- File Size: 756 KB
- Print Length: 380 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 193641354X
- Publisher: Science Future Press (November 27, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 27, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GYKUO88
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #155,993 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.00 (80%)
RETURN (I Am Just Junco Book 5) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Return is told from multiple POVs - Junco, Tier, Lucan, Ashur, and Annun. This was a brilliant composition, really, as it reinforced the fact that not a single person, save Lucan, really knew what was going on. And even he didn't know how it would end because everything hinged on whether or not Junco would follow her last order. As the Angels arrived, the Seven Siblings rose, and everyone took their places on the gameboard -- the suspense had me tightly gripping my kindle. Junco, and her cohorts had all been through so much. Could they keep the faith?
An element I truly appreciated Ms. Huss granting was the backstory for Lucan. Getting to witness how it all began - seeing Aesin, Lucan's father, in all his sadistic glory, meeting Crage and Ea - was so enlightening. They are all High Order beings and they are all so narcissistic. Their endgame was most important and any collateral damage was of little concern to them.
One quite in particular really summed up this book, and the series really, for me...
"Lucan has placed us like actors on the stage. He's got us coming and going in so many different directions, it's impossible to figure out what's true and what's not." Loc 2896
I'm not going to go into detail on the action in the story - it's the Angel Apocalypse, after all. I will tell you I was still guessing at the end. I'm sure Lucan would be disappointed in my lack of faith in him. He actually was always truthful and his cunning knew no bounds.
In Return, we see many players and they all have a role on the end-of-the-world stage -- some little parts, some large. No one knew how it all would end, least of all me. Ms. Huss had me giggling, crying, gasping, as it all unfolded -- as secrets were slowly and carefully revealed. And in the end, I was, as Junco was, left feeling more than satisfied. I am happy.
I've said before that I love the mythology Ms. Huss incorporates into Junco's story. She does a tremendous job of weaving it all together. And the world-building is over the course of this series has been phenomenal. Ms. Huss makes mention, in her 'end of book s***', the fact that this story isn't new, and that's true. It's a story told throughout history, in many different countries, cultures, and religions. I thoroughly enjoyed her different perspective on this old story.
If you haven't read this series yet, I highly, highly recommend it. It was a read outside of my comfort zone but I've been ecstatic over finding Junco and Ms. Huss.
I read all of the Junco Series and could continue reading more if you had written it. I spent $12.00 if my precious $40.00 dollars to my name just so I could continue reading. That is all I do, read, read,read. I am disabled and TV really never really interested me except fir Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow and, if course, NCIS because of Mark Harmon.
Kudos to you!
Those of us who have lived traumatized childhoods which trigger lives of trauma as adults understand this challenge. Julie's anti hero/heroines must heal their traumas while fighting overwhelming odds. Junco Coot is completely misunderstood. Allies and enemies are contemptuous of her "insanity" which they themselves have caused. So Junco must fight herself, her enemies, her "allies", and the overwhelming terror of the unknown. Junco punches above her weight because these overwhelming challenges teach her the way out. This is why Junco defeats arrogant enemies. Because she has already defeated her own inner demons.
This book is a wild, gory unholy ride of adventure, loss, pain, suffering , sacrifice and insanity. In a world in our own far future, there is a girl. She is tangled in the past can she save our future and her sanity?
I'd have her as my 9 any day.
This series is an amazing read!
Most recent customer reviews
I just LOVED IT. This poor girl I was so pulling for her the entire time.
What a twist of events.
love everything that JA Huss writes. Read this series, you won't be disappointed.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic