimming it. The inside diameter is to small. I used a dremmel and very carefully removed about 1/64 to 1/32 all around the inside of the washer. You would think that the company would have read these reviews and would have taken care of this by now.
on November 17, 2014
 Using these 8" blades on my Honda HHT35SUKA brush cutter. No special adapter needed, bolted right on. These blades also bolted right onto my Troy Bilt with the Brush Cutter Attachment. Love the blade, just bought the 10" as replacement since this honda brush cutter can take up to a 10".
on July 17, 2012
These blades come with a washer that is meant to act as an arbor adapter. The only problem is, it didn't quite fit in inside diameter of the hole in the blade. I could sort of mash it in there, but it didn't sit flush, so the blade wouldn't tighten properly.

After a bit of filing by hand, and then eventually turns on the belt sander, I got the OD of the washer so that it would fit in the blade. Then, I discovered that the washer was quite a bit thicker than the blade -- same problem, it wouldn't tighten properly.

I took the washer that came with the second blade and compared the two. The one I hadn't worked on was significantly thinner than the other.

After a bit more work to get the 2nd washer to fit inside the blade, I found it to still be too thick. Fast forward past repeated iterations of belt sanding and test fitting, I finally got the thinner of the two washers thin enough to not interfere with the lockup on the brush-cutting attachment.

However, I'm still giving this product 4 stars, because after spending the better part of an afternoon re-machining this the adapters that shipped with the blades, I found that my little 25cc string trimmer w/ brush cutting attachment and this blade cuts through 1/2" - 3/4" saplings like the weren't even there.

Zero resistance -- I just swipe the blade and stuff falls down.

This is a MASSIVE improvement over the 4-tooth "blade" that came with my PoulanPro brush-cutting attachment.
on October 12, 2012
I checked this item out on the seller's website as well before ordering on Amazon. It was several dollars cheaper and free shipping on Amazon as opposed to the seller's website. The seller's website did provide more information on the product which led me to the purchase. Overall I am very pleased with the blades. I used them on my Ryobi weedeater (brushcutter attachment head). It did not need the additional reducer ring that came with the blade for mounting. It cut through 2 inch mesquite saplings like nobody's business. I have since used it to trim overhead limbs in my yard. Haven't dulled it yet to require sharpening, but I did buy a two pack thankfully. All in all, very good product.

Now that I have used both blades and they were ready to be sharpened, I got a huge surprise when I went down to my local sharpening shop. IF they could be sharpened, because of the number of teeth on the blade, it would cost more than the blade cost when I purchased it. Secondly, the teeth are so close together, the shop did not have files small enough to fit between the teeth. So, if you are planning for a "one time use", these are great blades. If you plan to use them for a long time (due to the carbide tips), don't waste your time.
on October 11, 2015
I'm using this on an old Stihl FS90...not much power but it runs well enough since I started using premium gas. Used to have to swing the thing like a scythe. Now it cuts through saplings if you just look at them. I used to hit a lot of rocks doing this. Now that this gives me more finesse I can take my time and the blade does the work...haven't hit a rock yet. I consider this as a consumable, given the low cost. I may have to replace a blade a year.
on June 15, 2013
This product is not specifically designed to be used with the Poulan Pro system. The diameter of the blade fits within the footprint of the brushcutting attachment, but the diameter of the mounting hole is twice the size as the mounting rod. To compensate for that the seller sent an insert washer to shrink the size of the opening which does fit the mounting rod. Unfortunately, the two insert washers that I received were thicker (height) than the thickness of the blade, so when you mounted it on to the Poulan Pro, it would cinch up to the washer and not the blade. As you can imagine, the blade spun freely still. It is a fairly easy fix with a rotary instrument and a grinding bit. After about 5 minutes of grinding to thin the washer and multiple checks, I was able to get the thickness of the washer and the blade to be close. **Warning** - wear gloves or hold washer with pliers while grinding as it gets incredibly hot. Once they were the same thickness, it mounted quite well and pretty much works like a circular saw blade. Great for brush 2-3" and smaller. Not so great for weeds, but that it not what I bought it for. One last point, It came in a ziplock bag with no instructions or professional wrappings. I am pretty positive that this seller does this out of his garage, but hey, at least I got it to work!
on March 20, 2013
I had a large lake point that needed a haircut - - BAD. It had overgrowth in the form of brambles, briars, blackberries and buckbrush (not to mention numerous trees ranging from saplings to 14 inches in diameter). After reading the reviews of this product, I decided to take the plunge. The standard brushcutter blade on my Poulan machine was little more than a toy. It just seemed like the standard blade was DULL and much effort was required for even modest brambles. After installing this blade, life got much better. As others have mentioned, it cuts like a HOT knife through butter.

I expected the Carbide blade to do well on the woody underbrush and briars, but the small trees? No problem! The carbide blade sliced right through the small trees (2 or so inches in diameter) with GREAT ease. Imagine a circular saw on the end of your weedeater. Larger trees took more effort, so we generally used the chainsaw for those. For us, the most trouble was removing the cut brush fast enough behind the man with the brushcutter.

We spent the entire weekend doing this project. We used exactly one blade. The blade made much contact with the soil throughout the project. Sure, it dulled some, but not enough to compel me to swap it out for the other blade included in the 2-pack. The carbide teeth remained intact and could be sharpened if needed. I will simply discard and replace it since they are so inexpensive.

If you have a SERIOUS project that requires a brushcutter, I HIGHLY recommend this product!
on February 27, 2015
I used one of these blades last summer. They held up quite well. I did destroy it at the end of summer. I was thinking I was in a thicket of vines, but was actually hitting some large wire planters. But luckily I still have that second blade. These things are great at clearing vines and small brush. On a normal size weeder, they do struggle at cutting larger trees in the 1.5-2 inch range, but they also seem to have a very manageable kickback too. I just bought a 40cc brushcutter trimmer, and they are much more dangerous with these things, in regards to kickback. My normal trimmer is a 23cc 2 stroke. I'm sure these can be sharpened, but I don't believe it is worth it. If you are wanting a resharpenable blade, get a chisel tooth designed one.