RHA SA950i On-Ear Portable Headphone with Remote, Titanium Speakers
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Professional Grade Sound Quality from 40mm Titanium Mylar Drivers
- Single detachable 1.5m Fabric Braided Copper Core Cable
- 3.5mm Gold plated connections maximize contact efficiency
- Comfortable Quilted Headband and Lightweight Design (105g)
- iPhone/iPod/iPad compatible/3 Year Warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
RHA SA950i headphones with remote and microphone- Titanium drivers- 3 year warranty Featuring technologies more commonly found in full-sized studio equipment, the SA950i delivers professional-grade audio in a compact supra-aural design. Engineered to produce studio quality sound in a portable unit, the SA950i utilizes 40mm titanium-coated drivers and powerful neodymium magnets to reproduce the full audio spectrum with fidelity and precision. The headphones deliver a full and balanced sound complete with textured bass and outstanding clarity through the mid and high frequencies. A lightweight headband, adjustable chrome sliders and padded contour-forming ear pads allow for long-wearing listening comfort. A 1.5m shielded detachable cable prevents common connection problems and offers freedom to disconnect quickly and easily. The fabric braiding produces less friction than a normal rubber cable which helps reduce tangling, prolonging cable life. The ultra-portable design comes with an inline remote and mic featuring multi-click control over call, music and volume functions on your Apple device. The SA950i headphone is designed for Apple devices and so offers full functionality for all recent Apple products. The remote also supports some call and music control on Android and other smartphone devices; functionality is dependent on model, generation, software as well as which applications are installed and consequently differs from phone to phone. Mashable - “After intense listening to a variety of musical styles and comparing them with my favorite headphones, I can only conclude this is the best value in headphones I've ever seen.” Gizmo do - “The RHA SA950i headphones deliver a level of quality, design and portability that is way out of proportion with the products price tag.”
From the Manufacturer
1. Protective filter
2. Acoustic housing
3. Titanium coating
4. Mylar diaphragm
5. Titanium coating
6. CCAW voice coils
7. Neodymium magnet
8. Rear frame and screen
RHA SA950i headphone with remote and microphone- 3 year warranty
Featuring technologies more commonly found in full-sized studio equipment, the SA950i delivers professional-grade audio in a compact supra-aural design. The headphones deliver a full and balanced sound complete with textured bass and outstanding clarity through the mid and high frequencies.
Engineered to produce studio quality sound in a portable unit, the SA950i utilises 40mm titanium-coated drivers and powerful neodymium magnets to reproduce the full audio spectrum with fidelity and precision.
The SA950i is designed to achieve highly accurate, linear sound reproduction in a compact, supra-aural headphone. The drive unit's Titanium coating ensures fast responses and distortion-free sound throughout the audio spectrum and at high volumes.
A lightweight headband, adjustable chrome sliders and padded contour-forming ear pads allow for long-wearing listening comfort.
Shielded, detachable cable
A 1.5m shielded detachable cable prevents common connection problems and offers freedom to disconnect quickly and easily. The fabric braiding produces less friction than a normal rubber cable which helps reduce tangling, prolonging cable life.
3-button in-line remote microphone
The in-line remote and mic features multi-click control over calls, music and volume on your Apple device.
3 year warranty
The SA950i has been designed and engineered to deliver the highest standard of build and audio quality, which is why it is covered by a comprehensive three year manufacturer's warranty.
Designed in the UK
RHA creates unique, high specification audio products, designed and engineered at their research and development centre in Glasgow, UK.
Every product has been engineered to deliver professional grade, cutting edge sound. Each feature, detail and component is the result of extensive research and an uncompromising commitment to innovation and quality.
Top Customer Reviews
The headphones fit comfortably and snugly on my (fairly small) head. My head is 14" (measuring from the center of one ear to the center of the other ear over the head). To help you determine if they are a good fit for your head I am including detailed measurements of the headband. The headphones leather band is 9" (measured on the inside, the part that touches the head). The adjustment mechanism can be expanded from 7/8" to 2" on each side. The total head band can be adjusted from 13.5 inches to 16 inches (measuring from the center of one headphone to the other, where the band connects to the headphones, on the inside).
I am attaching a collage of 2 photos (that can be located by following customer photos link under the main photo) which shows the close-up of the adjustment mechanism. The adjustment mechanisms are the chrome-colored bars which are between the headband the earphones.
The cups of the earphones are 2.75" by 2.25". The leather is very soft and cushy. They formed a comfortable and good seal on my ears.
I really liked the cord it comes with. It has volume control built into the cord which I found very convenient, and cable is covered with corded fabric which produced no echo in the headphone when it rubbed against something. I also found that the cord did not tangle as much as my other cords. The cord is 61 inches long.
The headphone plus the cord weight is 4.2 oz, and I found that I could wear them in a noisy office all day without getting tired.
I received an evaluation copy of RHA SA950i On-Ear headphones to write a comprehensive and unbiased review and I hope the measurements and photos will help you in your buying decision.
Ali Julia review
1. The ear cups on the Sony MDR-V6 don't last and with sweat they literally melted away. The more they melted, the hotter they got on my ears to the point that I gave up.
2. I switched to all Apple devices in 2011-2012 to make my life simpler. RHA SA950i works with iPhone, and all the iPad and iPods. I have used it for phone calls. My move to Apple was a separate decision that then influenced the move to SA950i.
The sound for both units is beyond excellent, except outside in significant weather conditions. For those in the music industry, it's difficult to be happy with lightweight headphones of any type. I have three SMS headphones, which while not the most expensive are certainly at least entry-level for professional DJs.
Additional points of comparison:
* SA950i is lighter weight than MDR-V6. SA950i weighs only 105g - really lightweight. Sony does not publish the weight of MDR-V6, not even on the Sony web site.
* SA950i has 3-yr warranty (parts and labor). MDR-V6 has 1-yr warranty (parts, no labor). MDR-V6's warranty allows it to replace with refurb parts too.
* SA950i has more durable cable, with the braided shielding. That only makes sense because RHA's warranty goes to 3 years and they don't want parts that don't last (like the ear cups of the MDR-V6).
* SA950i has better volume control.
* Both units are in my estimation exactly equally tight around head, and both could benefit from a little more band length although it would come at the expense of additional weight.
* MDR-V6 has been around for a very long time and was at one point innovative because it uses copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW or CCA). This type of wire has an aluminum core, and that helps reduce weight versus a solid copper core, and it saves money as pure copper wire costs more.
The bottom line is both SA950i and MDR-V6 have great sound for the weight, and SA950i manages to do it with more innovations that drive weight down further. MDR-V6 has an obvious and serious ear pad flaw. SA950i has a much different and better warranty.