Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 11-15 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on December 18, 2011
I have always waited till pants go on sale to purchase. I thought I was saving money. But the sale pants never last. Spent the extra cash, and I am glad I did. These pants are great. Rugged well made, look as if they will out last 4 pairs of sale pants. Saving money in the long run with these, now if only I can find some great work socks my search will be over!
on January 9, 2012
Just received them and havent even tried them on but the color is different then the picture its more of a green
on February 13, 2011
I ordered these pants in my normal size, and they didn't fit. So, I sent them back and went a size up. They fit... but these are quite possibly the least comfortable pants I have ever owned. I wore them for one day and had to fight with them all day, the second day I tried (thinking the wash might have made them more comfortable) I took them back off before I left the house. I doubt I will wear them again.

I am a big guy, and that might be the problem. I wonder if these weren't cut for a slimmer figure, despite the larger size availability. The back of the pant, above the buttocks, seems to be higher than normal pants. Despite this, something just seems off about the cut of the fabric around the hips and waist. They seem a tad tight in the hips/pelvis area, and not tight enough at the beltline/waist. The result is that anytime I sit down, or bend over, while wearing them... they go about halfway down my bum. Even with a belt, I have to literally hold onto them to keep them in place when I sit down in a normal chair. If I go up any more sizes, then they will literally just fall off... and have a huge sagging crotch area. I have many cargos, even some cheap ones I got at K-mart, and I've never had this issue before.

On the plus side, they look nice. I really like the style of them. Sadly, because they are so uncomfortable, I won't be wearing them again... and for the money I paid for them that is a bit of a loss. Long story short -- if you are a bigger guy (40" waist and up) you will probably be better off without these.
on December 10, 2010
In spite of what other reviews say, these pants DO NOT RUN TRUE TO SIZE. The pants run 2 inches larger than the actual measured size. (A "size 34" is actually 36 inches at the waist.) I guess the comments about the pants running small come from people who are used to the vanity sizes used by many manufacturers, which are often 3-4 inches smaller than measured sizes, but to get pants that fit, actually measure the waist on a pair that fit you, with the waistband stretched tight when you do the measuring, then order a size 2 inches down from the size you measured. Note that the prices at Orchard Supply Hardware (yes, you can buy pants in a hardware store) are as good as this vendor's prices, and you can actually look at the pants before you buy them. My local OSH stocks only the "bark" and dark-brown colors, though).
on January 26, 2010
This is the first time I'm not satisfied with Amazon. I bought both a pair of Riggs Ranger pant and a pair of Riggs Workwear Carpenter pant. Other than the colors I selected they're both identical in every way. However, the Carpenter pant are $6.00 cheaper than the Ranger pant. The quality of both manufacturing and fit are excellent though and I'm sure I'll get a lot of miles wearing them for years to come. The only reason I don't give a 5 star rating is because I feel I was ripped off the extra $6.00 because the tag said "Ranger" instead of "Carpenter". Save your money and get the Carpenter pant, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.